Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Takeaways

Default Week 7 Takeaways

The passing game was effective. The interception from Cassel on a drive we were rolling on concerns me. But it is one pass and hopefully is an aberration. The defense was STOUT! Flowers and Carr were all over the receivers. Get Berry back this season and we could defend ANY offense. Breaston and Bowe brought it. The D line was impressive the first 3 quarters. I hope they weren't gassed in the 4th, but they got very little penetration. Battle is the real deal-we need to get back to running hard. Great win and it feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    The passing game was effective. The interception from Cassel on a drive we were rolling on concerns me. But it is one pass and hopefully is an aberration. The defense was STOUT! Flowers and Carr were all over the receivers. Get Berry back this season and we could defend ANY offense. Breaston and Bowe brought it. The D line was impressive the first 3 quarters. I hope they weren't gassed in the 4th, but they got very little penetration. Battle is the real deal-we need to get back to running hard. Great win and it feels good.
    I have to say, Cassel was just plain terrible today.

The o-line was exceeding expectations, and Cassel was just not doing much right.

However, when one aspect of your team struggles, it is great to find that another can pick up the slack and dominate the way our defense did today.

I will also concede that The Raiders were not a team with everything together. But The Chiefs defense played extremely well, and The Chiefs have a chance to be in first place next week.

We have come a long way from the first two games. Now we just have to prove that we are capable of standing up to the "better" teams, and keep rolling.

Well I thought Cassel played fine today. So we watched it through different perspectives. I think he's starting to develop a good chemestry with the team around him, and will do just fine. Don't forget we have yet another guy calling plays, so it's different every year for these guys.

I didn't see the third quarter (I had to be somewhere) so I didn't see the interception, but I didn't have the feeling that Cassel's performance in the first half, while not stellar, was completely horrible.

He hooked up with Bowe and Breaston several times when we needed it. It was definitely not what I would call a bad game for him. But he actually had the one interception when he had literally zero pressure and just launched the ball to the wrong spot. I love that they gave him license to start taking shots down the field, though. And I think if the game were closer he would have been able to do a lot more.

Here's a supplemental question to the OP: what takeaways from this game will affect us against the Dolts next week? There was rythm between Cassel and the B's. Cassel made several accurate and quick throws to the B's. The defense was still on the field too long, but they seemed to get tougher as the game wore on. The goal line stand was the stuff of legends. Do we have another (emerging) Derrick to dominate the line?

I'll admit....the interception Cassel threw in the 3rd quarter was disappointing. There was no pressure.

That kind of mistake can cost a championship.

But if he's going to make a mistake like that, when you are up big is the time to do it.

As I see it, our Chiefs are still getting their act together.

But we have gone from 0-3 to 3-3 and next week we play the Dolts at home for a share of 1st place in the AFC West!

We weren't perfect yesterday, but we were good enough and then some.

Here's to being even better next week!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'll admit....the interception Cassel threw in the 3rd quarter was disappointing. There was no pressure.

That kind of mistake can cost a championship.

But if he's going to make a mistake like that, when you are up big is the time to do it.

As I see it, our Chiefs are still getting their act together.

But we have gone from 0-3 to 3-3 and next week we play the Dolts at home for a share of 1st place in the AFC West!

We weren't perfect yesterday, but we were good enough and then some.

Here's to being even better next week!!!!
    McClain saying he can see us at 5-3 mid-season isn't sounding as crazy as when he said it. Yipee-kay-ay mother****er!

I have to say after looking at the scores and seeing some other games I've got hope now. The Jets looked very beatable. Steelers...depends on which team shows up but they only beat a horrible Cardinals team by 12! The Patriots have shown they are beatable. Bears are on a streak...hopefully and the Packers, well they're the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to say, Cassel was just plain terrible today.

The o-line was exceeding expectations, and Cassel was just not doing much right.

However, when one aspect of your team struggles, it is great to find that another can pick up the slack and dominate the way our defense did today.

I will also concede that The Raiders were not a team with everything together. But The Chiefs defense played extremely well, and The Chiefs have a chance to be in first place next week.

We have come a long way from the first two games. Now we just have to prove that we are capable of standing up to the "better" teams, and keep rolling.
    Really I thought Cassel did fine he had 2 interceptions one was kind of BS at the end of the 1st half and he was probably just told hit try and get a TD before the half ended. He had another interception which was his fault for trying to hit mccluster who was double covered by guys that are like 5-6 inches taller then him. Other then that i'd say he played well.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Really I thought Cassel did fine he had 2 interceptions one was kind of BS at the end of the 1st half and he was probably just told hit try and get a TD before the half ended. He had another interception which was his fault for trying to hit mccluster who was double covered by guys that are like 5-6 inches taller then him. Other then that i'd say he played well.
    Well, perhaps I should have clarified by mentioning that I missed the entire first half.

But what I saw of him in the second half was a QB rushing his throws, and making some really bad decisions in the second half.

He seemed to be reading the blitzes well, but was unable to trust the blocking, and was rushing himself, unnecessarily.

I may have been assuming too much from the first half numbers. But completing 50% of his passes, with 0 TDs and 2 INTs looks pretty bad.

Hopefully I will find some time to re-watch the entire game in the next couple of days. But, until then, what I saw of him was aweful.

Although, I am not the guy who's going to be praying for my team to lose to replace him for a single poor game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast