Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard anything about Cassel.

Default Has anyone heard anything about Cassel.

I have not heard anything about what happend with his injury. I am taking that as good news. Has anyone heard anything?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post

Ok that's good Thanks need him for sure. I have him on my fantasy teams LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Supposedly he has bruised ribs. Which may put him out for a week or two, depending on how bruised they are.

There is no way he misses opener and if by some chance he does ya the Chiefs are screwed

Not so fast, Nick Wright is reporting that Cassel has a cracked rib. This has not been confirmed by the team, but Nick has some insider info within KC (he was the first to report the Thomas Jones/Jon Baldwin fight).

Never liked the idea to play the starters a bunch in the 4th preseason game, and kept asking myself why they were still in.

Kansas City Chiefs Matt Cassel Reportedly Suffers Cracked Rib - SB Nation Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Never liked the idea to play the starters a bunch in the 4th preseason game, and kept asking myself why they were still in.
    Do you think they would have been less likely to get injured if they played into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd preseason game against the starters (like they usually do) instead of the 4th game against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Sometimes a player will get hurt in practice. Maybe they shouldn't practice either.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Do you think they would have been less likely to get injured if they played into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd preseason game against the starters (like they usually do) instead of the 4th game against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Sometimes a player will get hurt in practice. Maybe they shouldn't practice either.
    FINALLY someone with some common sense on here! LOL

Players can get hurt at ANY GIVEN time or game. It HAPPENS!

Maybe Brady should've never played that 1st game against the Chiefs a couple years back and he would've never gotten hurt.............

Or maybe starters should ONLY play if they are starting to lose and they need to come in to win the game........
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    FINALLY someone with some common sense on here! LOL
    Common sense tells me that if you're playing an exhibition game that is typically reserved to evaluate who will/will not get cut, you probably shouldn't put your most valuable players out there knowing they can get hurt at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Common sense tells me that if you're playing an exhibition game that is typically reserved to evaluate who will/will not get cut, you probably shouldn't put your most valuable players out there knowing they can get hurt at anytime.
    Common sense tells me that players are more likely to get hurt playing against first string players who tend to be bigger, faster, stronger and better football players than the 2nd and 3rd string players. That's why they are starters. But in a regular preseason the starters typically play about two thirds of the 3rd game, anyway. With the shortened preseason, Haley felt that an extra week of conditioning and practice, plus the advantage of playing against weaker less skilled 2nd and 3rd string players, would reduce the chance of injury. That makes sense to me, but the key word is reduce - not eliminate. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

Any player can get hurt on any play. That's football/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast