10 15.63%
  • Ricky Santos

5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle or Thigpen?

Default Croyle or Thigpen?

PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

From what I have seen I say we start Thigpen.

I like Croyle, but Thigpen just looks like the better QB.

Granted it was only pre-season that I got to watch him play, but he looked good.

Then again, if our O line is still porous, as chief31 pointed out he might get his neck broken.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.
    Interesting...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

NFL.com/Wikipedia:

Brodie Croyle: Quarterback
    Height 6-2
    Weight 206
    Years Experience 3
    Birthdate 2/6/1983
    Hometown Rainbow City, AL
    College Alabama
    Current status Active
    Games Started 6
    Games Played 11

Despite being hindered by knee injuries in his senior season in high school, Croyle was highly recruited by Louisiana State University, Florida State University and University of Alabama. However, on the night Croyle was ready to announce his decision to attend Florida State, he changed his mind and chose Alabama instead. In Croyle's four years playing for the University of Alabama, he set numerous school records, and was a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.

Tyler Thigpen: Quarterback
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 224
    Born: 4/14/1984 Winnsboro , SC
    College: Coastal Carolina
    Experience: 2nd season
    High School: Fairfield Central HS [Winnsboro, SC]
    Games Played:1

College career
    Thigpen was the first quarterback in Coastal Carolina University history, which began its football program in 2003.[1] Thigpen had a 30-8 record in four seasons and was named Big South Conference player of the year in 2007.[1] He helped lead the young Chants program to major victories against #1 James Madison in 2005 and #3 Furman in 2006. Thigpen is the single season and career passing leader in every major statistical category at Coastal Carolina University.[2].
    [edit]

NFL career
    Thigpen was selected in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Vikings. Thigpen was the first player in Big South Conference history to be drafted in the NFL. On May 18, 2007, Thigpen became the first of eight Vikings drafted in 2007 to sign a contract.

Thigpen competed with Brooks Bollinger, Tarvaris Jackson, and Drew Henson for a quarterback roster spot for the 2007 NFL season.[1] He was released by the Vikings on September 1 and signed by the Chiefs the following day.

Thigpen was placed on injured reserve with a torn MCL, ending his 2007 season. Thigpen tore his MCL in practice. He won't need surgery on the injury and should be ready for offseason practices in the spring.

What? No poll?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I hope Thigpen rips the starting job from Brodie. I hope they both do great and the job goes to the "better QB"...not the "least worst" like we did last year.

I think the Vikings really liked this guy and thought they were the only ones who knew about him which is why they thought it was safe to push him thru waivers. From what i read about Thigpen last year when we picked him up, the Vikings were pretty upset they lost this guy. Again, they thought he was the safest name to push thru waivers which is why he was waived.
    Bollinger and Henson stood more of a chance to be plucked off waivers because they were more well known than a 7th rd. draft pick.

I would be willing to bet he was the best QB out of that bunch, just not the best athlete and they didn't want there to be a controversy with the Vikes committing to Jackson, so they were going to put him on the practice squad and let him learn a little bit more before bringing him in.

NFL.com/Wikipedia:

Brodie Croyle: Quarterback
    Height 6-2
    Weight 206
    Years Experience 3
    Birthdate 2/6/1983
    Hometown Rainbow City, AL
    College Alabama
    Current status Active
    Games Started 6
    Games Played 11

Despite being hindered by knee injuries in his senior season in high school, Croyle was highly recruited by Louisiana State University, Florida State University and University of Alabama. However, on the night Croyle was ready to announce his decision to attend Florida State, he changed his mind and chose Alabama instead. In Croyle's four years playing for the University of Alabama, he set numerous school records, and was a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.

Tyler Thigpen: Quarterback
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 224
    Born: 4/14/1984 Winnsboro , SC
    College: Coastal Carolina
    Experience: 2nd season
    High School: Fairfield Central HS [Winnsboro, SC]
    Games Played:1

College career
    Thigpen was the first quarterback in Coastal Carolina University history, which began its football program in 2003.[1] Thigpen had a 30-8 record in four seasons and was named Big South Conference player of the year in 2007.[1] He helped lead the young Chants program to major victories against #1 James Madison in 2005 and #3 Furman in 2006. Thigpen is the single season and career passing leader in every major statistical category at Coastal Carolina University.[2].
    [edit]

NFL career
    Thigpen was selected in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Vikings. Thigpen was the first player in Big South Conference history to be drafted in the NFL. On May 18, 2007, Thigpen became the first of eight Vikings drafted in 2007 to sign a contract.

Thigpen competed with Brooks Bollinger, Tarvaris Jackson, and Drew Henson for a quarterback roster spot for the 2007 NFL season.[1] He was released by the Vikings on September 1 and signed by the Chiefs the following day.

Thigpen was placed on injured reserve with a torn MCL, ending his 2007 season. Thigpen tore his MCL in practice. He won't need surgery on the injury and should be ready for offseason practices in the spring.
    Nice info...

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    What? No poll?
    Can't you take care of that?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I liked what I little I was able to see of him last year. I hope he gets a shot to compete for the spot. Croyle needs that. I don't care what Curl thinks.

I hope Thigpen rips the starting job from Brodie. I hope they both do great and the job goes to the "better QB"...not the "least worst" like we did last year.

I think the Vikings really liked this guy and thought they were the only ones who knew about him which is why they thought it was safe to push him thru waivers. From what i read about Thigpen last year when we picked him up, the Vikings were pretty upset they lost this guy. Again, they thought he was the safest name to push thru waivers which is why he was waived.
    Bollinger and Henson stood more of a chance to be plucked off waivers because they were more well known than a 7th rd. draft pick.

I would be willing to bet he was the best QB out of that bunch, just not the best athlete and they didn't want there to be a controversy with the Vikes committing to Jackson, so they were going to put him on the practice squad and let him learn a little bit more before bringing him in.
    Huh.

So now you are jumping on the Thigpen bandwagon?

Glad to see it.

I called for him to be used last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Nice info...

Can't you take care of that?
    That would require me to work.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast