Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat White?

Default Pat White?

I haven't really thought about drafting him, but I saw it on an article and thought I'd get everyone else's opinion. If the Chiefs end up keeping the Spread type of offense they had at the end of the season they definately might have to get him. But I don't think they will keep the spread. Thoughts?

They will not go for Pat White....Spread or no Spread.

This is another one of those deals when a guy has a great combine day and all of the sudden he arouses curiosity a bit more.

Pass on Pat White, period.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    They will not go for Pat White....Spread or no Spread.

This is another one of those deals when a guy has a great combine day and all of the sudden he arouses curiosity a bit more.

Pass on Pat White, period.
    I didn't even watch the combine. I just remember watching him in a few games during his WV days. He is extremely versatile. That always helps. I can't really say that i'm for or against getting him.

10-4

Not a bad idea honestly. He could be that other WR to go along with Bowe. This could open up some trick plays with him taking wild cat snaps and tosses down field after thiggy throws to him on the side line.

I would rather NOT draft him, but I agree it could work /shrug

He is projected as a 3rd rounder the last time I saw. It will be hard for the Chiefs to ignore their other needs with the talent that will still be on the board at the TOP of the board in the 3rd.

But if he is sitting there at the top of the 4th(doubtful), then I think the Chiefs should definitely take him. He can provide depth for them at QB, WR, RB, and KR. He could be an electric player if used in the right ways. Slot receiver, wildcat QB, backup QB, PR/KR. That kind of versatility could go a long way on a team with this many holes.

The biggest strike against him in my opinion is his size. He is 6'1" 192 lbs. That's the same height and 15 pounds lighter than Jeff Garcia. 14 pounds lighter than Brodie Croyle. If he takes a few big hits at QB(likely in KC), they will be peeling him off of the turf.

A good comparison is Antwan Randel El. He will not be a marqee QB, but could be a playmaker. He has incredible acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    He is projected as a 3rd rounder the last time I saw. It will be hard for the Chiefs to ignore their other needs with the talent that will still be on the board at the TOP of the board in the 3rd.

But if he is sitting there at the top of the 4th(doubtful), then I think the Chiefs should definitely take him. He can provide depth for them at QB, WR, RB, and KR. He could be an electric player if used in the right ways. Slot receiver, wildcat QB, backup QB, PR/KR. That kind of versatility could go a long way on a team with this many holes.

The biggest strike against him in my opinion is his size. He is 6'1" 192 lbs. That's the same height and 15 pounds lighter than Jeff Garcia. 14 pounds lighter than Brodie Croyle. If he takes a few big hits at QB(likely in KC), they will be peeling him off of the turf.

A good comparison is Antwan Randel El. He will not be a marqee QB, but could be a playmaker. He has incredible acceleration.
    I have only ever seen him listed as 6'0. Haha. In actuallity I think he is 5'11. Either way I didn't want him as a QB. I was thinking Slot as well. Maybe a few reverses, and some returns. I'm not sure how long he will last in the league. He is tiny. Big NFL hits will take their toll on a guy his stature. But then again, another Dante Hall anyone?

I think they will keep the spread. Why do you think Galiey is around?

It would be cool if you could set him at the WR position, and then he could double as a QB.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

It would be cool if you could set him at the WR position, and then he could double as a QB.
    They kept him around because you have to have an OC. I have a feeling he won't be doing a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

Gailey's around because he's a great OC and because his players played hard for him last year (unlike, say, Gunther's defense). He was never a spread guy until our OL forced us into it. I see us moving to a more Pats-style offense (lot of WRs, but not quite a spread) next year, and Gailey's perfect for that.

Pat White is the next Seneca Wallace. Good gadget guy, decent backup, but not a starter. A team with a whole lot fewer holes than us should take him and use him as such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast