Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

I've never been impressed with Vince Young. Sure, he can run, but his arm is crap. He's not the type of QB that I'd want to depend on to win a game for me.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to Simms... or even Culpepper at this point.
    Only to backup Huard...
    SHUT IT

Apparently, it's not a tough system to learn. He may not know that system, but at least he'll be able to perform. But, if you're trading for a guy (like Quinn) you'd be making a loud statement about the future of Croyle's future.

The replacement will obviously be Thigpen. I just don't think Croyle should be the guy anymore. The O-line has improved, but its not perfect and the QB needs to be able to take a hit. Croyle would be good behind the Pats O-line. We need a guy who's built like a Mac truck... someone like Quinn.
    He'll be able to perform? How do you know this? Is Quinn available? Who do we give up for him? Has he won an NFL game? Huard is a proven QB that got us to the playoffs in 06. I agree - not real mobile. But neither was Green. Sometimes its all about making good reads and decisions and gaining the confidence of your teammates...
    SHUT IT

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

At least Thigpen would be able to buy time to make a play. With Huard, the play has to be executed almost perfectly for it to be successful. Thigpen couldn't possibly turn the ball over as much as Huard. Huard throws picks with the best of them... but it's not always about throwing picks... getting sacked at least once per 3 downs isn't exactly productive.

I'm sick of watching him stand back there waiting to get sacked. He doesn't even throw the damn ball out of bounds. I'm pretty pissed he's even still on this team. Anyone know if Printers is still available? I'm sure he could handle this simple offense.
    Agreed I think that Printers would be an upgrade but I also believe that Testeverde would be an upgrade if he could keep his depends on. Hmm Bedgood think we can talk Montana into coming back for just a couple more weeks. At this point I would almost rather see LJ at QB then Hutard. Maybe to honor Hutard we could have him stand outside the stadium, you would hear people talking how it is the most lifelike statue they have ever seen, well except when he is in the pocket.

Agree we need a qb upgrade, but before we can do that, we will need a GM upgrade to get it done. But for next couple weeks, its gonna be Huard, Thigpen, and whoever we can p/u this week to back them up.
    SHUT IT

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

as much as i hate to say it, Haurd gives us a chance to win maybe 8 games,maybe. Croyle dosen`t.
    Croyle`s bootleg`s are pretty good for throwing 5 yards down field. but we didnt seem to throw down field till huard came in.
    At least Huard isn`t afraid to throw down field.
    This young team cannot take loss after loss with Croyle. They already have 2 strikes against them for being inexprenced and having Hermmie as a head coach.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

It doesn't matter who is throwing, when you have four recievers running 5 yard curls and 5 yard outs all day long! Oh, I forgot, we run against 10 in the box on first and second down and then we throw a 5 yard out on third and 8!!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

did the chiefs even throw on 1st down? can`t remember,but knowning them, probably not.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Throwing 5 yards down field all the time isnt going to cut it! Its the same as running against a run defense! There is really no diffrence! If we are going to do this then we might as well call it a weaker version of the west coast offense. If we cant make the other teams DB's think we might go downfield from time to time, even if we dont hit the WR's then they will rush the line everytime!

Amen! K.C. so simple to defend. All D coor. have to do is say, "Safeties move up, Line Backers on the line watch the run. Don't worry about the pass, if they do pass they only throw 5 yards and most of them are to guys running out of bounds that don't have a chance to make a play!" Stack the line of scrimmage and you beat them!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast