Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

Castillo has spent most of his career coaching offense. Here is a snippet from his wikipedia page and link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Ca...rican_football)

"Castillo became the defensive coordinator on February 2, 2011.[5] The hiring was met with surprise by players, fans, and members of the media primarily because Castillo had not coached the defensive side of the ball since he was at Kingsville in 1989.[6][7]"

Everybody makes bad decisions that they later regret. I would think that move was one of Coach Reid's. It sounds like he learned from his mistake as he's bringing him as a o line coach again.
    How about Jim Leavitt the lb coach for Frisco? He seems to have those guys firing on all cylinders. He hasn't held that position with an nfl team yet (I think) but he might be a goo fit.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Or Jim Tomsula the D line coach for Frisco. We need as strong a dc as we can get. I really don't want to think about all the players we have that won't Fo in a 4-3 defense. It's gonna mean a whole defensive rebuild again :(
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

i wouldnt mind ron rivera currant panthers head coach he might be getting canned. and has ties with reid. he was d coordinator for the bears and the chargers before getting the head coaching gig at carolina

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i wouldnt mind ron rivera currant panthers head coach he might be getting canned. and has ties with reid. he was d coordinator for the bears and the chargers before getting the head coaching gig at carolina

Wouldn't mind Rivera but i think he stays another year at least in Carolina.

I was kinda under the impression that Reid had his coaching staff pretty much assembled, maybe I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I was kinda under the impression that Reid had his coaching staff pretty much assembled, maybe I'm mistaken.
    He could pretty much bring his crew from Philly probably, but he didn't have a DC at the end of the year, so that is the big question. The DC choice is what will make or break his hiring, IMHO. That and what we do with QB.

I think we should wait a week or two before we start second guessing who his staff is going to be. We really have no idea at this time it is all just wishing and hoping on our part. He may end up keeping some of the coaches that are here right now, we just don't know.

Gunther?? Wouldn't be too bad. Maybe they will get s upstart college guy who wants to jump into the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    He could pretty much bring his crew from Philly probably, but he didn't have a DC at the end of the year, so that is the big question. The DC choice is what will make or break his hiring, IMHO. That and what we do with QB.

Hoping he makes a few changes. We'd be competitive w/ his philly staff but a few changes might be even better.

DC is VERY important. Might mean alot of changes there too. As long as the man is a diciplinarian.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast