Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills discussion thread......

Default Bills discussion thread......

I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

As TopekaRoy pointed out in another thread, the last 2 games we have allowed the Browns and the Texans 92% of their average points per game. Much worse than the 50 or so % we had been averaging. And the Browns and Texans are two of the better teams we have faced.

The Bills are 3-5, but they have played some good teams......Their losses have been to the Patriots, Jets, Browns, Bengals and Saints. Those are NOT easy teams. Their wins have been against the Panthers, Ravens and Dolphins and none of them are pushovers.

The Bills have scored 176 points for an average of 22 points per game. And they have done it against some pretty good teams....not the NFC East. If they score 92% of their average for the first 8 games then they will score 20 or 21 points against us. The most we have allowed this season. And the Bills will be playing at home so I can see that being good for an extra 3 points. So maybe 23 or 24 points.

The Bills have allowed 213 points this season for an average of 27 points per game. And as I said above, that has been against some pretty good teams.

I think we are going to need a MINIMUM of 25 points to win this game. In their 5 losses the Bills opponents have scored an average of 30 points per game to get the win and I don't see us putting up 30 points.

I think the Bills are going to be our toughest opponent yet and they always play us tough.

I REALLY want us to go into the bye week 9-0, but I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 10-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Now you are starting to piss me off. All you say is negative about the chiefs as well. You think we've gotten destroyed against mobile QBs? Our defense is #1 in the league and we've played some damned good mobile QBs. When we were @PHILLY!! Vick didn't pull out the win did he? No! We stopped him and we will stop any given mobile QB as well as any other defense out there will.
    Doobs is actually right here. Mobile Qbs have given the defense trouble. You mentioned Vick he moved the ball a lot he ran for about 100 yards against us. 4 runs 99 yards. He had a long of 61 yards but that means his other 3 runs were still over 10 ypc. 3 runs for 38 yards. Mobile QB have given the D trouble doobs was only stating fact there.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Doobs is actually right here. Mobile Qbs have given the defense trouble. You mentioned Vick he moved the ball a lot he ran for about 100 yards against us. 4 runs 99 yards. He had a long of 61 yards but that means his other 3 runs were still over 10 ypc. 3 runs for 38 yards. Mobile QB have given the D trouble doobs was only stating fact there.
    Thank you

Now you are starting to piss me off. All you say is negative about the chiefs as well. You think we've gotten destroyed against mobile QBs? Our defense is #1 in the league and we've played some damned good mobile QBs. When we were @PHILLY!! Vick didn't pull out the win did he? No! We stopped him and we will stop any given mobile QB as well as any other defense out there will.

Here's to all the people here who say us talking Super Bowl is setting up disappointment. Not for me I speak Super Bowl with hope not expectations I'm excited for our chiefs and hope they achieve the world This season but I super happy if we don't go any further than we are now, at least we aren't the jags and going back to back losing seasons

Look at matthews post. and i never said we were getting destroyed by mobile QBs just said they are having troulbe against them.

Interesting. I was on a Buffalo forum and everyone seemed to think that we really aren't that good and that they fully expect to win this game. Then I come on this forum and read between the lines that the folk here really don't think we are that good and that we fully expect to lose this game. Then I go on CBS, ESPN, NFL.com and all I read is that the Chiefs are the worst 8-0 team in the history of the NFL. Well F all of you. This is the most fun I've had in many years. Maybe we do suck. But we are 8-0. The only team in the NFL that can say confidently that they are better than eight other teams at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Interesting. I was on a Buffalo forum and everyone seemed to think that we really aren't that good and that they fully expect to win this game. Then I come on this forum and read between the lines that the folk here really don't think we are that good and that we fully expect to lose this game. Then I go on CBS, ESPN, NFL.com and all I read is that the Chiefs are the worst 8-0 team in the history of the NFL. Well F all of you. This is the most fun I've had in many years. Maybe we do suck. But we are 8-0. The only team in the NFL that can say confidently that they are better than eight other teams at this stage.
    Hell NJ! We're ALL having a lot of fun with 8-0!!!! But with each win we get more nervous. I think I can say that there isn't a man on this board that hasn't said sometime in the last 40+ years in the middle of a good run...."YUP! This is the year! We're going to get back to the Super Bowl and we are going to win!" And somehow it just hasn't worked out that way. After so many years of high hopes that wound up being dashed we've pretty much all come (to a greater or lesser extent) to expect that the good runs are going to end in crushing disappointment. In short, as fans we have forgotten how to enjoy a winning run. We LOVE the individual wins and absolutely REVEL in them on Sunday, but by Monday afternoon after a Sunday game we're already expecting the other shoe to drop.

I LOVE MY CHIEFS!!!!!!! But there is a bug in my guts that has been living there for 40+ years and just like a cancer that damned bug has grown stronger with every crashing letdown of a season. And lemme tell you....he's a BIG STRONG BUG now. And every time we start winning he keeps saying "You know it won't happen!" And with how strong that bug is, it'd damned hard not to listen to him because he's got his tentacles growing all through my guts. One of these days that damned bug is going to finish sucking all the juice out of me and I'm going to die. Onliest thing that will kill that bug is a Super Bowl win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They give us problems? We beat them! Doors is speaking like we are going to lose all of these games we are playing because we cannot handle mobile QBs but we handle them better than the other defenses they face

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    You are doing it the right way. But some people, I bet, are starting to EXPECT a Super Bowl already. It shows up in the tone of their posts on chiefs forums.

I wouldn't be happy at all with that. A monumental nosedive will kill all hope for future seasons. That would be worse than being a Jax fan in my book.
    This has been a very exciting season, last season at this point I was ripping my hair out, those bald spots don't just grow back now I'm bald for life. Last season was very little to no excitement so at least I'm not losing more hair even if this is as far as we go we can't do worse than .500

They give us problems? We beat them! Doors is speaking like we are going to lose all of these games we are playing because we cannot handle mobile QBs but we handle them better than the other defenses they face
    HUH?

A lot of chiefs fans thought KC was goign to destroy campbell and the rookie from houston....it didn't really happen, they had good games. Now Topeka said thad lewis with QBR rating post. The defense is good but got pushed back a bit with houston (without foster) and cleveland (campbell third string, but he's way better than weeden). 8-0 is awesome, KC beat the teams that were infront of them, but the problem is they were not that great of teams. KC is showing they are not the same 2-14 team they were before, but haven't proven to be able to beat a top 5 or maybe a top 10 team (because KC hasn't played a top 10 team....YET). (FWIW, i think Indy and NO are the best teams right now)

Buffalo is not what their record shows, i think all their games have been close games. Add in history (BUT DOOB, NEW COACH NEW REGIME) and it's going to be a hard fought game. The only game i had a great feeling of an absolute win was Jax.

/rant

Also, i never said "mobile QBs destroy kc" i just said they cause problems.
    Last edited by doobs_05; 10-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

As TopekaRoy pointed out in another thread, the last 2 games we have allowed the Browns and the Texans 92% of their average points per game. Much worse than the 50 or so % we had been averaging. And the Browns and Texans are two of the better teams we have faced.

The Bills are 3-5, but they have played some good teams......Their losses have been to the Patriots, Jets, Browns, Bengals and Saints. Those are NOT easy teams. Their wins have been against the Panthers, Ravens and Dolphins and none of them are pushovers.

The Bills have scored 176 points for an average of 22 points per game. And they have done it against some pretty good teams....not the NFC East. If they score 92% of their average for the first 8 games then they will score 20 or 21 points against us. The most we have allowed this season. And the Bills will be playing at home so I can see that being good for an extra 3 points. So maybe 23 or 24 points.

The Bills have allowed 213 points this season for an average of 27 points per game. And as I said above, that has been against some pretty good teams.

I think we are going to need a MINIMUM of 25 points to win this game. In their 5 losses the Bills opponents have scored an average of 30 points per game to get the win and I don't see us putting up 30 points.

I think the Bills are going to be our toughest opponent yet and they always play us tough.

I REALLY want us to go into the bye week 9-0, but I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME.

Your thoughts?
    Thoughts....
    trap game?! Lmfao!!!!

Last 2 seasons:
    Bills 41 Chiefs 7
    Bills 35 Chiefs 17
    ....Dominance. How do you get trap game delusional fan

Some ridiculous comments on this bills forum http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...4081-KC-3-Buff

i can see it going the same way as the Cleveland game, close until the end and we just come through and win.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast