Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox sports says Green trade is done

Default Fox sports says Green trade is done

Fox sports reporting Green traded to miami for cond 4th. Carl told them get it done today, or were keeping him.

Great post! Let me do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by TXChief View Post
    Fox sports reporting Green traded to miami for cond 4th. Carl told them get it done today, or were keeping him.
    Looks like it's done. Here's the article:

Dolphins finally get Green

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 47 minutes ago

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green has finally got his wish. He's now a former Chiefs quarterback.

The Miami Dolphins have agreed to trade a fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft — which could become a fourth-rounder depending on how much action Green sees for Miami in 2007 — in exchange for the veteran quarterback, FOXSports.com has learned.

The deal is contingent on Green passing a physical. He is scheduled to fly to Miami Tuesday evening to take that physical.
    The Dolphins could have ended the protracted negotiations long before Tuesday, but had held out in the belief that the Chiefs would eventually cut Green.
    The long-discussed deal finally got done when Chiefs brass informed the Dolphins a trade had to get done by today or else they would have kept Green on their roster for the 2007 season. Green played in just eight games for the Chiefs in 2006 due to injury. He completed 61.1 percent of his passes for 1,342 yards, but threw for just seven touchdowns and nine interceptions.
    So it's finally done!!!! :bananen_smilies039: I'm sad to be losing such a great QB, but happy that this mess has come to an end. Carl retains some of his dignity by getting a conditional 4th rd pick. I wish the best of luck to Trent Green.

Now we have some salary cap to work with. Are there any good free agents that we could still acquire?

we need to make LJ happy first.

Or package him in a trade. Will his stock ever be higher than right now?

Outstanding! Finally and about time!!!

I've got to say, we look real solid at RB after LJ. With the kid we got in the draft, the one who's tearing it up in Europe, and Bennett, I wouldn't be totally against trading Larry Johnson for a big time corner, Offensive Tackle, or Wide Reciever coupled with a first round pick. Granted, none of the backups are a Larry Johnson, but they could try to fill his shoes while trading LJ could fill more holes as the Chiefs continue thier rebuilding for the 2008 season. I'd suggest trading him to Atlanta for one of thier CBs. LJ could help take pressure off Vick or replace his offense if he's suspended.

With that out of the way, we tie up Jarred Allen with the money we save.

On another note, thank god Carl waited out the Dolphins. If Miami makes him the full time starter, the fifth round pick upgrades to a fourth round pick with Green taking 70% of the snaps. In my opinion, 4th round picks are HUGE!! Maybe even bigger in some instances than 3rd rounders. the staff gets a night in between the 3rd and 4th rounds to re-evaluate the remaining players. GREAT MOVE BY CARL.....well, relatively considering his career with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I've got to say, we look real solid at RB after LJ. With the kid we got in the draft, the one who's tearing it up in Europe, and Bennett, I wouldn't be totally against trading Larry Johnson for a big time corner, Offensive Tackle, or Wide Reciever coupled with a first round pick. Granted, none of the backups are a Larry Johnson, but they could try to fill his shoes while trading LJ could fill more holes as the Chiefs continue thier rebuilding for the 2008 season. I'd suggest trading him to Atlanta for one of thier CBs. LJ could help take pressure off Vick or replace his offense if he's suspended.

With that out of the way, we tie up Jarred Allen with the money we save.

On another note, thank god Carl waited out the Dolphins. If Miami makes him the full time starter, the fifth round pick upgrades to a fourth round pick with Green taking 70% of the snaps. In my opinion, 4th round picks are HUGE!! Maybe even bigger in some instances than 3rd rounders. the staff gets a night in between the 3rd and 4th rounds to re-evaluate the remaining players. GREAT MOVE BY CARL.....well, relatively considering his career with the Chiefs.

As much as it pains me to say it: I agree. I can't believe Miami blinked! Props to Carl for once.

I was under the impression that there was nothing, on this planet, that could make L.J. happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast