Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Preview!!!

Default 2009 NFL Preview!!!

www.whatifsports.com has a preview for the 2009 season. CHiefs predicted at 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    www.whatifsports.com has a preview for the 2009 season. CHiefs predicted at 7-9.
    That's what I'm talking about!!

Looks like the 6-10 to 7-9 range is pretty popular for us. Then again, that's what I'm predicting.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Looks like the 6-10 to 7-9 range is pretty popular for us. Then again, that's what I'm predicting.
    I think it's a fair prediction considering we play 9 teams that should make the playoffs. But if we win all our games in the AFC west and then get 3 wins that we should be competive with out of division, Bengals, Jags and Redskins that's 9-7 and playoffs would be within our grasp. The NFL season can work in funny ways sometimes.

I think it's a fair prediction considering we play 9 teams that should make the playoffs. But if we win all our games in the AFC west and then get 3 wins that we should be competive with out of division, Bengals, Jags and Redskins that's 9-7 and playoffs would be within our grasp. The NFL season can work in funny ways sometimes.
    I think we have a shot at sweeping the division, the only game that SHOULD be tough is going to San Diego. If we lose any of the others, then we just decided to stink.

I really think the Bengals could be better than people think, they did great at the end of the season last year, so that could be a bit more interesting than people think. Redskins aren't all that good, but it is up there so who knows. We should handle the Jags easily.

Honestly, if we are to make the playoffs, two things HAVE to happen. One is, we need to split against the NFC East. I think it's doable against the Cowboys and Redskins, but by far, the toughest of the tasks. Second, is we have to take at least 4 games within the division. We could actually sweep them, but that's still pretty hard to do.

If we do that, then all we'll have to do after that is just win 3 games against non-conference opponents. We should be able to beat the Jags and the Browns. (though this could be a different story if they get Marshall)

IMO we are definately up for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think we have a shot at sweeping the division, the only game that SHOULD be tough is going to San Diego. If we lose any of the others, then we just decided to stink.
    Have the Chiefs ever swept this division? What makes you think we will sweep the division when we are in a complete rebuilding year and are coming off the worst season in Chiefs history?

I'm not trying to be Debby-Downer, but you may want to have more realistic expectations or this could be a very frustrating season for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Have the Chiefs ever swept this division? What makes you think we will sweep the division when we are in a complete rebuilding year and are coming off the worst season in Chiefs history?

I'm not trying to be Debby-Downer, but you may want to have more realistic expectations or this could be a very frustrating season for you.
    Normally, I wouldn't, but the division just looks horrible. The Broncos are self-destructing, the Raiders are the Raiders, and the Chargers are getting old. I'm not saying we will, I'm just saying we have a shot.

If you read further down in the post, I said I think we should win 4 games out of the division.

7-9 would be a great season. We are in a transition period of epic proportions and anything close to .500 would be a very successful season, in my opinion of course.

7-9 is very, very doable.

I think we go 4-2 in division (losing at SD and at Oakland). I think Oakland and SD also go 4-2 in division, as the Broncos go 0-6.

Add in home wins over the rebuilding Browns and the overrated Cowboys, and a at least one win against either the Jags, Bengals, or Redskins. That's seven right there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast