at
    Heinz Field

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---CBS 5 KCTV
    Topeka, Ks---CBS 13 WIBW

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I thought that was obvious.
    It was pretty obvious to me, but now we have confirmation straight from the horse's ... I mean coach's mouth. There were some in Chiefs Crowd and elsewhere who were questioning just what we were doing. Some thought that some of the players were so eager to impress the coaches that they were making terrible decisions. Reid confirmed that they were doing just what they were told to do.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Its preseason. I dont fault reid at all for instructing the returners to return all kick offs amd also going for it on 4th and inches. Its preseason and we need to find what were made of. Though I think a qb sneak wold have been better to get the ince for a 1st.

Very happy the Chiefs have a "W" to hang their hat on.

Alex Smith struggled some at first, but after his big scramble it seemed to calm down the Steeler's linebackers. The Steelers D acted like the Raiders, all kinds of cheap hits going on. Smith took a good hit and came right back up. Our O-line needs some work, obviously, but I do think they improved from the 49'ers game. Really think that Smith's scramble and Davis' kickoff TD really lit the fires, and after that the Steelers had their hands full.

Chase Daniels really stepped it up this game. He seemed hit or miss the first two games, but this game he improved considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It was pretty obvious to me, but now we have confirmation straight from the horse's ... I mean coach's mouth. There were some in Chiefs Crowd and elsewhere who were questioning just what we were doing. Some thought that some of the players were so eager to impress the coaches that they were making terrible decisions. Reid confirmed that they were doing just what they were told to do.
    Ah....OK.....Didn't realize some people thought this was people doing these things on their own. Don't think many of them would take it upon themselves to do something like that. Take a kickoff 9 yards deep, try to run it back, get tacked on the 2 and you could wind up without a job. Don't think many of them want to take that chance.

I know it was just a preseason game and doesn't count in the standings and it wasn't anything for anybody to get fatheaded about, BUT, playing well and eking out a win might have meant more to this team than one might think.

Remember game 3 of the preseason last year, and the 44-16 loss to Seattle at Arrowhead? They never seemed to recover from that throughout the rest of the 2012 season.

Common misconception I see here on Chiefs Crowd:

4 possessions, 4 punts.- It's just pre season!

1 drive to end the half- I TOLD YOU ALEX SMITH IS GOING TO WORK OUT!

Don't deny it homers.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

Don't deny it homers.
    First off no one ever said Smith was going to work without a doubt you find one post on here that has said that. We are not losing our minds in the preseason and looking for all we can to bash a guy like you are just because your bitter they didn't do what you want.

But lets talk about what we saw last night shall we, The Chiefs got 0 from the run game in the 1st half outside of Alex Smith on a long scramble What has happened before when the run game has been shut down the whole offense has been shut down. The passing game was the offense with the 1st team last night that's MUCH different then what we have seen before is it not?

And now lets see what the guy you wanted is doing outside of throwing picks

Yep your judgement on QBS is spot on
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 08-25-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

Don't deny it homers.
    Awwww poor baby, you obviously crapped in your diaper when they traded for Alex Smith & drafted Eric Fisher. Did your mommy have to change your diaper for you, fetch your formula for you, and give you a Baby Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that can cry on its shoulder? Sure sounds like it.

The misconception is all on your side. Nobody said they were happy with 4 possessions and 4 punts, they simply got tired of hearing you bash Smith and neither did they say "Alex Smith is going to work out", what they said was that Alex Smith played better than Geno Smith and you kept spewing your regurgitated dogsh!t about Alex Smith not being able to make plays, only to see him do just that when they really needed him to.

The Chiefs didn't draft a QB in round 1 in 2013 and they are not likely to draft a QB in round 1 anytime soon in the near future --- GET OVER IT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First off no one ever said Smith was going to work without a doubt you find one post on here that has said that. We are not losing our minds in the preseason and looking for all we can to bash a guy like you are just because your bitter they didn't do what you want.

But lets talk about what we saw last night shall we, The Chiefs got 0 from the run game in the 1st half outside of Alex Smith on a long scramble What has happened before when the run game has been shut down the whole offense has been shut down. The passing game was the offense with the 1st team last night that's MUCH different then what we have seen before is it not?

And now lets see what the guy you wanted is doing outside of throwing picks

Yep your judgement on QBS is spot on

So let me get this straight. It's perfectly reasonable for you to make excuses for Alex Smith for his entire what, 6 year career where he sucked big time. Yet, Geno Smith plays one preseason game, struggles and you try to expose him.

Ahhhh, the hypocrisy of MatthewsChiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Awwww poor baby, you obviously crapped in your diaper when they traded for Alex Smith & drafted Eric Fisher. Did your mommy have to change your diaper for you, fetch your formula for you, and give you a Baby Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that can cry on its shoulder? Sure sounds like it.

The misconception is all on your side. Nobody said they were happy with 4 possessions and 4 punts, they simply got tired of hearing you bash Smith and neither did they say "Alex Smith is going to work out", what they said was that Alex Smith played better than Geno Smith and you kept spewing your regurgitated dogsh!t about Alex Smith not being able to make plays, only to see him do just that when they really needed him to.

The Chiefs didn't draft a QB in round 1 in 2013 and they are not likely to draft a QB in round 1 anytime soon in the near future --- GET OVER IT !!!

I'm really happy a 8 year veteran that we traded multiple picks for played better than a rookie in his first start.

Logic isn't applied here is it?