Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Default Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins.

The cost was likely a late-round draft pick. Alleman was bench-bound in Miami, but the Chiefs need all of the help they can get on the offensive line. He could push right guard Mike Goff for the starting job
    Andy Alleman

These guys are pretty much o-line filler, but as long as they keep Cassel upright this season they'll be fine. The Chiefs o-line really can't get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Welcome to the Crowd KC Maniac! :)
    Hey thanks man!!!

I hope these lineman pan out, and I hope that Pioli knows more than me, but I sure wouldve drafted an O-lineman sooner...

Hey guys, Miami fan here. I signed up before the phins @Chiefs game last year, just for some friendly discussions and have been checking in on and off ever since because of all the classy Chiefs fans on here. :)

Here's my take:

Someone mentioned that the only reason the Dolphins traded those guys was because of our depth. That would be correct. Ndukwe did a pretty nice job for us most of the year, but he just didn't have a chance compared to the RG we drafted last year in Donald Thomas. I don't think he's great, but I think he might do a decent job for you.
    Alleman has flashed, but seems inconsistent. Maybe a change of scenery could help him. He did piss me off in wk 17 @ the jets last year where he drew two stupid penalties, but I think he can improve.

Anyway, both of them are at least decent IMO and if your O-line is as terrible as some have stated in this thread (didn't look that bad to me last year - you did put up a good few points on Miami,) then I would think this should be a pretty good trade for you.
    I would be VERY surprised if you gave up anything more than a conditional 5th or a 6th round pick. Especially considering the family ties...

Heya I'm a lurking dolphins fan. Let me put my spin on it. For a 6th rounder, even a 5th rounder you got a good deal. These guys are solid but not spectacular. If you look at the Dolphins playoff game against the Ravens they shut the Dolphins offense down. They will struggle against top rated defensive line. These guys aren't top tier guys. They could definitely start or be a solid backup on a lot of teams. The Dolphins just have seriously solid beef. Jake Long, Jake Groves, Vernon Carey, Donald Thomas, Shawn Murphy, Joe Berger the Dolphins are just loaded enough with talent that these guys are expendable. The Dolphins I keep hearing have the most expensive line in football. The Chiefs did well but not spectacular out of this. Good luck!

LOL. I guess it's Dolphins night at Chiefs Crowd. :)

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    LOL. I guess it's Dolphins night at Chiefs Crowd. :)
    I keep an account here just for fun nights like this!

I'm just excited they are doing something about the o line problem. at least they're trying.

hey dolphin fans, i hear marino is coming back. is it true?!

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    Hey thanks man!!!

I hope these lineman pan out, and I hope that Pioli knows more than me, but I sure wouldve drafted an O-lineman sooner...
    No problem.

I, too, would have liked to see some more movement towards resolving our O-line issues a lot sooner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    I'm just excited they are doing something about the o line problem. at least they're trying.

hey dolphin fans, i hear marino is coming back. is it true?!

LOL. I wish...

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Hey guys, Miami fan here. I signed up before the phins @Chiefs game last year, just for some friendly discussions and have been checking in on and off ever since because of all the classy Chiefs fans on here. :)

Here's my take:

Someone mentioned that the only reason the Dolphins traded those guys was because of our depth. That would be correct. Ndukwe did a pretty nice job for us most of the year, but he just didn't have a chance compared to the RG we drafted last year in Donald Thomas. I don't think he's great, but I think he might do a decent job for you.
    Alleman has flashed, but seems inconsistent. Maybe a change of scenery could help him. He did piss me off in wk 17 @ the jets last year where he drew two stupid penalties, but I think he can improve.

Anyway, both of them are at least decent IMO and if your O-line is as terrible as some have stated in this thread (didn't look that bad to me last year - you did put up a good few points on Miami,) then I would think this should be a pretty good trade for you.
    I would be VERY surprised if you gave up anything more than a conditional 5th or a 6th round pick. Especially considering the family ties...
    Good to see you back skp. The O-line was simply awful last year; we had some offensive success because Thiggy is nice and mobile and he excelled in the spread offense which, from what I understand, is geared towards aiding an offensive line that is...well, offensive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast