Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the 21st pick in 2011 NFL Draft...

Default With the 21st pick in 2011 NFL Draft...

the Kansas City Chiefs select

A) Phil Taylor

B) Aldon Smith

C) Mike Pouncey

D) Titus Young

Who would you want? If you're not a fan of the players, which position would you rather see addressed with the 21st pick?

Personally, I like Phil Taylor. He seems like a big strong prototypical Nose Tackle that our defense needs. I also, however, like Mr. Pouncey. He's smart, strong and agile; all of which would increase with our off-season (assuming we have one). I like Taylor over Pouncey only because of the severe drop in talent after Taylor at the NT position.

So how about it? Who do we draft folks?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I would say Aldon Smith first, in then Phil Taylor. Aldon Smith would be a tremendous OLB across from Hali. I also like Phil Taylor to be the NT of the future. He's the type of guy that can collapse the pocket, preventing the QB from stepping up and getting Tamba and Studebaker more sacks!

I'm not too fond of the other guys. Pouncey is nowhere near his brother's level, and that's where a lot of the hype is. Titus Young is climbing up boards, but I like Jon Baldwin better as a deep threat and he should be available at 21 also.

We really need some protection for cassel.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Pouncey

I am not in favor of taking a guard or center in the 1st round.

I've not done my research on players thus year yet, so I can't comment on the names you've mentioned. I would be more comfortable with them taking one of these spots:
    WR
    OLB
    NT

Honestly, I think studebaker can play olb. I think we need depth at NT which is another reason why I hope we sign Shaun Rogers. I would love to see us turn a weakness like WR into a position of strength. Sign a free agent and use one of out first 2 picks to get another one in the stable for depth. In fact I'd be happy to see them sign a fa WR and draft 2 wr's.

In an ideal world, Pioli would fill holes at NT, WR, C in free agency so we can draft the best player on the board.

A
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezk5xKe_vHg"]YouTube - Phil Taylor vs Oklahoma[/ame]
    B
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBee49viSK8"]YouTube - DE Aldon Smith[/ame]
    C
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjPIP3gKkU"]YouTube - Rimington Watch List : Mike Pouncey - Florida[/ame]
    D
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg"]YouTube - TITUS YOUNG 2010[/ame]

I hope I have the correct players. Having some video helps those of us that do not know the players coming out of college. I am sure there are many that we may never find film on, that can play, and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I am not in favor of taking a guard or center in the 1st round.

I've not done my research on players thus year yet, so I can't comment on the names you've mentioned. I would be more comfortable with them taking one of these spots:
    WR
    OLB
    NT

Honestly, I think studebaker can play olb. I think we need depth at NT which is another reason why I hope we sign Shaun Rogers. I would love to see us turn a weakness like WR into a position of strength. Sign a free agent and use one of out first 2 picks to get another one in the stable for depth. In fact I'd be happy to see them sign a fa WR and draft 2 wr's.

In an ideal world, Pioli would fill holes at NT, WR, C in free agency so we can draft the best player on the board.

I agree we need depth at NT, but I think Rogers would play DE in our system. I hope we sign him too, but just as more D line depth.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Thanks for posting those videos Tspotter!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

i think it should be

1. akeem ayers

2. justin housten

3. jonathan baldwin

4. titus young

Jon Baldwin has off field issues. Arrested for enterfering with the arrest of a team mate. Scouting reports are saying he doesn't play hard all the time and he trash talked his coach last year. Right 53?
    IMO OT, OLB or NT is more likely at 21, Wr will come in 2nd or 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast