Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Larry Johnson Returns

Default Larry Johnson Returns

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfCc2qEzgY"]YouTube - The Return[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Honda , none of us condone what he did off the field , how could we but, look at it this way,
    1.The league punished him by revolking his contract status making it impossible to get is money guarenteed. He must work for it now.
    2.The KC Chiefs have given him a clean slate to start over with via the leagues decision.
    3. So far LJ is showing he is willing to begin with his new slate to prove he is worthy of the new beginning he has been granted.(So Far)
    I some how doubt you will give a rats a$$ that these events occured but if you do anything at all , please consider this. Don't turn a 360 and jump back on the band wagon 100% but just meet him half way like the rest of us and give him the 50% on the field, let him prove to all of us that he has changed off the field, then maybe in time he can regain our respect down the road off the field making him 100% back into our hearts as our teams hero. Just 50% is all I am asking, that is what I am willing to give so please join me in this and we will see what happens.
    His off-field issues are not my major concern. I don't like it. But the reason I don't want LJ here is because, regardless of the subtraction of the guaranteed portion of his contract, he will cost more than he is worth.

I dislike the odds of getting our money's worth out of him.

If the O-line is drastically improved over last season, and we don't go to a Pat's, or Cards style offense, then we have a shot at getting it through rushing alone.

If he has some major change of personality, and actually commits to doing his job in full, and finds that he is good at it, and we don't go with an 'air it out' offense, then we have a shot of getting our money's worth.

But all signs seem to point toward some version of a spread offense, which really doesn't get great usage from a HB.

Also, LJ has shown himself as a selfish player for several seasons, and I just don't trust his motives right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I doubt Hunt had anything to do with what LJ was doing, more like just Herm was bein a dick and not allowing LJ to get play time because they didn't get along.
    I believe that it was more a case of, if you are not getting anywhere by running the ball, then try something else.

Three and out, three and out, three and out.... Try something else.

I think his sub-par performances were primarily due to underskilled o-linemen, and Herm's horrible offensive philosophy.

I think turning over the offense to Gailey is what salvaged LJ's 2008 stats.

I don't dislike him as a player.

I simply think he became overrated with one season of playing in the Vermiel offense with Roaf, Shields, T-rich, Waters and co.

The following season, he managed alot of yards, because he had a record number of carries.

That is an impressive display of toughness. But he was really only getting ordinary averages.

And that's the type of runner that I think he is. Ordinary, without ideal circumstances.

Couple that with an unwillingness to do whatever it takes, and I just don't think he is worth what we will pay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I think his sub-par performances were primarily due to underskilled o-linemen, and Herm's horrible offensive philosophy. ------>

The playoff game with the Colts is a prime example of this. LJ was suppose to run all over them. But predictability was the running games downfall.

I think turning over the offense to Gailey is what salvaged LJ's 2008 stats. ------->

LJ was producing stats well before Gailey was even in the picture.

I simply think he became overrated with one season of playing in the Vermiel offense with Roaf, Shields, T-rich, Waters and co. ------->

Well then I guess Priest Holmes was over rated too.
    The fact of the matter is, they all depend on each other. The QB and HB are only as good as the O-line. After you develop a competant O-line, you still need a good runner ( and QB).

The following season, he managed alot of yards, because he had a record number of carries.------>

A lot of yards nonetheless.

But its not just yards that count here man.

Think about the clock management aspect of it too. Someone who can carry it like that and get 4.3 yds/carry. That is that much more time that the opponents offense doesnt get the ball.
    If LJ can get back to form. then he is worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    If LJ can get back to form. then he is worth the money.
    EXACTLY!!!!

Post whore.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Post whore.

Tuaght him well, I have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123