Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Montana Zone

Default the Montana Zone

in 1992 the Chiefs battled through many injuries to the last game of the season against the Broncos winner goes to the playoffs, the Chiefs destroyed the Donks and then lost to the Chargers in the first round. The following season they knew they had to improve there offense bring in Marcus Allen and trading for Joe Montana, who took them deep in the playoffs both his two seasons with the Chiefs. Montana was told he was done before he even came to the chiefs. Chief fans 1992 is surprisingly similar to the 2011 Chiefs. We were within a overtime loss to the Faiders from a playoff game. So now we enter....the Montana Zone.... This next season looks like it could be special. Our D looks to be on track and could be something special with Eric Berry coming back from injury, i'm not sure what will do with Brandon Carr we seem vary interested in bringing in Blountt. So I believe our focus this offseason and draft to be on our offense. I feel the Chiefs will sign Bowe atleast with the franchise tag, then theyll work out a long term deal with him, which makes us deep at our reciever core. Having Tony Moeaki back will be amazing as well as Jamall Charles. Our focus will be on our offensive line. But I believe we will have a big WOW move this offseason. We said we want QB competition and have no shot at Luck or RG3. Soo as i've been saying we will bring in Peyton Manning. But Jacko it was just announced he had a 4th surgery in May 2011, hes gonna demand to much money, and theres other teams who are foaming at the mouth for him. The Jets are to much of a soap opera for Manning. The Dolphins are to a$$ backwards with Dan Marino. Are the Cardinals really ready to drop Kolb after one injury filled season? And I don't see the Pete Caroll and Manning getting along. I believe we are the dark horse. Yes hes gotta prove he is healing and improving, hes already said hell take a salary based on playing time. I think we are really talented team that will be out to prove people wrong this year and Manning at even 80% will push us over the top. Plus letting Rick Stanzi sit behind Manning for a couple seasons picking his brain would be awsome. Anyways that was my visit....into the.... Montana Zone.

The Dolphins are a$$ backwards ever since Dan Marino retired. My bad lol

No thanks. Save us the money. I'd rather not witness a human die from our team as a result of him being dumb. Why have him and his agent never mentioned the 3rd surgery always just going along with the 3 surgery total. Seems like they're worried.

im not saying there arent serious risks i was doing some research and just find it really ironic how similar 92 and 11 were. Its not a secret id love this idea but i understand all fans have reasons for what our favorite team should do and I respect it thats what makes our fan base the best in the world!

If Peyton is healthy, this single move would turn us into a superbowl contender. If he's not healthy, we will have just wasted $20+ million. So in short, it's a huge gamble. Cassel finished the year on the IR, Orton likely won't be back, and hopefully Palko will be washing cars. So there is a small chance they make a move like this.

With each passing day and word, it looks more and more likely that Irsay and the Colts will release Manning. Oeyton still wants to play. So we have as good of a shot as anyone. Especially when you consider we have $63 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If Peyton is healthy, this single move would turn us into a superbowl contender. If he's not healthy, we will have just wasted $20+ million. So in short, it's a huge gamble. Cassel finished the year on the IR, Orton likely won't be back, and hopefully Palko will be washing cars. So there is a small chance they make a move like this.

With each passing day and word, it looks more and more likely that Irsay and the Colts will release Manning. Oeyton still wants to play. So we have as good of a shot as anyone. Especially when you consider we have $63 million in cap space.
    At first I said no way, no how on Oeyton (must be the Nordic spelling). But after hearing that he might be released outright with no contract to pick up and that Peyton would be ok with an incentive based contract I'm warming up to the idea. The only thing that gives me pause are the differing reports. He's throwing at 40% velocity, no wait it's 80%. I read somewhere that he wasn't throwing anything over 20-25 yards which concerned me at first but then I realized we throw deep about once every 3 or 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    At first I said no way, no how on Oeyton (must be the Nordic spelling). But after hearing that he might be released outright with no contract to pick up and that Peyton would be ok with Low cost and incentive based contract I'm warming up to the idea. The only thing that gives me pause are the differing reports. He's throwing at 40% velocity, no wait it's 80%. I read somewhere that he wasn't throwing anything over 20-25 yards which concerned me at first but then I realized we throw deep about once every 3 or 4 games.

I am not for it but if the cost was low and he passed like the old Manning, it could be worth a shot. But honestly, he should get into broadcasting.....

With Eli having just earned his second ring, I would be astonished to see Peyton give up.

Will it happen? Likely not. But if it were to happen, yes, who wouldn't be on board hoping he doesn't do anything to seriously mess up his health any further of course.

The love of the game is an incredible thing. I have said my part against him numerous times... still would clear up a huge part of our problems. Fan belief and respect around the league for once.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Will it happen? Likely not. But if it were to happen, yes, who wouldn't be on board hoping he doesn't do anything to seriously mess up his health any further of course.

The love of the game is an incredible thing. I have said my part against him numerous times... still would clear up a huge part of our problems. Fan belief and respect around the league for once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast