Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?

Default Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?

Just looking on espn.com and saw that rumor running around. Thoughts anyone?

well there are 40 other threads on this, including the one that someone just made.

ill say it 50 times.

do.not.want

it would make me sick :(

Depends on what we have to give up to get him.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    Just looking on espn.com and saw that rumor running around. Thoughts anyone?
    See the other thread about this same subject posted within a few minutes of this one. It is just ESPN throwing out ideas.

There is NO real evidence in that article to suggest this would happen other than the fact that Pioli is familiar with Cassel from his time in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Depends on what we have to give up to get him.
    Exactly. It would be hard to argue that we have anyone better.

We will have to give up at least our first round pick this year. I am definitely not interested.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Same here, but will Clark be interested.

I don't understand the Cassel hype. Yeah, he came in and did a good job filling in for Brady. The guy hadn't done squat before then. Thigpen is just as capable as Cassel. Cassel had a much better supporting cast to work with. I think it would be a huge mistake to give any draft picks to bring him here. Cassel has no real tangible benefit over Thigpen.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXMG5OweTE&feature=related"][/ame] Added

4:09

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I don't understand the Cassel hype. Yeah, he came in and did a good job filling in for Brady. The guy hadn't done squat before then. Thigpen is just as capable as Cassel. Cassel had a much better supporting cast to work with. I think it would be a huge mistake to give any draft picks to bring him here. Cassel has no real tangible benefit over Thigpen.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you put a decent line in front of Thigpen I'm not saying he'll be better but I'd be shocked if he wasn't as good. Now people wanna throw away the chance to get a good line by giving up a 1st round pick plus who know what else?? Boggles my mind. Use this years draft and FA to shore up both sides of the line and then use next year to draft your QotF. By then we'll have an idea of what Thigpen can or can't do and can have possibly used FA to get a new QB.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast