Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Long....

Default Lance Long....

What do you think he is going to do vs. OAK and throughout the rest of the season...?

I'm pretty high on Long. I think I was the first person to mention him here a while back. He's been kind of Haley's project for a couple years and really fits the bill as a poor man's Wes Welker, though he's actually faster. I've come away really impressed in both games he's played, and he's been seeing as many targets as any other receiver. I think Cassel is really comfortable with him because he looks and plays so much like Welker in the slot.

It's interesting that Haley saw so much in him because he didn't really do much in college, but it definitely seems that he's becoming a diamond in the rough. I don't know how he'll do going forward, but I'm pretty optimistic.

I think well have to see how he plays for the rest of this season.

They said 4.39 out of college. So, very fast. Awareness should get better over time, thats his real downfall right now. Looks like a guy who has been practicing running routes and catching forever. He just has to put all together now. The Raiders DB positions start getting pretty thin after the starters so Long should be able to make a big splash tomorrow.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I like him too.. He has pretty good hands, and as has aslways been mentioned, he is a little like Welker.
    Who in my mind is atleast as important to the Patriots as Moss, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    I like him too.. He has pretty good hands, and as has aslways been mentioned, he is a little like Welker.
    Who in my mind is atleast as important to the Patriots as Moss, if not more.
    Thats kind of what i was thinkn

If you take away that rookie mistake where he didn't get out of bounds, I think Long had a very good game.
    I think he was credited with 8 catches and 80-90 some yards, thats pretty damn good.
    He could be that safety valve that Cassel is missing from the TE's.
    I mean Ryan started out strong, but lately he has been dropping key passes...

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

A poor man wes walker?, i hope so.
    He should get open because of bowe and chambers. Just like to see him in the open field and see if he really does have speed.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

He does remind me of Welker, and he's not scared to sacrifice his body making a play on the ball.

But, he's actually a bit bigger than Welker.

Welker is listed as 5'9'' 185 lbs.
    Long is listed as 5'11'' 186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    He does remind me of Welker, and he's not scared to sacrifice his body making a play on the ball.

But, he's actually a bit bigger than Welker.

Welker is listed as 5'9'' 185 lbs.
    Long is listed as 5'11'' 186 lbs.
    A little bigger and faster can't hurt. The 5'11" seems a little generous though. He looks really small out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast