Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Thanks for starting another thread containing nothing but what has been said in 2/3 of the other recent threads.

Oh, and welcome to the crowd.

Thanks Aussie!

All I know is that I've been less frustrated with Cassel than I have with the other 10 starters on offense. Granted that's not saying a whole lot.

Real warm welcoming Chief Tyler, don't be nice or anything.

Cassel has not played amazing but he has played well. He needs a better offense around him then he will do just what the chiefs signed him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Real warm welcoming Chief Tyler, don't be nice or anything.

No kidding...
    About a nine on the tension scale Tyler

He has been the ONLY guy really putting out game after game for the Chiefs on offense. I guess one could say Jamal Charles is also doing his best.

The others may very well be doing the best they can, but their best would not be enough to start on a college team.

I know Cassel is struggling, but I am very impressed with the man's toughness, I have every bit of respect for him and what he is going through and I hope he makes it through the season. I also hope he makes it through the season without becoming so gunshy to be able to play the position again.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Here is the problem.

YOU CANT...CANT compare Matt Cassel of the Chiefs, to Matt Cassel of the NE Patriots.

Matt Cassel in NE:
    - Experienced Coach.
    - Pro Bowl Wideouts.
    - Pro Bowl Line
    - An OC
    - A pretty dam good defense.
    - A superbowl team
    Matt Cassel KC:
    - First year head coach
    - No OC
    - Worst OL in the league
    - A toilet bowl team (It hurt to say that)
    - Wideouts who can't run routes or catch passes.

You simply can't compare the Matt Cassel of now as the Matt Cassel of last year. So quit trying to do it.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    He has been the ONLY guy really putting out game after game for the Chiefs on offense. I guess one could say Jamal Charles is also doing his best.

The others may very well be doing the best they can, but their best would not be enough to start on a college team.

I know Cassel is struggling, but I am very impressed with the man's toughness, I have every bit of respect for him and what he is going through and I hope he makes it through the season. I also hope he makes it through the season without becoming so gunshy to be able to play the position again.
    Cassel surprises me each and every time he pops right up after takeing a big hit. He has defently proven that he can take a hit. I look forward to seeing what he can do when he actualy has an o line in front of him.

I understand that he is trying hard and he should be. With the money they have put into this guy, he is going to be around a while so I hope he can do a good job. With that being said, we better go out get some good offensive lineman or he won't have a chance to be any good. If he is going to be any good then he needs time to pass because he is to slow to run.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast