Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Again, I ask the question. If he was not the #1 overall draft pick last year. Would those still optomisitc with the Wait and see approach still have this kind of patience and excuse making for a guy struggling this bad.

They guy was drafted based on his potential as a superior athlete from any other Tackle in this draft. So what does he do on a pitch that he pulled to the left. He lowers his head and whiffs on a corner. Who ends up making the play. If he is a superior athlete from those of Luke Joeckel. Why is he trying to hit a corner in the legs instead of making him a bug on his face mask as he plows through him. I can give him patients for being beat in one on one against one of the best D lineman in the league but that play. Why? What? and HUH????

Again, My choice in favor is Donald Stephenson who isn't looking great at RT, but at least he held his own at LT in previous years.

I am worried about the whole line but I still feel moving Fisher to LT vs RT is a huge mistake.

Its the defensive backs I am worried about. Parker looked totally lost out there. Smith wasn't much better. I get the feeling they are planning on our pass rush to hide our In experience in the secondary. Not a great plan imo with manning and rivers in the division. But it is only pre season so plenty of time to get things improved

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Again, I ask the question. If he was not the #1 overall draft pick last year. Would those still optomisitc with the Wait and see approach still have this kind of patience and excuse making for a guy struggling this bad.
    There isn't a choice for the time being. They have to let him play through it, at least for this year. People did have the patience with Albert in 2009 and 2010 when he was playing like a complete turnstile and struggled much worse than Fisher is doing now, so it's only fair to give Fisher that same chance to see if he can step it up and improve.

They guy was drafted based on his potential as a superior athlete from any other Tackle in this draft. So what does he do on a pitch that he pulled to the left. He lowers his head and whiffs on a corner. Who ends up making the play. If he is a superior athlete from those of Luke Joeckel. Why is he trying to hit a corner in the legs instead of making him a bug on his face mask as he plows through him. I can give him patients for being beat in one on one against one of the best D lineman in the league but that play. Why? What? and HUH????
    There was no excuse for that, as I've seen Fisher roadgrade DB's before plenty of times and there was no excuse for him not doing it on that play. Coaches really need to reprimand him for that failure.

Again, My choice in favor is Donald Stephenson who isn't looking great at RT, but at least he held his own at LT in previous years.

I am worried about the whole line but I still feel moving Fisher to LT vs RT is a huge mistake.
    Too late for that now, barring injury. Training camp is over and it's doubtful they'll make the switch, now

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Its the defensive backs I am worried about. Parker looked totally lost out there. Smith wasn't much better. I get the feeling they are planning on our pass rush to hide our In experience in the secondary. Not a great plan imo with manning and rivers in the division. But it is only pre season so plenty of time to get things improved
    No doubt in my mind that you are right about this. I think that without a round 2 pick in the draft they didn't see themselves as being able to have a major impact on the secondary so they decided to try to improve our already impressive pass rush. With our extra compensatory picks next year I expect they will look to have a major impact on the secondary as well as perhaps try to pick up an additional WR.

Yes, this is a big concern also. However, I watched Malcom Bronson closer and he almost had a nother pick aft DJ dropped it. He could end up being a bright spot for us.

I thought the Gaines kid had a better game.

I don't really recall Marcus Cooper being an issue but I was watching most of the game while eating.

There is some hope there with youth, but yeah Smith, Parker and Abdullah just struggle with those deep routes.

I don't really recall Marcus Cooper being an issue but I was watching most of the game while eating.
    OMG!!!! That would be a 2hrs+ eating session!!!!

speaking of Jon Alt, his son, Mark, has a shot at playing in the NHL this year

THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if teams playing us switch to their best running game, or switch to one or two step drop passing to beat the pass rush. This year we weren't able to make changes in the secondary roster, and didn't make any defensive coaching changes so I'm not sure we'll see much of a difference in the backfield from last year.
    Last edited by Eydugstr; 08-19-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    OMG!!!! That would be a 2hrs+ eating session!!!!
    It was, I was with in laws. A good 30 minutes eating Chips and Queso Dip with a pitcher of Margaritas, then ordering and eating our food and then discussions planning on how to ruin my following weekend.

Just do not want him to be a bust. As it is time to worry about him. All that pressure on him!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast