Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady, Welker, about Cassel

Default Brady, Welker, about Cassel

Tom Brady and Wes Welker talk up Matt Cassel, who's about to go against Peyton Manning | Don't Kill the Mellinger
    I thought some of you might think this funny.
    Then again, Cassel might not trust some of his receivers.

Welker: “I think his biggest strength is his arm, and you know, his reads. He’s a physical specimen. I don’t know if too many people know about that, but Matt is very strong. So even running the football, being strong in the pocket, shed off tacklers, things like that. He always did a great job of putting the ball right on the money.”
    Brady: “I’m guessing probably his accuracy. He’s a very accurate passer. He’s also very mobile, he can keep plays alive. He’s not going to run, but he can keep the play alive and let people get open a little bit. He’s got a good feel.”

This is not the Cassel I know. I want this guy! I thought they were talking about Ben Rothlesbooger

This article is nuts.

This article is not nuts, and it is not far off base.

Look, Cassel is strong, he is tough, not very many quarterbacks could have played week in and week out last season behind the line we had. The guy took a pounding and came back for more.

As for his arm and accuracy, well I admit he has not been the best for us, but he is getting better. Last season he was able to put up some points, even when you consider our receivers dropped a good amount of passes thrown to them.

Is he good enough to lead this team? I think the jury is still out, but if he keeps improving each game, then he is doing what is asked of him. I am still on the Cassel wagon.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Look, Cassel is strong, he is tough, not very many quarterbacks could have played week in and week out last season behind the line we had. The guy took a pounding and came back for more.

As for his arm and accuracy, well I admit he has not been the best for us, but he is getting better. Last season he was able to put up some points, even when you consider our receivers dropped a good amount of passes thrown to them.

Is he good enough to lead this team? I think the jury is still out, but if he keeps improving each game, then he is doing what is asked of him. I am still on the Cassel wagon.
    Cassel is strong in that he can take a hit and he can shed a tackle but Arm strength? No. He does not have a strong throwing arm.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Cassel is strong in that he can take a hit and he can shed a tackle but Arm strength? No. He does not have a strong throwing arm.
    Why, because he never gets the opportunity to throw it deep?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Whatever. Welker and Brady are Cassel's friends. Of course they're going to talk him up. I just want to see consistent production.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

I agree. I have a difficult time understanding why some Chiefs fans don't consider all the negative aspects Cassel faced his first season as a Chief. Very little blame can be placed upon Cassel's shoulders as to our poor record last season. Those negative aspects were an overwhelming many, and I doubt in the history of the NFL a QB had to face all the numerous negatives and obstacles Cassel did in one season ALL AT ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I disagree, I've witnessed his strong arm in person, both at games & at training camp. Just because he doesn't see or think he has an opportunity to use his strong arm doesn't mean it's not there when he does have an opportunity.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why, because he never gets the opportunity to throw it deep?
    No because I have seen him throw a deep ball and it starts get all fluttery and doesn't reach the distance intended. You could say Brodie has a strong arm not Jamarcus strong (btw both bad qb's) but strong Cassel has an average possibly less then average arm at the NFL level. Brodie threw a football 68 yards at the qb challenge I would put Cassell in the 55-60 and probably accurately throw it 40-45 yards, but in all honesty when does a qb need to be able to throw it much farther. It takes a fast WR 4.5+ seconds to run a 40 in full pads and that's flat out running, so really we are looking at 6+ seconds to throw a ball that far and have a wr be able to get to it. That's a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

I disagree, I've witnessed his strong arm in person, both at games & at training camp. Just because he doesn't see or think he has an opportunity to use his strong arm doesn't mean it's not there when he does have an opportunity.
    I have been to many games as well and I have seen him underthrow many wr's. Cassel has never been known for his arm I have never heard anyone say that he has a strong arm other then this article even the most diehard Cassel fans haven't said that. Cassel is no Joe Flacco or Matt Schaub or young Brett Favre in that he's not gonna throw the ball 65+ yards down field with great accuracy, but honestly I think throwing power is overrated. Jamarcus Russel has a very very strong arm and look at how pathetic he is. I think accuracy is underrated Chad Pennington made a career on that but couldn't throw the ball far at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast