Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Latest Jared Allen news

Default Latest Jared Allen news

This posted on the warpaint forums and you need to read it from the bottom up because the top part is actually the update to the lower post ( check the dates ) . Just thought I would lay it out there for something to talk about !

NEW: Friday Morning - Jared Allen Update

UPDATE FEBRUARY 29th - 12:08 AM
    According to Fox Sports Radio in Philadelphia. The Eagles are close to signing former New England Patriots cornerback Assante Samuels to a long term contract. Hours before the team gave permission to their current starting cornerback Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

According to the report on Fox Sports Radio, the Eagles are prepared to send their first round draft pick (#19) and their fourth round pick plus Sheppard in exchange for Jared Allen.

Now we can't confirm this report by any means this late at night. But we're told by and NFL source that KC is entertaining offers for Allen. At the moment Allen is out of the country so trading him before he gets back to the State would bode well for any deal to simmer to a high boil before Allen could react to it with the local media.

Still I've always maintained that the two sides would work out a deal. According to another source, Allen isn't looking to break the bank. He's looking for a Signing Bonus/Guarantee in the $30 million range.

A year ago he asked for an $18 million Signing Bonus/Guarantee when the two sides met at the NFL Combines in February of 2007. The Chiefs countered with a one-year offer worth $2.2 million. That's when these talks went south and they haven't flown North since.

To our knowledge there have been no substantial talks between the Chiefs and Ken Harris on either a long term contract or any parameters for a possible trade.

Stay Tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for the very latest on Jared Allen.

UPDATE: February 28th - 9:00 PM

Ok I'm sharing the info that I received from someone in Jared Allen's camp earlier this afternoon. According to this source, there HAVE been NO contract talks with Ken Harris and Denny Thum as of this afternoon. The information we received earlier in the week indicated that there had been talks between the Chiefs and Harris. But per this source there has been ZERO contact. NOW this could be posturing to be honest.

About an hour ago I received a tip that Allen is furious with the Chiefs and that there MAY be some truth to the report in the Pioneer Press from Wednesday that the Chiefs might be willing to trade Allen for the right price.

I stress that these are known sources on each topic but by no means am I willing to stick my neck out either way. I'm attempting to get more information.

All I can say is that appears that this isn't going to get settled with the Chiefs anytime soon and I think Chiefs fans should prepare for the inevitable that he COULD be traded.

So to be honest I'm just passing it along and I'd give this a two or three out of five on the reliable meter.

February 27 - 2008
    There is a report circulating that the Kansas City Chiefs may attempt to trade Jared Allen before the start of free agency. Per my sources, the report on Yahoo sports is nothing more than speculation.

I've heard that the two sides have discussed a new contract and that its too early to indicate that that two sides will or won't settle on an agreement.

Though I can say if another team does indeed make a play for Allen and they're willing to give up a pair of first round draft picks for him, I can't see the Chiefs matching the offer. That's JUST my opinion and one I've shared previously.

personally I'd like to keep JA. but if we had #3 and #5 and were able to get both J.Long and C.Long or Gholston....might not be too bad. huge "if"

Jan 3, 2008

ALLEN NAMED TEAM MVP

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Thursday that DE Jared Allen has been named the club’s 2007 Derrick Thomas Award winner and WR Dwayne Bowe earned honors as the team’s Mack Lee Hill Award winner. Both awards are voted on by Chiefs players and will be presented at the 38th annual 101 Banquet on March 8th.

As a tribute to the late Derrick Thomas, the Chiefs annual Most Valuable Player Award was renamed in his honor following his tragic death in February of 2000. The Mack Lee Hill Award is presented each year to the Chiefs rookie or first-year player who best exemplifies the spirit of the late Mack Lee Hill, who passed away during his second season with the Chiefs in ’65.

Allen (6-6, 270) put together his finest season as a pro in 2007. The 25-year old defensive end was selected to his first Pro Bowl and is taking home the Derrick Thomas Award for the first time in his four-year NFL career.

Allen led the NFL with 15.5 sacks in 2007 despite missing the season’s first two contests. He was the first Chiefs defender to lead the league in sacks since DE Neil Smith accomplished that feat in ’93 with 15.0 QB takedowns. En route to his first Pro Bowl invitation, Allen became just the fourth player in team history to own 14.5 or more sacks in a season. Allen’s six multi-sack games also paced the NFL in 2007. He is the first Chiefs defensive end to earn a Pro Bowl berth since Smith earned a bid in ’95.

Allen now has 43.0 career sacks, the sixth-highest total in Chiefs annals. He needs 2.0 more sacks to overtake DE Eric Hicks (44.5) for fifth place in Chiefs history. En route to claiming the Chiefs MVP Award Allen also earned AFC Defensive Player of the Month honors for October, becoming the first Chiefs player to win that honor since Thomas accomplished the feat in December of ’97. Allen finished his impressive 2007 campaign with 14 starts, amassing 67 tackles (62 solo), 15.5 sacks (-111.0 yards), three forced fumbles, 11 passes defensed and 18 QB pressures.

Allen has sacked 26 different quarterbacks in his four-year career. In 61 career games (55 starts), Allen has totaled 257 tackles (201 solo), 43.0 sacks (-281.5 yards), one INT, 13 forced fumbles, eight fumble recoveries, 26 passes defensed and 115 QB pressures. The Los Gatos, California native entered the league as the Chiefs second of two fourth-round draft picks in the 2004 NFL Draft. The Idaho State alum finished his prep career at Los Gatos High School.

Bowe (6-3, 221) started 15 games for the Chiefs this season, finishing the 2007 campaign second on the team with 70 catches for 995 yards (14.2 avg.) and five TDs. He established Chiefs rookie records for both receptions and receiving yards, while his five TDs are tied as the third-highest total by a rookie in club history. His reception and yardage numbers also paced NFL rookies in 2007. Bowe is the first offensive player to win the Mack Lee Hill Award since T Victor Riley in ’98.

Establishing himself as an offensive playmaker in just his first pro season, Bowe took home a number of league awards in 2007. He received NFL Rookie of the Week honors twice against Minnesota (9/23 – five catches for 71 yards and one TD) and at San Diego (9/30 – eight receptions for 164 yards and a TD). He set a Chiefs rookie record with 164 receiving yards at San Diego (9/30), breaking the previous mark of 130 yards set by RB/S Johnny Robinson vs. Buffalo (12/18/60). Bowe also is the first Chiefs rookie wide receiver since the AFL-NFL merger to catch a TD pass in his first three NFL starts and is just the fifth-rookie in Chiefs history to register a 100-yard receiving game.

Born in Miami, Florida, Bowe joined the Chiefs as the club’s first-round selection (23rd overall) in the 2007 NFL Draft. In his senior season at LSU, Bowe caught 65 passes for 990 yards (15.2 avg.) with a school single-season record 12 TDs. He was named third-team All-America by The NFL Draft Report and earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference accolades. In 50 career games (30 starts) for the Tigers, Bowe totaled 154 receptions for 2,403 yards (15.6 avg.) with a school-record 24 TDs. He prepped at Norland Senior High School in Miami, Florida.

The 38th Annual 101 Banquet will be held on March 8, 2008, in Kansas City. The Chiefs will honor their Derrick Thomas MVP Award winner and Mack Lee Hill Rookie of the Year recipient as well as inducting a new member into the Chiefs Hall of Fame. The AFC/NFC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year and Coach of the Year will be honored during the banquet as well. Tickets and sponsorships to the 101 Awards Dinner are available by calling Premier Sports Management at (913) 681-6990.

http://www.jaredallen69.com/football...article_id=190

I wonder how much tickets are for this shin dig?

Should I go and see him get the award?

It might be the last thing he gets from the Chiefs.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Let's put JA and CP in an octagon together. Winner gets the contract he wants...

It'll be good to see JA still a Chief.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Let's put JA and CP in an octagon together. Winner gets the contract he wants...

It'll be good to see JA still a Chief.
    I say: Thunder Dome!

Two men enter; one man leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I say: Thunder Dome!

Two men enter; one man leaves!
    Make a deal, face the wheel.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Make a deal, face the wheel.
    I thought it was: "Break a deal, face the wheel!"

I thought it was: "Break a deal, face the wheel!"
    My bad.

My bad.
    Ain't no thing! You could be right; it's been forever since I saw that movie.

Ain't no thing! You could be right; it's been forever since I saw that movie.
    No you're right. Better memory than me. It must be all that partaking in... nevermind.

No you're right. Better memory than me. It must be all that partaking in... nevermind.
    ...Corn squeezins???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast