Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Default JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Can somebody please find a positive spin to put on this? I'm not too happy right now. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I've seen somewhere that he has accepted a sportscaster position with espn I think
    CBS, marino and sharpe were let go and Gonzo was brought in and i think someone else was as well

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The way I look at who we lost no one we lost can't be replaced. The "best player" we lost Albert wasn't even on the field a good part of the year due to injury. We can replace the guys we lost. It's just up to Dorsey and Reid to get the job done. Until they prove otherwise I will believe they know what they are doing
    That's it in a nutshell. The one I thought that was the best talent-wise of the bunch we lost was DMC, but we also had to weigh the cost of keeping him vs. what we already had/what we can pickup in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. The one I thought that was the best talent-wise of the bunch we lost was DMC, but we also had to weigh the cost of keeping him vs. what we already had/what we can pickup in the draft.
    The problem with DMC is that we have others on the team who can return kicks/punts just as well as he does and his limited offensive skills would be rarely used. So he had two strikes against him. He is worth more (to the right team) than the Chiefs can afford to pay him and his skill set made him expendable. I really like Dexter, but losing him won't hurt our offense or our special teams.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Yeah....I think Topeka summed it up well.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    The problem with DMC is that we have others on the team who can return kicks/punts just as well as he does and his limited offensive skills would be rarely used. So he had two strikes against him. He is worth more (to the right team) than the Chiefs can afford to pay him and his skill set made him expendable. I really like Dexter, but losing him won't hurt our offense or our special teams.
    Most definitely. Tennesse really needed a boost, and think that he'll improve that team.

I am not worried, and like who we have signed so far. The sky is not falling, rest easy chicken little. Much to come in time uhmum.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am not worried, and like who we have signed so far. The sky is not falling, rest easy chicken little. Much to come in time uhmum.
    And that Sir is why I posted this thread. Needed some calmer heads to calm down my worries. And I thank you for contributing for that.

i had a hard time with all the losses cause well i get attached to our guys they are family to me and my son, especially dex
    however i see no reaon to push the panic button...i agree with several of the post i believe we will be a stronger team this year when all is said and done
    i wish dex the best and like to read that whisenhunt will use him like he used woodhead in sd...you go dex and show the nfl what you have!

the free agents are getting way over paid this year...its crazy what they are getting...not just the mega signings either...finnegan 2 yrs 11 million really he has been horrible for 2 years and some of the oakland signings you just got to say "really"
    a smith woodley tuck old guys who well will quit before the start of the december schedule

The X factor, Dante Hall, where is he and what has he done after leaving the Chiefs? DMC is the same type of player, I hope he banks his money. They are great at what they do, but not sustainable for need in roster spots. Why spend on flash, when need is more. Need is a WR that will catch a pass needed. The goal is to not need a special teams td.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast