Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can our coaching staff be improved upon next year?

Default Can our coaching staff be improved upon next year?

The following is far-fetched, I know, but bear with me just for spits and giggles:

There are some headcoaches who are on increasingly hot seats. One, Gary Kubiak, has already been burned. Which of said coaches or their coordinators would you predict to be fired and if so you would like them on the Chiefs roster replacing a KC coach you are sour on?

Throw out names and discuss.

OC would be my change but it's not important at all for the Chiefs since Andy is pretty much the OC really. Peterson is just getting some on the job training and we will see how he works out and he's willing to sit back and let Andy do his thing. So I really don't see much change there will be some there always is. But unless someone gets a HC job I don't see any of the main coaches going anywhere
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah, They can replace Brad Childress. He is sucking as the special projects coach.

Yeah, They can replace Brad Childress. He is sucking as the special projects coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think he's one of the eyes in the sky telling Reid what to challenge and what not to challenge as far as I know we've won almost all of our challenges so far?

for god's sake keep the ST coach. he's running a clinic
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I think he's one of the eyes in the sky telling Reid what to challenge and what not to challenge as far as I know we've won almost all of our challenges so far?
    I was being sarcastic. Since his Childress was basically hired just to be on the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Maybe he should be in charge of clock management too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    And that is a GOOD idea. So long as he knows something about it. It's one of the few areas where I think Reid could use some help. One of the many things that has impressed me about Reid is that I was worried that he was going to be a "Pass first, last and always" type of coach and that he would run a very unbalanced offense. And I was wrong. I only remember one game where he really went crazy passing and pretty much abandoned the run. I remember him once saying something to the effect of "sometimes I can go a little overboard with the pass", but he mentioned that he had someone watching upstairs whose job it was to rein him in if he went pass-happy. I'm really pleased that JC has already gone over 1,000 yards rushing and that Reid has used JC pretty well. Reid's confidence in JC as a rusher seems to be increasing every week. And he seems to be using a lot of plays for JC that minimize how much and how hard he gets hit. That will tend to prolong JC's career.

Can Reid do some things better? Sure can. But I can't say that I can think of any coach who would do a better job than Reid with the group of players we have. And the Reid-Dorsey dynamic seems to be a match made in heaven.

I'll say it again.....Thank you Clark Hunt for not letting Andy Reid get away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    right now our biggest problem
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    right now our biggest problem
    If time management is your biggest problem that is pretty good and a lot better than the last few years problems, one that I can live with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast