Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen is gonna get paid!!!

Default Jared Allen is gonna get paid!!!

Chiefs place franchise tag on DE Allen

NFL.com

The Chiefs have placed its franchise tag on defensive end Jared Allen, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The move could keep Allen in Kansas City for one more year, but it will likely be the last one for Allen.
    Defensive endsPlayerTotal
    Julius Peppers
    $12,437,500
    Jason Taylor
    $9,519,625
    Justin Smith
    $8,644,000
    Jevon Kearse
    $7,063,890
    Michael Strahan
    $6,728,285
    Franchise: $8.879 millionTransition: $7.679 million

"If I play under the franchise tag, this will be my last year with the Chiefs," Allen told NFL.com at the Pro Bowl. "I would like to be a part of (the team) but there is a business aspect of this, too."
    Allen was suspended for the first four games of the 2007 and later had it trimmed to only two games. Allen responded by having one of the best seasons of his career. Allen registered a career-high 15.5 sacks in only 14 games and almost single-handedly won a few games for the Chiefs with his defense, to earn his first Pro Bowl invitation -- the first for a Chiefs defensive player in five years.
    The franchise designation will guarantee that Allen is paid $8.88 million next season, the average salary of the five highest-paid defensive ends. Teams can name a player an exclusive franchise tag, committing to a minimum offer of the average of the top five salaries at a player's position, a 20 percent raise from his 2007 salary or the average of the top five salaries at his position -- whichever is highest. That keeps other clubs from talking to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I thought this would happen. Did not want it, I would rather we signed him with out using the tag!

cp at his at his best! :character00270: Dragging us down the S hole! Why can't cp sign a great player to a fair deal with out causing turmoil. You have a great player, he needs a fair contract, at least give a offer, and start the negotiations!

Hopefully this is just BS to get a deal done!
    One big advantage is that no other team will be able to get involved in any talks with Jared. That could play to our advantage if we are going to try and get a long-term deal done with him.

However, it could work against us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Exactly what I was thinkin!! Not ONE fricken offer!!! Not even a low ball offer. Nothin!! If this deal doesn't get done, will you still feel that CP is doing a good or ok job?
    No. But it won't change the way I see his tenure with the Chiefs that much. Not that I would say that has done a great job, but that he hasn't been as bad as most people percieve.

So does the Franchise tag guarantee him the $8.8 million or can he get suspended for the year for DUI and still get paid?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    One big advantage is that no other team will be able to get involved in any talks with Jared. That could play to our advantage if we are going to try and get a long-term deal done with him.

However, it could work against us as well.

No. But it won't change the way I see his tenure with the Chiefs that much. Not that I would say that has done a great job, but that he hasn't been as bad as most people percieve.
    Quit messin with my perception of CP!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Quit messin with my perception of CP!
    Is the devil wearing a parka? No? So hell hasn't froze over? Okay then... CP is still a chump.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I don't know anybody who thinks that!
    31, as he said didn't mind his tenure here and has also said he doesn't think he has done anything warranting his dismissal. ( not word for word 31 but I think this is accurate ) I on the other hand disagree totally!

31, as he said didn't mind his tenure here and has also said he doesn't think he has done anything warranting his dismissal. ( not word for word 31 but I think this is accurate ) I on the other hand disagree totally!
    He coulda been worse. I don't pay too much attention to peoples feelings on Carl since they don't seem to differ too ofter.

My bad
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

He coulda been worse. I don't pay too much attention to peoples feelings on Carl since they don't seem to differ too ofter.

My bad
    I just think that when you have had your job longer than anyone in any sport and your teams success has been steadily dropping for several years, something has to be done. In all other sports, after the coach has been replaced, the GM is next to go. I believe it is that time for the Chiefs.

I just think that when you have had your job longer than anyone in any sport and your teams success has been steadily dropping for several years, something has to be done. In all other sports, after the coach has been replaced, the GM is next to go. I believe it is that time for the Chiefs.
    I agree but I don't hate him as much as some do. He has brought a degree of success. I jsut think we need to get rid of him to go to the next level. He's had his chance
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I agree but I don't hate him as much as some do. He has brought a degree of success. I jsut think we need to get rid of him to go to the next level. He's had his chance
    Agreed.

...and then some...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Yea, that's kinda my opinion. Everything runs it's course. Especially after 20 years! A lot of the big 4 sports are going to young coaches and GM's for the most part. Baseball has quite a few younger guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast