Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

Default McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:01 AM.

I enjoyed the pick of McMluster so much that I came up with a saying for him. Dexter is going to cause defences a McCluster F**K. I apologize if I offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Looks like an exceptional young man...
    while I try not to make a big deal out of someone who shares my faith (after all this is just football), it's comforting to hear someone talk like that. It certainly doesn't appear as though he'll be drinking and driving, drinking and raping, drinking and shooting himself in the leg, or any of the other host of off-the-field nightmares other teams have dealt with recently.

I think McCluster's size is just fine. Desean Jackson isn't much bigger or taller, and look how good he is.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Boobcrack View Post
    I enjoyed the pick of McMluster so much that I came up with a saying for him. Dexter is going to cause defences a McCluster F**K. I apologize if I offend you.
    With the screen name of boobcrack - I don't think there is any need to apologize...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm only concerned about his size, especially for a slot WR. I can just see him getting annihlated going over the middle.
    I don't doubt his size at all. Welker is very similiar to McCluster in size yet he has been going over the middle his entire career. With Dexter's speed he can get out there and catch the ball so quickly the second level defense will barely have a chance to react to it let alone lay a smacking hit on him.The concern I have is that he may be so fast off the snap that Cassell won't be ready to throw it fast enough making it easier for LB's to read the play.
    Chiefs Nation

This is what I like best about this kid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsGL1lbmHk"]YouTube- Dexter McCluster's Testimony[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    I don't doubt his size at all. Welker is very similiar to McCluster in size yet he has been going over the middle his entire career. With Dexter's speed he can get out there and catch the ball so quickly the second level defense will barely have a chance to react to it let alone lay a smacking hit on him.The concern I have is that he may be so fast off the snap that Cassell won't be ready to throw it fast enough making it easier for LB's to read the play.
    Haha sounds like a good problem to have. Just have him run a 15 yard route instead of 10.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123