Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

Default Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

We tagged Dwayne Bowe, looks like Carr will walk. What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    How do you know its management? Maybe its the player/agent. theres two sides to a deal. Who knows how long they have been trying to come up with a deal. I think the fact that they waited until the last minute to tag Bowe shows that they were doing everything they could do reach a deal before using the tag.
    ^^This^^

It made more sense from a business standpoint to tag Bowe instead of Carr, for 2 reasons. 1) The cost for a franchise WR is lower than the cost for a franchise CB and 2) With the signing of Routt, there is less damage to the team if we lose Carr.

I'm not fully convinced that just because we tagged Bowe then Carr is going to walk. With our cap space we have just as much chance as anyone of signing him as a FA. The Chiefs may be just waiting for him to test the market so they can match the best offer. I think it is likely that Car was not going to sign any (reasonable) offer no matter how good it was. His agent probably advised him to wait for FA and see what other teams will be willing to offer before signing a deal.

I agree that is now much less likely that we re-sign Carr, but it isn't out of the question.

This is exactly what I predicted would happen, two weeks ago, HERE:

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think the Chiefs will make every effort to resign Carr, but it's not up to them, it's up to him. Carr knows he will be a hot commodity in free agency and even if the Chiefs make him the highest offer, that doesn't mean he has to take it.

My hope is that he wants to stay in Kansas City, but I can understand why he would want to see how much money he could make on the open market. He will be among the highest paid players in FA this year and NFL careers are short. He has to strike while the iron is hot.

[Edited to add] My guess is that some team will be desperate enough to over pay Carr by a significant amount (which is probably what he is hoping for). I want to keep him, but not at any cost. I would be willing to overpay a little bit as a reward for his past services, though.

The Chiefs have made a very smart move in securing Routt, and I hope they can get Carr on board, too. But don't expect to hear anything soon.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

id only trade bowe to stl and draft rg3 if kc feels rg3 jamall moeaki are strong enough to suppourt a possible growth of baldwin into a elite receiver.... which i doubt. after how baldwin started his career with us i've really been disapointed, he had one really good catch against san diego then i haven't seen much.

Well, Carr is going to leave, and this will give Baldwin a chance to show that he can replace Bowe.

I think that is what management is seeing.

How do you know its management? Maybe its the player/agent. theres two sides to a deal. Who knows how long they have been trying to come up with a deal. I think the fact that they waited until the last minute to tag Bowe shows that they were doing everything they could do reach a deal before using the tag.
    I have to agree with Canada, they did wait till the last minute to tag him. If fact is maybe neither really wants to be here. They may feel they have a better chance at a superbowl run if they can get on with the Pats, Giants, Saints....Saints? Yea I don't see them as being to much of a contender this year

Oh come on Canada don't you no that if management doesn't do what people want everything is all there fault and there just "cheap"
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Oh come on Canada don't you no that if management doesn't do what people want everything is all there fault and there just "cheap"
    Cheap? Why, because they fly Southwest?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is not really fair.

When it becomes a trend, such as the low salary number has, since Pioli arrived, then it absolutely makes management much more of a suspect.

But that is not to say that I have any real problems with player management since Pioli's arrival.

I am fine with being under the cap, as long as I am confident about the players we do have.

I don't think we have to spend for every possible upgrade that makes itself available.

My second thought is that I really want free agency to get here because I want us to have a shot at getting Nicks in free agency!

Bowe has the tag.... the question is now... CARR... i would love to see him stay.. highly doubtful.... march 13 is when we'll see what happens... GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Bowe has the tag.... the question is now... CARR... i would love to see him stay.. highly doubtful.... march 13 is when we'll see what happens... GO CHIEFS
    Because Bowe is tagged does not mean he will remain a Chief.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast