Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My biggest MNF worry for the Chiefs...

Default My biggest MNF worry for the Chiefs...

This may be a silly worry, by comparison to what some of y'all are worried about. However...what I fear may affect the Chiefs more than anything negatively with facing the Chargers next Monday night...is it being a MNF game.

There is an entirely different element of pressure with playing on MNF than that which typically comes from Sunday game. The majority of our team has never played on MNF, had such National televised attention, nor pressure to perform. It could go either way...affect them negatively or positively, but they're only human, it will make many, if not all very nervous...including possibly coach Haley.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I more so think that it's a positive thing. No matter how long somebody has played or watched football Monday Night Football is the best place to play, where everybody watches. It has just a little bit more excitement than just a Sunday game, I lean more towards thinking it's gonna be a positive energy boost for our young team as opposed to a negative one. For the rookies, and 2nd year and some 3rd year guys they have never seen a full capacity crowd either... that should be huge. Anything can happen and that's one of the beauties of the NFL.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I more so think that it's a positive thing. No matter how long somebody has played or watched football Monday Night Football is the best place to play, where everybody watches. It has just a little bit more excitement than just a Sunday game, I lean more towards thinking it's gonna be a positive energy boost for our young team as opposed to a negative one. For the rookies, and 2nd year and some 3rd year guys they have never seen a full capacity crowd either... that should be huge. Anything can happen and that's one of the beauties of the NFL.
    Thank you...for knocking some sense back into me, and lessoning my worries. I tend to agree with you, it's just been so long since we've had a MNF, I didn't consider all the positive aspects you did, such as relating to the adrenaline rush it may bring our younger players.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Thank you...for knocking some sense back into me, and lessoning my worries. I tend to agree with you, it's just been so long since we've had a MNF, I didn't consider all the positive aspects you did, such as relating to the adrenaline rush it may bring our younger players.
    The last time I remember us having a night game at home (forgive me if I'm wrong) was on Thanksgiving day in 2006? That game was a huge win over the Denver Donkeys! Ain't nothin' sweeter than a night game at Arrowhead either.
    Last edited by stricken721; 09-06-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Resident Celebrity

This is gonna be my first night game ever!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This is gonna be my first night game ever!!
    Same here.

Resident Celebrity

Im gonna celebrate it with beer.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I see it as a positive. I think if we come out with the huge capacity crowd going nuts and making it feel a little like the good 'ole days, and can pull out a win, ticket sales are going to go up and playing in front of a larger home crowd can only be good for us throughout the season.

I can't wait!!!!

I've been to a night game before, but not Monday Night Football. Had to be a Sunday night game...cause all family holidays were hosted at my house, know for sure it wasn't a Thanksgiving game, haha.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast