View Poll Results: What game will we see our first audible?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Faders

9 45.00%
  • Steelers

0 0%
  • Bolts

1 5.00%
  • Donks

0 0%
  • B!lls

0 0%
  • Browns

1 5.00%
  • Bengles

0 0%
  • Donks

0 0%
  • Won't happen.

9 45.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is not an LJ thread.

Default This is not an LJ thread.

I'm tired of the 3 and outs. Of our remaining games, which one will be the first game that we actually change a play at the line of scrimmage?
    SHUT IT

Honestly, I think the offense is about to get opened up a little more. The scariest of the defenses we face this year are behind us, and with running backs who can play all three downs, we can keep defenses guessing a little more.

Haley will not allow it.

If Cassel did an audible at the LOS, I bet Haley would bench him to "send a message".... Like he sent a message by demoting D Bowe, and sent a message by benching D Johnson, and sent a message by cutting Pollard, and sent a message by making J Charles inactive earlier this year, and Bobby Wade.
    And how we were down by 20+ points in one game and he wouldn't open the play book up... he wanted to send a message that he was going to 'make the run game work'.

I selected against the Faiders, probably won't happen but just hoping it's this weekend.

Resident Celebrity

It is not going to happen this year for sure.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I will swear that I heard Lenny say he was calling an audible last week I know it got my attention when he said it.

I doubt it will happen this year. IMO Haley is trying to manage the game not to lose, instead of to win. It's time to trust his players. sure they will make more mistakes, but at least we have a better chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I will swear that I heard Lenny say he was calling an audible last week I know it got my attention when he said it.
    I didn't catch that. Hopefully it really happened. That would show that Haley could be loosening the noose and letting his players 'play'... 8-)

I would not be shocked to see the Chiefs start useing some audibles. I Think it would be a help to the offense and hope that we start seeing some but i do understand why they are not being used much if any at all so far.

During the game it was pointed out that since Haley changed the offense and let Galey go the chiefs have only had 37 pratices with the new offense. They had 50 under Galey. They are still learning the new offense in some ways. It would be kind of confuseing for some of the younger players in some ways. Now you can say that to let Galey go was a bad choice and I wont arguee to much. I think it was just bad timeing. I think we will see the offense get opened up in the next few games but at this point the Chiefs are still a team that is learning the offense. Haley is just trying to make it easier for them to learn it. I dont see haley being a coach that in time wont allow the QB to change the play if it needs to be changed.

In a video interview on the Chiefs website Matt did make a comment on having Chambers return to the huddle and point out some coverage matchups he had seen.

I thought that was interesting, hard to say if that communication has been lacking so far this year. All of the sudden we had an offense moving the ball though.

I still have faith in Cassel as our qbotf and I think he is a much better player than what he has been able to show so far.

I also believe that our offense has been handicapped in the learning process by Haleys decision to release our OC in our first year of actual rebuilding. Couple that with the sieve of an O-line we have now and you end up at 1 and 7. We should have a decent showing this week and a chance to show what they have learned against the faders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast