Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chan Gailey: Good / Bad / Who cares?

Default Chan Gailey: Good / Bad / Who cares?

So as you obviously have pieced together due to my name I am a Buffalo Bills fan. You may or may not have heard that we hired Chan Gailey as our head coach. Now I know he was really only there for the offseason and a few preseason games but do any of you have any opinions on this guy? I mean, if someone got Dick Jauron (our previous head coach) id tell them to kick him out ASAP because he is nothing but HORRIBLE. I guess im just looking for a heads up on what other teams who have had him for a coach think.

Thanks and GO BILLS AND KC ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan2010 View Post
    Thank you for your truly thought provoking and insightful input :P I feel like im back on the bills forums :P
    Im biased, i live beside buffalo and have had nothing but bad experiences at ralph wilson stadium. the fans there are comparable to the raitards. I could spend days and weeks giving you all kinds of thought provoking insights as to why they suck, bu i really dont want to waste that much time talking about the b_lls
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im biased, i live beside buffalo and have had nothing but bad experiences at ralph wilson stadium. the fans there are comparable to the raitards. I could spend days and weeks giving you all kinds of thought provoking insights as to why they suck, bu i really dont want to waste that much time talking about the b_lls
    Yeah, I agree with you, football fans in general tend to be a bunch of dicks. Then again that is a pretty broad statement and there are always the exceptions to the rule. I also agree that unless we beat the odds that my team sucks lol. Still, I hear enough of it on the Bills own forums....so thanks anyway.

What was KC up to in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    b_LLS SUCk
    I knew that was coming.

Thumbs up I like him

I like Chan, He can put together an offense but can he hold a team together as one unit? that is the question, and I like your chances.

I believe as a head coach he has always made the playoffs.

Welcome to the "Crowd". Chan is decent I guess.

I am not very familiar with Chan, aside from his brief stay here.

I was not impressed with him when we brought him in. But I was impressed with his ability to do something, considering the circumstances here.

But that doesn't really hold alot of water, as it was half a season.

I would have a little bit of confidence in him as an OC, but not really as a HC.

Just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I knew that was coming.

Me two (too), hahahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan2010 View Post
    So as you obviously have pieced together due to my name I am a Buffalo Bills fan. You may or may not have heard that we hired Chan Gailey as our head coach. Now I know he was really only there for the offseason and a few preseason games but do any of you have any opinions on this guy? I mean, if someone got Dick Jauron (our previous head coach) id tell them to kick him out ASAP because he is nothing but HORRIBLE. I guess im just looking for a heads up on what other teams who have had him for a coach think.

Thanks and GO BILLS AND KC ;)
    Well anything's better than Mike Mularky and Dick Jauron lol. Chan Gailey was a pretty good HC in Dallas and in his days @ Georgia Tech. For KC he brought the Wild Cat to them and as someone else said, made Thigpen look good, REALLY good. He is a GREAT QB coach so he should help T. Edwards or whoever else Bills decide to go w/ at QB. If I was Buffalo I'd have kept Perry Fewell at some position on the coach staff tho.

Yeah, I also wish we had kept Bobby April as our special teams coach. Ah wells...if wishes were bridges right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12