Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This has to be an obvious attempt at the Texas Emergency Alert System.

Dude.

I'm serious. If you think J. Long is such a stud OL and can protect against the best pass rushers in the NFL, and he ends up being taken before #5, then you HAVE to want to draft the only guy who has ever recorded a sack against him in Gholston. Think about it. If Long is a stud at LT, what does that say for Gholston? Allen and Gholston off the ends would be hell.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm serious. If you think J. Long is such a stud OL and can protect against the best pass rushers in the NFL, and he ends up being taken before #5, then you HAVE to want to draft the only guy who has ever recorded a sack against him in Gholston. Think about it. If Long is a stud at LT, what does that say for Gholston? Allen and Gholston off the ends would be hell.
    That equals Gholston if he's available.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

That he managed to get just one sack against Long. What makes that such a miracle? I once saw Willie Roaf allow a sack to someone I had never heard of.

What about the other 50 times he didn't get around him?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That he managed to get just one sack against Long. What makes that such a miracle? I once saw Willie Roaf allow a sack to someone I had never heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    What about the other 50 times he didn't get around him?
    If multi-sack games are so common, how come the "best DE in the NFL," Jared Allen only posted 15.5 sacks in 14 games last season? So, either Gholston will be the best DE in the league at 16 sacks a season or J. Long isn't all he's cracked up to be. You can't have it both ways.

Personally, i don't thing Gholston will be the best DE in the league, therefore; J. Long would have his hands full with some of the better DE's in the game...Like Merriman to name one in our own division.

If multi-sack games are so common, how come the "best DE in the NFL," Jared Allen only posted 15.5 sacks in 14 games last season? So, either Gholston will be the best DE in the league at 16 sacks a season or J. Long isn't all he's cracked up to be. You can't have it both ways.

Personally, i don't thing Gholston will be the best DE in the league, therefore; J. Long would have his hands full with some of the better DE's in the game...Like Merriman to name one in our own division.
    I thought he was a LB?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought he was a LB?

He's an OLB like Merriman and DT were OLBs.

He's an OLB like Merriman and DT were OLBs.
    Gotcha!

Your the one who can't have it both ways! You bash him when he gives up only one sack to a guy who is projected by some to be the best pass rusher in the draft. Turn the coin over. Instead of saying that makes Gholston a stud, why not say that Long is the stud for only letting him get 1 sack. 1 holding penalty the whole season? Pretty good. Only allowed 1 sack the whole season? Pretty good. I don't know what kind of pro he will be, nobody does but I don't want to hear how happy you are if he falls to #5 and we take him because apparently, you don't think too highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Your the one who can't have it both ways! You bash him when he gives up only one sack to a guy who is projected by some to be the best pass rusher in the draft. Turn the coin over. Instead of saying that makes Gholston a stud, why not say that Long is the stud for only letting him get 1 sack. 1 holding penalty the whole season? Pretty good. Only allowed 1 sack the whole season? Pretty good. I don't know what kind of pro he will be, nobody does but I don't want to hear how happy you are if he falls to #5 and we take him because apparently, you don't think too highly of him.
    Go back and read the thread. I just said i DON'T think Gholston will be the best DE in the league. I think he'll be good and a great compliment to Allen if we decide to draft him. But what i'm saying is that Gholston IS NOT the greatest DE. Long will be seeing much better DEs in the league and will probably be allowing sacks to NFL quality pass rushers....like Gholston.

I don't know much about Michigan football. How many NFL quality pass rushers did he face during the season? If we can look at how he did against those players, then we can get a glimpse at how he will fare against NFL DE's.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast