Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 CHIEFS vs Rams Preseason

Default Week 3 CHIEFS vs Rams Preseason

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Don't understand that play call there. Running on 3rd and 11 are we even trying to win or just get through this game?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Speechless even if it is preseason

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Don't understand that play call there. Running on 3rd and 11 are we even trying to win or just get through this game?
    Is that the point of preseason games? This is just rehearsal, who gives a rip who wins, this game. This is a make the team for a select few.

This game is strange

A couple of things that stuck out, though. 1. Stanzi had NICE touch on that TD pass. That looked great.

2. Almost every pass our guys caught was over 10 yards.

Still, I know it's pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Is that the point of preseason games? This is just rehearsal, who gives a rip who wins, this game. This is a make the team for a select few.
    Eggsactly!

i know its preseason but still 0-3 is still bad. it just means our backups suck really and that doesnt look good either way cuz every team needs good depth to be a good team. and berry richardson i think had 3 holding calls against him. if our back ups can make plays and move the chains then cassel should be able to as well. not sure though but il give the cassel the benefit of doubt cuz our back up qbs i think had a little more time to throw if i remember right but not sure. i seen our back up qbs stand in the pocket and not panic. i think cassel gets paniced alot. i just hope haley knows what hes doing. but haley desrved that field goal blocked after u pussied up and chose to kick instead of going for it. he just sent a message that he doesnt trust his offense to get 4 yards with the game on the line. even if we didnt get it they would have the ball on almost in their own endzone. if he says well there was still 3 mins left in the game well then u should have went for it and if u didnt get it u still had 3 min left to stop them barried in their own enzone and we would have good field position. either way u look at it. im suprised we didnt tyry to run it atleast one time.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i know its preseason but still 0-3 is still bad. it just means our backups suck really and that doesnt look good either way cuz every team needs good depth to be a good team. and berry richardson i think had 3 holding calls against him. if our back ups can make plays and move the chains then cassel should be able to as well. not sure though but il give the cassel the benefit of doubt cuz our back up qbs i think had a little more time to throw if i remember right but not sure. i seen our back up qbs stand in the pocket and not panic. i think cassel gets paniced alot. i just hope haley knows what hes doing. but haley desrved that field goal blocked after u pussied up and chose to kick instead of going for it. he just sent a message that he doesnt trust his offense to get 4 yards with the game on the line. even if we didnt get it they would have the ball on almost in their own endzone. if he says well there was still 3 mins left in the game well then u should have went for it and if u didnt get it u still had 3 min left to stop them barried in their own enzone and we would have good field position. either way u look at it. im suprised we didnt tyry to run it atleast one time.
    0-3 is not bad in preseason. It means the focus was not to win, but to practice in game settings, see who can still preform, who can make an impression. Preseason is for the Coaches to evaluate the players in a live game, to see who can be, and want to be. We will soon know who we are as a team, this season,
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but when Marty was head coach, was winning preseason games a goal? They are live contact scrimmages, testing players, to earn a roster spot. That is it.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 08-27-2011 at 12:57 AM.

My memory may be bad, but it seems to me that many years when we had an AWFUL preseason we went on to have a great regular season. Like I said, may just be a bad memory, but it's such a strong memory that I actually get worried when we have a good preseason.

As usual the Chiefs offensive play calling in the red zone was offensive. They looked like dominos falling once the defective pass playcalls from the 2.5 yard line didn't work. All downhill from there. Hank Stram wouldn't have allowed that. Guess the real men are gone afterall in K.C. football.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast