Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Needs?

Default Draft Needs?

Hello, I'm actually a Jaguars fan in need of some info... over on Jaguars.com we are doing a mock draft and I've chosen to represent the Chiefs (second favorite team!). Anyway, I haven't really found a board that all the chiefs fans go to, but this one seemed active enough (posts today :))

Anyway, what needs do you think the chiefs really have? From what I know... maybe a WR, defense (front seven to account for allen possibly leaving), anything else? Is there a player you feel is being targeted? Would the chiefs office make any sort of trade up or down to get a targeted player(s)? Any help is greatly appreciated, and I'll come back to update you guys with the results of the draft if you'd like.

Hey guys, our draft has been pushed back until the 9th (as far as I know). The draft is unbelievably deep at DE, if Carriker, Spencer, or Moss fall would you like to see any of them in a Chiefs uni?

One player many people are high on is LB Posloszny, talking about a fixture at LB for years... any need for an OLB? For right now I'm thinking you could get a quality receiver in RD2, many of their stocks seem to be dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by jagsrep View Post
    Hey guys, our draft has been pushed back until the 9th (as far as I know). The draft is unbelievably deep at DE, if Carriker, Spencer, or Moss fall would you like to see any of them in a Chiefs uni?

One player many people are high on is LB Posloszny, talking about a fixture at LB for years... any need for an OLB? For right now I'm thinking you could get a quality receiver in RD2, many of their stocks seem to be dropping.
    Moss comes with too big a price tag and way too much bagage. IMO

OLB possibly; there was some rumor of moving Mitchell there but only if we can find a way to retain him.

I'd be surprised by a LB pick in the first round. But not shocked. Especially if Posloszny is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd be surprised by a LB pick in the first round. But not shocked. Especially if Posloszny is still there.

At this point most anything is possible.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yes, I would be also, I read somewhere that Moss is signing with some one, I don't remember who, but it wasn't the chiefs.

:bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :1411:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Yes, I would be also, I read somewhere that Moss is signing with some one, I don't remember who, but it wasn't the chiefs.

:bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :1411:

Well I must admit that I'm not terribly upset about that.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Yahoo sports has us picking.... Joe Staly an OT out of cental michigan. it also says there is plenty of wideouts for us to pick up in the 2nd and 3rd rnds. either the 2nd or 3rd we need a DT. but i wouldnt cry over this pick.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Yahoo sports has us picking.... Joe Staly an OT out of cental michigan. it also says there is plenty of wideouts for us to pick up in the 2nd and 3rd rnds. either the 2nd or 3rd we need a DT. but i wouldnt cry over this pick.

...Know anything about him wolfpack?

UPDATE: Hey guys! Just wanted to drop by and let you in on a few of the specifics of the draft, as well as make sure that you all know I'm still lurking about reading here :)

-Draft starts March 19th
    -4 teams will pick per day
    -4 rounds (perhaps 3)
    -Trades permitted (require committee approval)

As far as draft specifics I have been contacted by the Browns representative about trading up to pick #3... Joe Thomas may be available. I considered it, but since it was mentioned that the Chief FO hasn't exactly been active in the trade market I dismissed it.

My latest thoughts on the draft: I agree with the former poster about a good receiver being available in the second or third round, so I'm now leaning away from that. FA signings have me focused on the defensive side of the ball in RD1, am I off base?

Thanks again for all your input! Let's make this a great *mock* draft for the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by jagsrep View Post
    UPDATE: Hey guys! Just wanted to drop by and let you in on a few of the specifics of the draft, as well as make sure that you all know I'm still lurking about reading here :)

-Draft starts March 19th
    -4 teams will pick per day
    -4 rounds (perhaps 3)
    -Trades permitted (require committee approval)

As far as draft specifics I have been contacted by the Browns representative about trading up to pick #3... Joe Thomas may be available. I considered it, but since it was mentioned that the Chief FO hasn't exactly been active in the trade market I dismissed it.

My latest thoughts on the draft: I agree with the former poster about a good receiver being available in the second or third round, so I'm now leaning away from that. FA signings have me focused on the defensive side of the ball in RD1, am I off base?

Thanks again for all your input! Let's make this a great *mock* draft for the Chiefs!
    You probably should do fine given the information that is currently at your disposal. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast