View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Here's the problem with Just taking a QB with our 1st pick no matter what. It could set us back far longer to do that then not taking a QB at all. We are going to be drafting very high. In the 1st 3 picks for sure. Most QBs taken that high get about 3 years to prove there a NFL starting QB. If we take a guy just to take a QB and he's a bust then we are going to be hurting. We NEED A QB BADLY we need to get one somehow but if we look at all the qbs out there and don't see any of them being the guy then it would be stupid to pick them if we work out Teo or anyone else and he shows he can be a good prospect. I think that we will find a QB to take I don't really see a standout guy but I don't think it's going to turn out to be no Qb at all in this draft. So I think we are going to take one and I will be fine with it. But this talk that we have to use our 1st pick on a QB no matter what is short sighted. Qb is a Huge problem on this team but if there's not a fix out there this year (I'm not saying there's not) then we shouldn't draft a guy we are ify on. We need a player that can help us for a LONG time. Not just a qb.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How far is too far (reaching) for a QB this year? How low on the board does a QB have to be for you to say "we should really look at the Best Available or trade down"

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The same way you know Geno or any QB in this draft is going to be a Tom Brady.

But the difference is we dont need another linebacker, we desperately need a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    But the difference is we dont need another linebacker, we desperately need a quarterback.
    I won't argue with that, but I want a great QB not another J Russell that will set us back another few years. I don't say take the LB if a QB is not rated in the top half of the first round, I say take the best player available of need IF there is not a Good QB prospect, I would be okay with a DB, I don't see a need for OT but if there is a great one that will be good for a trade possibility.

Belcher was an ok ILB and we could have used an upgrade before the tragedy. its not like the OLB situation where we have two studs. DJ is a solid ILB but he needs a compliment on the other side. adding teo would do that as well as upgrading our entire D. do we need a franchise QB more??? ABSOLUTELY, so does that mean we take a longshot with our first pick just for the QB or do we take the sure thing at ILB? keep in mind we should be able to get a near equally talented QB w/our 2nd pick. instead of teo in the 1st there are other impact players available too.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Belcher was an ok ILB and we could have used an upgrade before the tragedy. its not like the OLB situation where we have two studs. DJ is a solid ILB but he needs a compliment on the other side. adding teo would do that as well as upgrading our entire D. do we need a franchise QB more??? ABSOLUTELY, so does that mean we take a longshot with our first pick just for the QB or do we take the sure thing at ILB? keep in mind we should be able to get a near equally talented QB w/our 2nd pick. instead of teo in the 1st there are other impact players available too.

Don't see how Te'o is a "sure thing" when his coverage skills are questionable.

I really don't care about Te'o, in a passing league against peyton the last thing we need is a linebacker when we already have good ones in DJ, Houston and Hali.

we run a 3-4 Defense, that means we use 4 linebackers and now only have 3. we can also just pick the best player available, may not be teo, probably won't be a QB. do you truly believe we are only a QB away from a division title??
    if that is the casewe should use all of our picks on QB's and hope we find the "ONE"
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Don't see how Te'o is a "sure thing" when his coverage skills are questionable.

I really don't care about Te'o, in a passing league against peyton the last thing we need is a linebacker when we already have good ones in DJ, Houston and Hali.
    He has 7 picks this year 7 that's twice as many in less games then anyone on this team. How can you not see the possible value that he could bring to this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we run a 3-4 Defense, that means we use 4 linebackers and now only have 3. we can also just pick the best player available, may not be teo, probably won't be a QB. do you truly believe we are only a QB away from a division title??
    if that is the casewe should use all of our picks on QB's and hope we find the "ONE"

No, but a good qb can offset a lot of holes on a team, it is definitely the place to start.

Linebacker is not a position we need.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He has 7 picks this year 7 that's twice as many in less games then anyone on this team. How can you not see the possible value that he could bring to this team.

Because the better teams we play will be passing the ball a lot more, thus limiting our 3/4 base sets.