Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So . . . no team's picked up Bernard Pollard yet

Default So . . . no team's picked up Bernard Pollard yet

Very interesting. Wonder why?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by buttabean58 View Post
    I think we will see a team pick him up on Tuesday. The reason is if a team picks him up before the season they would have to pay him for the whole year, but if they wait tel after the first weeks games are palyed a teamcan sign him and cut him without losing $. Thats why Garcia hasnt been picked up yet either, no one wants to be stuck payinga contract for the whole year and they turn out to be a bust or just not fit in.
    That is for vested veterans, I dont believe that would apply to Pollard, it does however apply to Jon Runyan.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    That is for vested veterans, I dont believe that would apply to Pollard, it does however apply to Jon Runyan.
    Yeah, a vested veteran has four years in the NFL. Pollard only has three.

It isn't for economic reasons that Pollard remains unsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Maybe it was just the Chiefs were so bad that pollard looked better to us then he realy was. I am surprised he has not at least been looked at by someone. Maybe it will come monday if a team loses a guy.
    Exactly!!!! That was the whole F'ing point with the Herm BS. All these guys he brought in were starters, but they were starters because we had nobody else. They may not have even made most teams. I do think you build through the draft, but not in 2 years! Then he didn't coach them worth a damn. I loved all the comments from this year's training camp. Every player talked about how the "vacation was over" and they had to get back to work. Great choice in a head coach. It will take us 4 years to dig out of the Herm Hole, but I do believe these guys will do it. They will build a solid team and we will finally be able to put this nightmare behind us.

Well guys, here is what Herm Edwards had to say about Bernard Pollard 3 days ago in an interview on 810 WHB

Former Kansas City Chiefs Coach on Bernard*Pollard - Arrowhead Pride

Sounds like Herm thought Bernard was gonna be his John Lynch. Lynch was awful in coverage too.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 09-12-2009 at 12:35 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I hate to add fuel to the fire, but heres what Pro football Weekly had to say about Bernard Pollard:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/10/pollard-a-poor-fit-for-chiefs-scheme-attitude

From what we hear, Pollard was let go not because of Brown’s preseason performance — which wasn’t anything spectacular — but because he did not fit in with the team’s new defensive scheme. GM Scott Pioli reportedly shopped the Purdue product until the very end, but he couldn’t even get a seventh-round pick in return, showing the lack of interest for Pollard around the league. Lacking fundamentals and known to frequently miss tackles, Pollard is the type of player the Chiefs’ new regime wants to purge as they attempt to transform the franchise.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Exactly!!!! That was the whole F'ing point with the Herm BS. All these guys he brought in were starters, but they were starters because we had nobody else. They may not have even made most teams. I do think you build through the draft, but not in 2 years! Then he didn't coach them worth a damn. I loved all the comments from this year's training camp. Every player talked about how the "vacation was over" and they had to get back to work. Great choice in a head coach. It will take us 4 years to dig out of the Herm Hole, but I do believe these guys will do it. They will build a solid team and we will finally be able to put this nightmare behind us.

I 100% agree with you on the Herm not coaching worth a darn. That is going to hurt many of the young players that are on this team.

Bernard will be forever remembered in Chiefs lore as "The guy who got us Matt Cassel".

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    Bernard will be forever remembered in Chiefs lore as "The guy who got us Matt Cassel".

That will probley depend on how well Cassel does. Hopefuly he is great and we can look back on it and think that was a great day. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    If Cassel doesn't by chance work out, he will be know as "the guy who put Brady in his place"
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12