Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faider game thoughts

Default Faider game thoughts

Ok now that a couple of hours have passed I think this game is one that we defently did not deserve to win. The simple fact is that we got a HUGE break from the refs to even be in postion to go to ot. Were there calls that went against us yes there were. But IMO none of them had as big of an impact as that fumble call when IMO the runner was down.

Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.

The 2nd half the faiders outplayed the chiefs. That has me worried about this team going forward. Hopefully we see them rebound next week at mile hight. We need a huge win for sure.

The raiders defense was playing really well, especially up front.

We didnt let charles touch the ball enough.

Our Pass D the last few plays of regulation was poor.

Overall we didnt do bad, it was just a tough game and day.

The O-line got used and abused all game.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Honestly I knew we were going to lose as soon as I seen Ford make that return for a TD. I do think that we beat ourselves morethan the raiders beating us Flowers allowed some big plays that he usually shuts down but it's the NFL and it happens but we were at the black hole of the universe and they won off a FG I really feel we should of passed more in the game but it is what it is I mean we cna say Bowe lost the game because of the dropped first down McGraw dropped a drive stopping INT it just wasnt our game but we have to recoup and crush the Donks in Denver and get our lead back in the division we will have to play the raiders and donks at home still so we still def got a shot at the division we as true Chief fans knew today would go either way. Im upset but it could be worse McFadden could of ran for200 yds we didnt have McCluster either who i feel would of helped us out

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.
    I cant agree - Cassel once again showcases that he just doesnt have the stuff. Although i have to say i was hopeful throughout the first half, up until that pathetic interception lob to end the half.

Matt Cassel gave me hope when he was hitting the quick routes for decent yardage, but backed up against their own red zone he crumples. If you watch Cassel replays - he doesnt even look at the field, and often misses easy completion throws.

Cassel's 'brilliant' strike to Bowe only happens becuase Bowe wasnt even covered by a CB. Raiders Safety is screaming for help and no one slides over. easy completion, even for a panicky Cassel.

Even as poorly as we played, we had a handful of opportunities to clinch that game. When we blew all of those opportunities, our Defense was doing their best to hold one last time, and got raped by a phantom holding call. The whole game after the first half felt like a slow motion trainwreck to watch. Its little wonder after watching this game why no one can take the Chiefs seriously.

BTW - we have no business calling Raiders the 'faiders' right now. Not only do the chiefs deserve that nickname this week, but it just makes us look stupid.
    Last edited by iratefan; 11-07-2010 at 10:50 PM.

The play that I keep thinking of is the dropped pass by bowe with 2:20 to go. Why can't he catch the ball?
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    The play that I keep thinking of is the dropped pass by bowe with 2:20 to go. Why can't he catch the ball?

That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch.

I'll give credit where it is due -- to the Raiders Jacoby Ford. He was the fastest player in the draft and today he made the Raiders look like geniuses for taking him in the 4th round. I don't care about his size, we all got to admit that this kid can play & he got it done in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch.
    I have defended Cassel since he got here, but the last few weeks I have to admit I,ve been wondering How Brodie could do.
    Chiefs in 2011

How does Hali seem to get held on every pass play every week but it only gets called once a game if the Chiefs are lucky?
    Last edited by Vandelay; 11-07-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast