Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sick of excuses

Default sick of excuses

i am sick of the positive threads. we just lost to the raiders at arrowhead nothing positive about that at all.we are 0-2 nothing posiitive about that at all. we are a higher class franchise than that. all i have heard the last three years is yeah we lost but here is the positive, there is no positve this losing crap is unacceptable. and this being ok with having a losing record year in and year is bullsh#t we are the chiefs not some mediocre franchise i know not all is to blame but after a lost like this to see anybody post a thread about anything positive is a losing mantality unaacceptable [if you can not tell this lost pisses me off]

i was at the game and i swear al davis paid the refs off. The raiders should have never even been in this game...let along a
    BS personal foul call that vrabel was pissed about...[edit] that would have been the game...it was a long 4 hour drive back to hays kansas...but i had fun..but we should have won..think of it this ways the defense improved..but the offense needs to improve..i myself thought we on after the bowe td because the raiders could not move th ball...the refs helped them with a bs call.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-21-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Violated language rule

ToGo did want traded to a team with a shot at the Super Bowl-he even said it when the Falcons trotted him out. I love the guy and can't blame him. I fear that LJ will be the next one demanding out. HEY MODS mark this post to return next April when the "shocking Larry Johnson trade" is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    After watching the game today (and then watching parts of it again) I grow a bit concerned about Cassel. On one hand, yes, I think he's a decent QB. But he was the most sacked QB in the NFL last year, and at least part of the reason why was exposed today. He can't make a decision in the pocket, he takes too long to go through his reads and usually just ends up dumping it off to his release valve. He ends up holding the ball too long.

Anyone else notice this?
    Yes, I mentioned this a few times in the game thread. He seems more worried about the possibility of getting sacked more than getting the ball out on time. Many times he was running from "ghost" pressure. But then there were several other times he was immediately going to his checkdown in the flat. (you know, the same one that cost us three before the half).
    I still see some people on here talking like the oline didn't play well and that is just silly. For the vast majority of the game he had plenty of time to throw.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

good things and bad things came from this game. The old say ing excuses are like a$$holes,everybody has them. We have 53 of them. But what do except, we are rebuilding,,,,the last 3 years.
    Till Clarkie opens up his pocketbook and brings in some talent this team will have trouble.We dont have enough talent.
    That being said, i`ll will watch them till the end. GO CHIEFS.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i am sick of the positive threads. we just lost to the raiders at arrowhead nothing positive about that at all.we are 0-2 nothing posiitive about that at all. we are a higher class franchise than that. all i have heard the last three years is yeah we lost but here is the positive, there is no positve this losing crap is unacceptable. and this being ok with having a losing record year in and year is bullsh#t we are the chiefs not some mediocre franchise i know not all is to blame but after a lost like this to see anybody post a thread about anything positive is a losing mantality unaacceptable [if you can not tell this lost pisses me off]
    Reality doesn't go over too well here to say the least! I agree with you though. Its always "wait till next year" or "the positive side of things are". I believe by the looks of the stands on TV, a lot of people agree with you too!!

Yeah, I'm over it. I get that this is a process, but losing to the Raiders at home is inexcusable, ever. I walked away from week 1 feeling like the Chiefs were a better football team. But after yesterday, all I can say is that we still suck as much as ever.

Hailey is mostly to blame for yesterday's loss. Being overaggressive against a team that you can beat without having to do so is a recipe for disaster, and that was a disaster. Where was that in week 1, where it could have been the difference in a win or a loss.

The biggest problem with the Chiefs is they have no identity. Ravens-defense, Cards-offense, Steelers-D, etc. We are rebuilding both sides of the ball at once, and have been doing so since Vermeil and Trent green were here and hanging 35 every game. Carl killed us, and it will take a couple years to BUILD a true team.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    What did you really expect. They took a 2-14 team and gutted it. We let go of 33 people from last years roster are are playing with people off the street. IN my opinion that had to be done. You can't completely build a new team in one year. It just isn't possible.

If you watched the Oakland San Diego game last week, you would have been really pleased that we literally kicked the raiders behinds, The raiders destroyed San Diego on the ground.

We should have won yesterday. There was tons and tons of opportunities but the players failed to capitalize. That is because of the lack of talent.

If you want to be negative. Look at the raiders. They are three years in their rebuild. We are two games. We basically kicked their behind all game, except for the very last defensive stand. Their team is a final product and they still have serious issues.

This team is going the right way. They are actively trying to fix the problems created in the last two years. You can't blame Pioli or Haley for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What did you really expect. They took a 2-14 team and gutted it. We let go of 33 people from last years roster are are playing with people off the street. IN my opinion that had to be done. You can't completely build a new team in one year. It just isn't possible.

If you watched the Oakland San Diego game last week, you would have been really pleased that we literally kicked the raiders behinds, The raiders destroyed San Diego on the ground.

We should have won yesterday. There was tons and tons of opportunities but the players failed to capitalize. That is because of the lack of talent.

If you want to be negative. Look at the raiders. They are three years in their rebuild. We are two games. We basically kicked their behind all game, except for the very last defensive stand. Their team is a final product and they still have serious issues.

This team is going the right way. They are actively trying to fix the problems created in the last two years. You can't blame Pioli or Haley for the last two years.
    i agree with you saying the team is headed towards the right direction i love pioli and haley.but to say we are two games in a rebuild is just being blind,it has been a few years since we had a winning record if i recall. all i am saying is this franchise holds a higher standard than chokeland. and just because we have a new coach and gm does not mean this is only are first year of rebuilding it has been going on for the last three years now we should be farther along than we are. i have no doubt we will get there but i am getting sick of being at the bottom of the barrell and so should you.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVANN View Post
    The biggest problem with the Chiefs is they have no identity. Ravens-defense, Cards-offense, Steelers-D, etc. We are rebuilding both sides of the ball at once, and have been doing so since Vermeil and Trent green were here and hanging 35 every game. Carl killed us, and it will take a couple years to BUILD a true team.
    Well put.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast