Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

here`s something to think about,,,,trade our 1st or 2nd for Quinn or somebody else. there is no college QB thats a stand out. This team needs a QB bad, and also a young one.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    did the chiefs even throw on 1st down? can`t remember,but knowning them, probably not.

Pretty sure Huards interception was a downfield throw on first down.

Quinn? Brady Quinn? What has he won? What has he done that would make you give up draft picks for. He isn't even a starter on his own team.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post
    Quinn? Brady Quinn? What has he won? What has he done that would make you give up draft picks for. He isn't even a starter on his own team.
    What has Croyle done? NOTHING! he hasnt even thrown a td pass. or better yet he hasnt even won a game.
    Quinn maynot do it either but it was a name and he can`t do any worse.
    this team needs a QB period. without one we will be nowhere. but then again if this is what it takes to get rid of the queen and hermmie, power to it.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I'm not saying Croyle is the answer, but everyone is a Quinn fan and the media just loved him, but I have never been impressed. If I remember his college days, he lost all the big games.

It ain't gonna happen but I would LOVE to see Thigpen get his chance. He's not a bad decision maker PLUS he has a set of legs which is an ideal way of combatting a lack of an offensive line.

I say Huard got his shot, (five shots to get 6 yards, actually) and he couldn't get it done. It's only two weeks anyway.. let Tyler play!

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    It ain't gonna happen but I would LOVE to see Thigpen get his chance. He's not a bad decision maker PLUS he has a set of legs which is an ideal way of combatting a lack of an offensive line.

I say Huard got his shot, (five shots to get 6 yards, actually) and he couldn't get it done. It's only two weeks anyway.. let Tyler play!
    I do believe that Dwayne Bowe's drop in the end zone has nothing to do with Huard's play, that ball went threw his hands and hit him in the face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I do believe that Dwayne Bowe's drop in the end zone has nothing to do with Huard's play, that ball went threw his hands and hit him in the face mask.
    Spot on.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post

Good point, I'd forgotten about that one. Keep in mind, though, he also threw one behind Bowe on 4th down, and one behind a double covered Gonzo before that.

I'm not saying I don't like Huard... but we know what he can do. We're still rebuilding anyway, and who knows? You put Thigpen in and you just might accidentally find the *good* young quarterback we've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    Huard shud start...he can pass da ball more accurate and faster den thigpen..give huard a chance and letz c wut happenz

Damon will start for the upcoming weeks because Herm mentioned that Damon is going to start.What in the hell can Thigpen do under center that Damon can't do?All Damon needs is time in the pocket.Our o-line needs to do a better job of blocking and Damons intention needs to be more focused on the right side of the o-line because B-dub and Albert have completely sealed down the other side while Niswanger is showing flashes of being a very dominate center.How are we not going to go with Damon when he almost won the game for us at the very end in a very clutch situation while facing the defending AFC Super Bowl champs.Damon lives for clutch situations.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast