Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston Audio

Default Eric Winston Audio

@TheBigLead: You absolutely MUST listen to this RT @JasonLisk: Eric Winston audio blasting Chiefs fans for booing QB injury Eric Winston Was Pissed About Fans Cheering Matt Cassel’s Injury: “We Are Not Gladiators” | The Big Lead

Audio is about half way down in blue

I was not there so I will not stand in judgement of the majority of fans who were, but obviously there were fans cheering the Cassel injury and those fans are classless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Well again i want to apologies my rambling does get annoying even to myself. Just really got to me that the comments portray that we all cheered
    Me too. I apologize for being so brash.

I just think there is a whole lot of denial going on around here.

I heard the roar of the crowd, not the whole crowd, but enough to give that "big play" effect, and that was not my section.

And it made me a little embarrassed of my Chiefs fanbase. SO I am a bit snippy today too.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think your case is the exception. Most of the people who went to the game have said otherwise. And I know that a few idiots did cheer the injury there were also some boos that came when Cassel stood up from the idiots but I do think that our fan base is being a bit unfairly made out to be like it was a LARGE number cheering the injury. I just don't think that was the case. Like I said the actions of a few make us all look bad. That's unfair to our fan base but it's just how it goes. A few idiots shamed our whole fan base. A few on here cheered the injury or were happy when he got hurt. I think they also need to look in the mirror and learn that this is just football and a persons well being is far more important. That same goes to the idiots who cheered the injury and booed when Cassel stood up
    I was about to sit back down after the play, when I heard the secondary roar, as if something else good had happened (Penalty?). My section was delayed from that roar by about a second, and then I started hearing the intent around me.

Granted, that second "surge" was far from as loud as the first down surge. But it was pretty unmistable, and it seems clear that The Chiefs players heard it too.

The direct sentiments may have been extra harsh in my section. But then I think of the endless comments after the game and figure that it is very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    First off, I wasn't at the game but I've talked to several that have. It seems that the cheering for Cassel was different based on sections. Some did in some sections and were promptly told to shut the $#!* up. Other sections people cheering were the majority.

I watched that section of the game a minimum of half a dozen times. It seems to me that there were "waves" of cheering. First it was that we got a first down. The ball is being moved and people are excited (1st group of cheering). Then people realize Cassel is hurt and most of the cheering dies off but some continues or new cheering starts up (2nd group). The second group was by far the least loud cheering. Next, Quinn is seen warming up (3rd group). This seemed louder then Cassel getting warmed up. Finally, Cassel is up and walking off the field (4th group). This noise was the greater than Cassel getting hurt and Quinn warming up but less than the first down.

Winston's comments are going to cause divisions in the fan base. Some will think he's right. Others hate being lumped into the entire fan base saying it's a bad fan base. Yet another group will be upset because they were happy another QB was coming in. But, they feel bad about being excited that Cassel had to be hurt for Quinn to come in. Finally a group will feel that Winston was completely wrong and justify them celebrating Cassel being hurt.

Personally I can be lumped into the group that thinks Winston is right. Has Winston played great? No. Is this a deflection? Who cares?!? People were cheering that a guy got hurt and I don't care who you are that's not cool. The part I don't like is that Winston lumped every fan together and said that 70,000 people cheered Cassel getting hurt.
    I agree. It was CLEARLY not the entire fan base.

But it was quite a few people. Anytime there is any unruly mob, it was never everybody there doing the worst things.

Anytime a sports team's fans do something stupid (Raiders, Eagles come to mind) it is not all of the fans at fault.

Though we don't mind lumping them together and using the poor behavior of a few to classify the entirety, do we?

We like to mock Raiders fans for the reputation of their fans, right?

It isn't right. But it is what happens.

well I just saw ESPN rake us over the hot coals. so the best fans in the NFL are all wearing a black eye.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    well I just saw ESPN rake us over the hot coals. so the best fans in the NFL are all wearing a black eye.
    Yes, sir. Saw that at lunch. We all suck. This is a dark dark day

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Yes, sir. Saw that at lunch. We all suck. This is a dark dark day
    let's see how management puts this fire out. their all into damage control
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    let's see how management puts this fire out. their all into damage control
    This is like the Colorado wildfire. Its gonna burn quite awhile....

This is like the Colorado wildfire. Its gonna burn quite awhile....
    the fan base here may very well rake Mr Winston a** over the coals. and he may be looking for the A train outta town. the Majority of our fans don't fit this description. let's see how they react next home game

You know, i like the guy. I appreciate what he did....upto the point his interview made it look like the town was garbage. Same with Cassel...his play is jist horrid. But, otherwise, seems like a really nice guy.
    But my guess is Winston is going to get boo'ed by the fans that didnt deserve it AND by the idiots that did deserve the call out. Shall be interesting.

You know, i like the guy. I appreciate what he did....upto the point his interview made it look like the town was garbage. Same with Cassel...his play is jist horrid. But, otherwise, seems like a really nice guy.
    But my guess is Winston is going to get boo'ed by the fans that didnt deserve it AND by the idiots that did deserve the call out. Shall be interesting.
    what burns by a** is he made sure all the media was there before he ripped us

Yea winston talked highly of us 4 months ago then a month into the season didnt bash a few fans he blasted this organization calling us all out thats what upset me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast