Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Fisher does have plenty of time to turn it around. For Alex's sake and our sake, I hope he does. But like I said, this isn't what you expect from a #1 overall pick. He's one of the worst LTs in the league as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I was always for Geno. Never waivered. He had his ups and downs last year, but led the Jets to 8 wins as a rookie while throwing to the likes of Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, and whoever else the Jets could trot out. When you get a chance to draft a rookie at the QB position that can lead you to perennial playoff appearances, I firmly believe you do it instead of wasting it on an o-lineman that won't come close to doing the same. If they both bust, they both bust. But only one is capable of carrying a whole franchise like Brees, Brady, Peyton, etc.

I mean just look at this list? Any of these guys turn their franchise around like a QB can? Nope. http://t.co/OEzxpXsjQY
    It's been explained to you 100 million times that LT's aren't drafted to be franchise changers. They are drafted to the cornerstone of that teams O-Line. Would Geno have changed the Chiefs franchise? No, he would not have, any more than Matt Cassel did and with Alex Smith already having been traded for, it would have been stupid to draft Geno. Plus, the Albert situation to boot.

Funny how Seattle drafted their LT first ( Okung ) and then got Russell Wilson ( 3rd round ) afterward & did these moves keep them from going to the SB and winning it?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-23-2014 at 05:01 PM.

I was always for Geno. Never waivered. He had his ups and downs last year, but led the Jets to 8 wins as a rookie while throwing to the likes of Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, and whoever else the Jets could trot out. When you get a chance to draft a rookie at the QB position that can lead you to perennial playoff appearances, I firmly believe you do it instead of wasting it on an o-lineman that won't come close to doing the same.
    DUDE!!..... 31 other teams passed on Geno in the 1st round. Here you are still arguing that we should have used the top pick of the draft on him!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's been explained to you 100 million times that LT's aren't drafted to be franchise changers. They are drafted to the cornerstone of that teams O-Line. Would Geno have changed the Chiefs franchise? No, he would not have, any more than Matt Cassel did and with Alex Smith already having been traded for, it would have been stupid to draft Geno. Plus, the Albert situation to boot.

Funny how Seattle drafted their LT first ( Okung ) and then got Russell Wilson afterward & did these keep them from going to the SB and winning it?
    Funny how the previous 8 before that didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    DUDE!!..... 31 other teams passed on Geno in the 1st round. Here you are still arguing that we should have used the top pick of the draft on him!!!!!
    Terrible analogy. For one, 31 teams didn't need a QB. 23 teams passed on Rodgers. 32 teams passed on Russell Wilson (twice). 32 teams passed on Drew Brees. For as good as they're perceived to be, NFL teams get the QB position wrong a lot.

Pointless to debate this anymore for now. More than willing to revisit one The draft class has some more games under their belt.

I was always for Geno. Never waivered. He had his ups and downs last year, but led the Jets to 8 wins as a rookie while throwing to the likes of Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, and whoever else the Jets could trot out. When you get a chance to draft a rookie at the QB position that can lead you to perennial playoff appearances, I firmly believe you do it instead of wasting it on an o-lineman that won't come close to doing the same. If they both bust, they both bust. But only one is capable of carrying a whole franchise like Brees, Brady, Peyton, etc.

I mean just look at this list? Any of these guys turn their franchise around like a QB can? Nope. http://t.co/OEzxpXsjQY. Meanwhile, pretty much every Super Bowl team does so behind average O-lines. You don't need to spend on these supposedly elite guys when good will do just fine.
    So we were supposed to add Geno Smith to our 2012 roster, and expect the playoff victories to just come rolling in? That was your plan?

Funny how the previous 8 before that didn't.
    And how many QB's like Geno Buttfumble 2.0, also didn't in that same time span?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-23-2014 at 05:09 PM.

And how many QB's like Geno Buttfumble 2.0, also didn't in that same time span?
    How many did? You get a kick out of that nickname don't you? Lol
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 08-23-2014 at 05:11 PM.

How many did?
    Specifically how many QB's that were drafted in the top 40 picks -- which would include Geno -- over the last 10 years? I can only think of Flacco. Weren't Vince Young and Matt Leinhart also drafted in the top 10 in that same time span?

Specifically how many QB's that were drafted in the top 40 picks -- which would include Geno -- over the last 10 years? I can only think of Flacco. Weren't Vince Young and Matt Leinhart also drafted in the top 10 in that same time span?
    Flacco, Big Ben (2x), Rodgers, Eli (2x) in the last 10 years off the top of my head. More than 10 years but Brees and Manning as well. Next question.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast