Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: plaxico buress shoots himself

Default plaxico buress shoots himself

WHAT A DUMBASS

Burress wounded in accidental shooting; injury not life threatening

NFL.com Wire Reports

New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress has suffered a non-life threatening injury from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in an accidental shooting that has been confirmed by NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Multiple published reports say Burress suffered the self-inflicted wound at a nightclub on Friday night. Two reports, which are unconfirmed, indicate Burress was shot in the leg and was hospitalized overnight. It is not clear where the accident took place.

Stephen Dunn / Getty Images

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.
    The Giants, who would not confirm the accident to the AP, are expected to release a statement on Saturday, according to Schefter. Phone calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned.

Burress injured a hamstring two weeks ago against the Baltimore Ravens. The Giants said Friday he would not play Sunday against the Redskins in Washington.

Earlier this season, the 31-year-old receiver was suspended for a game and fined $117,500 for missing a team meeting and failing to notify the team of his absence. He said he had a family emergency.

He also was fined $45,000 by the NFL for his conduct during a game against the 49ers in October when he abused an official and tossed a ball into the stands.

Burress caught the winning pass in the Giants' Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots. He signed a five-year, $35 million contract hours before the season opened in September.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-29-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    The New York Post's editorial today called, "The Perils of Plaxico" opens with this:

"Plaxico Burress is a world-champion football player, and a world-class moron."

That would be too funny if he became a Cowgirl, joining headcases T.O. and Pacman Jones!

Yet another Cincinnati Bandit would be hilarious too. Plaxico and "Ocho Cinco" as the wideouts, ha.
    Don't forget Chris Henry. If they were to lose Housh (free agent) they might be desperate enough to grab another crook for their wide-out group.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    WHAT A DUMBASS...

Post of the year right there!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Don't forget Chris Henry. If they were to lose Housh (free agent) they might be desperate enough to grab another crook for their wide-out group.
    Yes, thank you! Henry is yet another of the many Cinci bandits and also a WR. So come on Plaxico, join this team.

Maybe those stripes on their helmets are really meant to be jail bars?!

Yes, thank you! Henry is yet another of the many Cinci bandits and also a WR. So come on Plaxico, join this team.

Maybe those stripes on their helmets are really meant to be jail bars?!
    The only Bengals I have ever seen in person, where behind bars.

Ah as in Bengal tigers, very good! :)

I have guns for sale..Burress interested?
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Ah as in Bengal tigers, very good! :)

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I have guns for sale..Burress interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Why that may be, no, it can't be! That might very well be the gun he had!!!!!!!!!!! Chiefster, you may have a gun that many talks will be made about.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Why that may be, no, it can't be! That might very well be the gun he had!!!!!!!!!!! Chiefster, you may have a gun that many talks will be made about.

As I have said before: : Anything is possible".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12