Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I was referring to McClain. I was just mentioning Babin to show that we still are in the top of the running for waiver wire stuff.
    sorry about that chief.(in my best Maxwell Smart imitation )

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're cherry picking

Week 1 40 points Some want to blame the turnovers but 27 of those 40 points were on the board before 1 turnover happened.
    This was their worst week, the first week of the season.

Week 2 35 points given up
    7 came from a TD where Cassel fumbled at the KC 38. 7 came from a punt return TD.

Week 4 37 points given up
    20 of those points came off turnovers in KC territory and another 7 on a pick 6. So yeah, the defense did a terrible job.

week 6 38 points given up
    7 were from a pick 6, another 7 were after KC turned the ball over on downs when they were getting crushed in their own territory.

week 8 26 points given up
    6 from turnovers in KC territory.

week 9 31 points given up
    3 came from a turnover in San Diego territory. 7 from a fumble recovery in the endzone, 7 from a pick 6. (17 points total from turnovers).

week 11 28 points given up
    This was a bad game.

I'm not cherry picking anything. The fact of the matter is that the 1 game the offense has no turnovers, against Peyton Manning of all people, they give up 17 points. Add up how many points they give up in those other games minus turnovers IN THEIR OWN TERRITORY. I hate having to do research for you to inform you.

Tell me again, that a QB that DOESN'T TURN THE BALL OVER 19 TIMES IN 9 GAMES doesn't instantly make this team better. Peyton Manning on this team doesn't make them 7-4?

Not to mention the offense has scored 3 touchdowns since week 5. But yeah, this defense is in shambles.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-29-2012 at 11:46 PM.

All I have to say about this is not picking a quarterback early in the draft this season is going to be relegating this team to another 1 and 15 season. I don't care, no one can make a case for any other QB in this league that could come in here and play better than the barrel of monkeys we have at that position now.

It is entirely possible that Geno Smith is not the guy that we need, at the first overall pick, but he is the guy we need for this team, because there is no one else out there on the market that could do better.

Unless San Diego is stupid enough to release Rivers, or some other crazy action like that.

QB right now, is the biggest need this team has. We have to address that now. We have a good defense that is only getting better, and finally I say we have an offensive line that is better than average, and we still have a good running game. We need someone to get the ball to these receivers we have drafted.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This was their worst week, the first week of the season.

7 came from a TD where Cassel fumbled at the KC 38. 7 came from a punt return TD.

20 of those points came off turnovers in KC territory and another 7 on a pick 6. So yeah, the defense did a terrible job.

7 were from a pick 6, another 7 were after KC turned the ball over on downs when they were getting crushed in their own territory.

6 from turnovers in KC territory.

3 came from a turnover in San Diego territory. 7 from a fumble recovery in the endzone, 7 from a pick 6. (17 points total from turnovers).

This was a bad game.

I'm not cherry picking anything. The fact of the matter is that the 1 game the offense has no turnovers, against Peyton Manning of all people, they give up 17 points. Add up how many points they give up in those other games minus turnovers IN THEIR OWN TERRITORY. I hate having to do research for you to inform you.

Tell me again, that a QB that DOESN'T TURN THE BALL OVER 19 TIMES IN 9 GAMES doesn't instantly make this team better. Peyton Manning on this team doesn't make them 7-4?

Not to mention the offense has scored 3 touchdowns since week 5. But yeah, this defense is in shambles.
    I said that turnovers hurt the defense you just want to give them a hall pass on there bad games to hate our QBS its what you do in EVERY post BLAH BLAH qb sucks BLAH BLAH Even in a thread prospect here you are complaining about the qbs

So tell me you like Geno smith so much would he have stopped Matt Ryan and the Falcons week 1? Would he have been able to Tackle C.J Spiller week 2? Would he have been able to tackle the Bucs Wrs? Would he have stopped Charles from having those 2 fumbles in our own territory against the Chargers? Would he have stopped Hillis from Fumbling at the 1 yard line? Would he be able to explain to our Coaching staff that Eric Berry just can't defend TEs very well? Would he have made the field goal against the Steelers that would have kept us out of OT? Would he had taken Routts place? Would he have given Romeo the answer to why Charles only got 5 carries? Would he have made the catches that Bowe couldn't against the Steelers? Would he have fielded the punt that was muffed against the faiders?

Those are just the mistakes made by others that I can think of Point being that There have been to many costly mistakes that have had very little if anything to do with the QBs to say we would be a good team with any QB. To say we would be any better then .500 is a reach. When your head coach doesn't no why the best offensive player on the team only got 5 carries in a game your just not going to be a good team at all. No matter who the QB is. A qb better Qb would make us better I have said that before but we would still have a LOT of problems when your 1-10 you have far more problems then a bad Qb. With this team and this coaching staff any QB would have there troubles.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I said that turnovers hurt the defense you just want to give them a hall pass on there bad games to hate our QBS its what you do in EVERY post BLAH BLAH qb sucks BLAH BLAH Even in a thread prospect here you are complaining about the qbs

So tell me you like Geno smith so much would he have stopped Matt Ryan and the Falcons week 1? Would he have been able to Tackle C.J Spiller week 2? Would he have been able to tackle the Bucs Wrs? Would he have stopped Charles from having those 2 fumbles in our own territory against the Chargers? Would he have stopped Hillis from Fumbling at the 1 yard line? Would he be able to explain to our Coaching staff that Eric Berry just can't defend TEs very well? Would he have made the field goal against the Steelers that would have kept us out of OT? Would he had taken Routts place? Would he have given Romeo the answer to why Charles only got 5 carries? Would he have made the catches that Bowe couldn't against the Steelers? Would he have fielded the punt that was muffed against the faiders?

Those are just the mistakes made by others that I can think of Point being that There have been to many costly mistakes that have had very little if anything to do with the QBs to say we would be a good team with any QB. To say we would be any better then .500 is a reach. When your head coach doesn't no why the best offensive player on the team only got 5 carries in a game your just not going to be a good team at all. No matter who the QB is. A qb better Qb would make us better I have said that before but we would still have a LOT of problems when your 1-10 you have far more problems then a bad Qb. With this team and this coaching staff any QB would have there troubles.
    3 touchdowns since week 5. Guarantee he improves on that. Lowest scoring offense in the league? Guarantee you he improves that. Taking some pressure off our defense by actually scoring touchdowns? You bet.

Your whole post is filled with stuff that happens to every team in this league. Hell, the Packers had a horrible game against the Giants last week. San Fran lost to Minnesota. New England lost to Arizona at home! My only point is that this team is merely missing a QB that can actually score points and they're playoff contenders regardless of the schedule.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-30-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Maybe to put it more simply, Matt. You seem to want to focus on all the little things that are wrong with this team. I don't deny that this team has it's flaws elsewhere. But one more draft and a good QB and this team can go places.

EDIT: I basically see it as this...you take away the turnovers, get a QB that can lead a team down the field and score points, and you have a team that is competing for the AFC West title every year.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-30-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Your whole post is filled with stuff that happens to every team in this league. Hell, the Packers had a horrible game against the Giants last week. San Fran lost to Minnesota. New England lost to Arizona at home! My only point is that this team is merely missing a QB that can actually score points and they're playoff contenders regardless of the schedule.[/B]
    Well most of it show me anther team who has a head coach who can't answer why one of the best running backs in the NFL today only got 5 carries

And I agree that A better QB would help this team. I just don't understand why people get more upset with our QBS for not being able to make up for mistakes by others that have happened then they do at the players when they make those mistakes.

And I have said from a player standpoint QB is the biggest need right now. But we have far more wholes then just a Qb. Qb is a big whole the biggest is missing a coaching staff. I would still love for someone to show me 1 adjustment that has been made this year just 1. This team has more needs as well the want list includes

1. COACHING STAFF from top to bottom
    2. QB
    3. CB
    4. A d line that can get after the qb
    5. Safety help
    6. TE help although Moaki is starting to play better in the last few weeks
    7. More depth on the O line
    8. Wr help

Without touching most of those we won't be a good team. A better qb would help mask a few of them but not all. My point all year long has been this team needs help in alot of areas. I would LOVE TO AGREE that a better QB would make us a good team I just see to many wholes to be able to agree.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Maybe to put it more simply, Matt. You seem to want to focus on all the little things that are wrong with this team. I don't deny that this team has it's flaws elsewhere. But one more draft and a good QB and this team can go places.

EDIT: I basically see it as this...you take away the turnovers, get a QB that can lead a team down the field and score points, and you have a team that is competing for the AFC West title every year.
    I think if you want to fix this team you have to focus on all the problems it has. A new QB won't fix a good number of the issues we have you never fix all your problems but I don't think you can focus on just what is one of your biggest.

I will agree anther draft and a qb will help the team go places as long as there's a new coaching staff. That I can agree with you on. I just can't agree that a new Qb and this team would be going places.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    All I have to say about this is not picking a quarterback early in the draft this season is going to be relegating this team to another 1 and 15 season. I don't care, no one can make a case for any other QB in this league that could come in here and play better than the barrel of monkeys we have at that position now.

It is entirely possible that Geno Smith is not the guy that we need, at the first overall pick, but he is the guy we need for this team, because there is no one else out there on the market that could do better.

Unless San Diego is stupid enough to release Rivers, or some other crazy action like that.

QB right now, is the biggest need this team has. We have to address that now. We have a good defense that is only getting better, and finally I say we have an offensive line that is better than average, and we still have a good running game. We need someone to get the ball to these receivers we have drafted.
    Phillip rivers gets a 4 million roster bonus and accounts $17million against the cap next year. A new GM and coach may release considering he's had 2 down seasons. I'd jump on that. But yeah that would be a minor miracle.

Put Peyton on this team and our O line gets him hurt. Not many qbs are gonna have big games when playing behind our underachieving o line.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast