Thread: Scouting Report on New Orleans Saints

Default Scouting Report on New Orleans Saints

Full disclosure: this was written for the Washington Redskins prior to their week 1 win against NOLA. However, it does provide some detailed analysis on the Saints' offensive and defensive schemes.

Hey, New Orleans is 0-2, just like the Chiefs. Any given Sunday...

Defense:

Washington Redskins: Scouting Report – Defense of New Orleans Saints - Sporting Paragon

Offense:

Washington Redskins: Scouting Report – Offense of New Orleans Saints - Sporting Paragon

Hate to say it, and I so hope I'm wrong. But somehow I bet the saints get real healthy this Sunday. Let's hope not!

Every team looks heathy against us. Look at the Bills. They were missing their top offensive starters.

All I'm saying is if we get out-coached by a team with no coach it's really going to be hard to take.

We lose 14-35. Saints come back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    All I'm saying is if we get out-coached by a team with no coach it's really going to be hard to take.
    You may have just won the internet

completely agree, 100000%
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

I stopped reading when they mentioned TCUDan - he's just clueless most of the time.

Here's a condensed scouting report on the Saints.

On Offense...

Brees' timing is off and he's not setting his protections properly ( he calls them, not the center ). Colston & Morgan have been prone to drops this year so far. The running game with Pierre is good, but they don't stick to it. Even an 'off' Brees will hang 32 on a good D, so don't let those things get your hopes up.... however...

On Defense...

This is the worse defense in the league. Greer has been hurt and they let Porter walk, so that leaves cardboard men out there at corner. PRob has ability but lacks smarts, Johnny Patrick is hurt ( and is behind PRob ), and Corey White makes Jason David look good. Harper has yet to cover anyone and Jenkins just sucks. Oh and the line is weak vs the run...

KC O vs NO D is a case of the immovable force vs the unstoppable object. If Cassel can get injured, KC has a chance to score & its a game. Otherwise... eh.....