Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

Default Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Ok guys, there's only one thread were politics are discussed and this isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First off I'm going to really try hard not to let my hate of this creature you have shown get in the way of my post It will take some work but I'll try

Moving on

In some ways I agree with you 100% If Succop makes that kick I doubt anyone really notices it. Or it's even mentioned. I don't think it had anything to do with succop missing. I myself wasn't in an uproar about that call. Then one in OT however still happened. The Chiefs DID make the play to win the game and it was taken from them. You could say that if Succop had made the kick that never would have happened and sure you would be right. But one teams mistakes don't get the refs a hall pass. The Chiefs did win this game. The Refs took it off the board. It happened. At least it wasn't a playoff game.
    ^^ Good points. If a player screws up and gets a penalty, you hear about the fine during the following week. Ref screws up, costs someone the game, it's shrugged off as a careless "Sorry about that." You never hear about anythng happening to the ref. No accountability or responsibility, and can favor any team they like.

Not sure what the best solution is, but think a fine is a good first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    All of the defense on that kick were lined up to Succup's left he kicked it right to try to avoid the block it directly affected the kick. That rule is in place for a reason. What would have happened if the chiefs put that many lineman over there to cover those 7? You think for one second we wouldn't have been hit with a penalty? Total BS just happy our season was unaffected by it
    Justin,

I was never a pro kicker but I was a kicker and I can tell you the last thing succop is watching is the pressure from the left in a clutch situations like that making him kick it right to avoid a block. It may have made him lose focus pushing the ball. but the margin of error with movement of the ball, elements etc should not give him the luxuary try to avoid a block and place it down the right side. He should have been focusing on footplacement, squaring up his shoulders and kicking it through. The Chiefs put the ball on the right hash giving Succop some margin of error should he hook it, but instead he pushed it. If he was truly intentionally trying to avoid the block and tried to place the kick within a yard of the right upright he needs to stop as he is missing way to many kicks this year.

All in all that look of dejection on Phylis Rivers' face when the kick was about to take place was priceless. Win or lose (win in my book) I was hoping to see that and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You seem to be missing the point, Doobs, and there are several:

1) It was most likely the illegal formation that caused Succup to miss the FG in the first place. How many others has he missed from 41 yds or less?

2) Of course we wouldn't care about the call if he had made the kick because we would have declined the penalty and won the game, but because the kick was missed (because the formation was illegal) a penalty should have been called that would have set up another try from 36 yds. How many FGs has Succup missed from that distance?

3) The timing and nature of the call directly changed the outcome of the game letting a team into the playoffs that didn't earn the right to be there and keeping out a team that (thanks to league parity/mediocrity) did.

4) This wasn't a judgment call. It wasn't a "did the ball touch the ground," "did he have both feet inbounds," or "where was the ball when his knee touched the ground" type of call. (All of those are review-able, by the way; why isn't this?) On every play an official counts the number of players on the line of scrimmage and the number of players each team has on the field. This was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... blow the whistle and throw the flag."

5) The Chargers broke the rules. Calling a penalty was the right thing to do.

I know the concept of moral absolutes and black and white, right or wrong is outdated. (C'mon, it's just a game, right?) But contrary to what today's young people, especially the "legalize pot" subculture, would have you believe, rules are not made to be broken. They are made to be followed. (or changed if you disagree with them). That is why, in football and in real life, breaking the rules result in a penalty, a fine, or a sentence. This allows everyone to compete on a level playing field and reap the rewards of their hard work. The Chiefs worked hard to put themselves in a position to win the game and they had a right according to the rules​ to rekick that field goal. the chance to earn that win outright was denied them because the rule wasn't enforced. If rules are not enforced consistently and uniformly then it becomes difficult for teams to follow them because they don't know what is allowed and what isn't. It also undermines the integrity of the game because, rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that officials are intentionally enforcing or not enforcing the rules at their discretion in order to give one team an unfair competitive advantage over another. This in turn undermines the credibility of the game.

Then again, look how popular professional wrestling is. Maybe you don't care about the credibility of the game ...
    EXACTLY RIGHT Roy! This call should have been a no-brainer. That zebra stared at that formation for at least 12 seconds. Longer than it's taken me to type this. And he still blew it. For the sake of argument, I'll leave out conspiracy theories....but even doing that leaves only one possible conclusion.....The zebra on the right hand side of the picture had NO CLUE about the new rule. That is rank incompetence. He should be fired.

All that changes is succup gets another shot from shorter distance, does he make it, who knows. It doesn't change much for the chiefs, they make it, back up players got a win and knock SD out and let Todd haley in.

The refs have been pretty bad all year, sunday night game they let 15 seconds just disappear on the play clock and gave the Boys a delay of game.
    Last edited by doobs_05; 12-31-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    All of the defense on that kick were lined up to Succup's left he kicked it right to try to avoid the block it directly affected the kick. That rule is in place for a reason. What would have happened if the chiefs put that many lineman over there to cover those 7? You think for one second we wouldn't have been hit with a penalty? Total BS just happy our season was unaffected by it
    I agree. This is a team sport, which includes the coaching staffs of every team. The Chargers were obviously coached poorly to even line up in this formation, especially on a game deciding kick... Their poor coaching would have costs them the game, not a NFL rule technicality...

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    EXACTLY RIGHT Roy! This call should have been a no-brainer. That zebra stared at that formation for at least 12 seconds. Longer than it's taken me to type this. And he still blew it. For the sake of argument, I'll leave out conspiracy theories....but even doing that leaves only one possible conclusion.....The zebra on the right hand side of the picture had NO CLUE about the new rule. That is rank incompetence. He should be fired.
    It was obvious. I posted on the game thread shortly after the kick because the formation was so obvious... You had 2 on one side and 7 on the other and it should have made the official at least pause and think he should count...

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The refs have been pretty bad all year, sunday night game they let 15 seconds just disappear on the play clock and gave the Boys a delay of game.
    I agree. This has been a disturbing trend in the NFL.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910