Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I think part of our problems are the Municipal Stadium jinx the longest game was the last game played at the stadium and our playoff record has suffered ever since. If we could have won that game our playoff record would be better. You do not want to leave a field to go to a new one on a losing note.
    It's worth noting that during the AFL days in the 60's, the Chiefs never played a post-season game at home. Not once.

I wish that stinking '71 Dec. 25th playoff game against Miami had never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's worth noting that during the AFL days in the 60's, the Chiefs never played a post-season game at home. Not once.

I wish that stinking '71 Dec. 25th playoff game against Miami had never happened.
    So the only playoff game at the Stadium, which was the Christmas day with Miami game and the last game played there, they lost. I did not realize that no wonder the jinx is around, we need to figure out a way to break the jinx.
    We did win the first two playoff games at Arrowhead the first was in 91 and again in 94 and have lost the 4 since then, so there have only been 6 playoff games in Arrowhead in 35 years and only 2 wins at home in 50 years in KC with 5 loses, unbelievable.

So the only playoff game at the Stadium, which was the Christmas day with Miami game and the last game played there, they lost. I did not realize that no wonder the jinx is around, we need to figure out a way to break the jinx.
    We did win the first two playoff games at Arrowhead the first was in 91 and again in 94 and have lost the 4 since then, so there have only been 6 playoff games in Arrowhead in 35 years and only 2 wins at home in 50 years in KC with 5 loses, unbelievable.
    One other note of interest. The Chiefs went unbeaten at home in '71, '95, '97, and 2003 during the regular season & hosted their opening playoff game at home all 4 times and lost all 4 times.

In 1969, they were 6-1 at home, losing only to the Raiders 27-24. They beat the Raiders at Oakland 17-7 in the final AFL Championship game and went on to win the Super Bowl. In 1993, they went 7-1 at home and won 2 play off games. Same thing in '62, '66, and '91 -- they didn't win all their home regular season games, but managed to win in the post-season. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    Who for Defensive Coordinator...
    Oooo,oooo, oooo!! I know, I know...Bob Sutton!!

I think part of our problems are the Municipal Stadium jinx the longest game was the last game played at the stadium and our playoff record has suffered ever since. If we could have won that game our playoff record would be better. You do not want to leave a field to go to a new one on a losing note.
    A very good point! Like any "old-time" Chiefs fan I hate the Raiders with an undying passion....but in the end I will never feel right until we beat those damned fish from Miami for an AFC Championship or they get sold, move to another city and get a new name.

We gotta make that Christmas day game right before we will ever win another SuperBowl.

Revenge is a meal best eaten cold.....but it is getting to be a LOOOOOOOONG time now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    A very good point! Like any "old-time" Chiefs fan I hate the Raiders with an undying passion....but in the end I will never feel right until we beat those damned fish from Miami for an AFC Championship or they get sold, move to another city and get a new name.

We gotta make that Christmas day game right before we will ever win another SuperBowl.

Revenge is a meal best eaten cold.....but it is getting to be a LOOOOOOOONG time now.
    Oh I agree I HATE the Raiders my two favorite teams are the Chiefs and whoever is playing the Raiders. Now that Manning went to Denver and would not even lower himself to talk to us they are bringing up a close second I hated old horse face and more so now that he got Manning, the only saving grace is just how many years can Manning left have he is 36 and then hopefully the Broncos will go to the bottom of the west with Raiders?

I sure hope the Chiefs win another SB before I die I am over the hill and on Social Security so hopefully Reid does it for me, I can not hang on for too many more back to the starting line for the Chiefs with new GM and/or HC. At least I am old enough to have see them win one SB that more than most of the people still working in here younger than 50 at least.

Oh I agree I HATE the Raiders my two favorite teams are the Chiefs and whoever is playing the Raiders. Now that Manning went to Denver and would not even lower himself to talk to us they are bringing up a close second I hated old horse face and more so now that he got Manning, the only saving grace is just how many years can Manning left have he is 36 and then hopefully the Broncos will go to the bottom of the west with Raiders?

I sure hope the Chiefs win another SB before I die I am over the hill and on Social Security so hopefully Reid does it for me, I can not hang on for too many more back to the starting line for the Chiefs with new GM and/or HC. At least I am old enough to have see them win one SB that more than most of the people still working in here younger than 50 at least.

Atleast the games will be exciting witih Reid, no more of this run run run run run run PA pass crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Atleast the games will be exciting witih Reid, no more of this run run run run run run PA pass crap.
    No more draws on 3rd and 9.

I also was lucky enough to watch the Chiefs play the year they won the SB in 1969. I'll never forget the last AFL Championship game played on Jan. 4, 1970 at Oakland. The Chiefs front 4 put Raiders QB ( and league MVP ) Daryle Lamonica under the hardest rush he had seen all year. Here is Jerry Mays getting in his face in the pic below.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I also was lucky enough to watch the Chiefs play the year they won the SB in 1969. I'll never forget the last AFL Championship game played on Jan. 4, 1970 at Oakland. The Chiefs front 4 put Raiders QB ( and league MVP ) Daryle Lamonica under the hardest rush he had seen all year. Here is Jerry Mays getting in his face in the pic below.

That was hardcore roughneck football right there!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast