Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

Default Anyone else not that impressed?

I'll say it. I'm not scared.

I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    So, other than Cassel and Engram, you think it's great all we've been picking up is special team players?
    We've picked up two starting ILBs in Vrabel and Biesel.

We've picked up our QBOTF in Cassel.

We've rounded out our WR corps with Engram and Copper.

We've upgraded our special teams (majorly).

We've upgraded our entire coaching staff.

Yeah, we've had a good two months. And we still have a an entire offseason and draft to go.

We could have outbid Washington, Baltimore, the Jets, the Giants, the Cowboys and the rest for 5-6 FAs and used all our cap space. And that would have gotten us 4 or 5 more wins.

That isn't how good teams are built. Pioli's way is.

So, other than Cassel and Engram, you think it's great all we've been picking up is special team players?
    Really? Are these the only two people that will make a difference we have added to our team? I guess you were satisfied with the special teams last year eh? The coaching staff was impressive too I might add. The GM, outstanding!!!
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 03-18-2009 at 12:47 PM.

I still think trading away our 34th pick wasn't the thing to do at this time. But thats my opinion. I don't know what Pioli has up his sleeve. Maybe he's planning on getting it back somehow. Either trading down from our 1st pick or packaging Waters/Thig/Gonzo in some way to aquire picks. But I will say this. If Pioli doesn't get our 2nd pick back somehow, I think trading our 34th was a mistake. I guess its time for me to get thrown under the bus...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We've picked up two starting ILBs in Vrabel and Biesel.

We've picked up our QBOTF in Cassel.

We've rounded out our WR corps with Engram and Copper.

We've upgraded our special teams (majorly).

We've upgraded our entire coaching staff.

Yeah, we've had a good two months. And we still have a an entire offseason and draft to go.

We could have outbid Washington, Baltimore, the Jets, the Giants, the Cowboys and the rest for 5-6 FAs and used all our cap space. And that would have gotten us 4 or 5 more wins.

That isn't how good teams are built. Pioli's way is.
    First, it's Beisel and Cooper. Secondly, our special teams was the least of our worries last year. I might sound selfish, but, right now, I would take 4 or 5 more wins. Beisel only had 15 tackles last year, I would hardly call that shoring up.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I still think trading away our 34th pick wasn't the thing to do at this time. But thats my opinion. I don't know what Pioli has up his sleeve. Maybe he's planning on getting it back somehow. Either trading down from our 1st pick or packaging Waters/Thig/Gonzo in some way to aquire picks. But I will say this. If Pioli doesn't get our 2nd pick back somehow, I think trading our 34th was a mistake. I guess its time for me to get thrown under the bus...
    Wwon't know if the trade was good until Cassel gets onto the field so there is no point in arguing it. As far as throwing you under the bus...

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I just don't get why people think like you do. Who do you think we could have gotten in the 2nd round that would equal the value we got from the trade? We got our captains for both sides of the ball. Both are proven winners. We had a 50% chance of busting on our 2nd round pick.

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but sometimes I think our whole fanbase was brainwashed by Herm/CP into thinking that draft picks are more valuable than good players. Teams like the Pats have never been shy about trading picks for players when they get good value for the pick. And that's what we did.

How do we ever expect to win games relying on a bunch of rookies that get traded, who leave as soon as FA hits, or who demand to be massively overpaid to stay? Because that was the pre-Pioli state of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Wwon't know if the trade was good until Cassel gets onto the field so there is no point in arguing it. As far as throwing you under the bus...

I hope the reason I'm there is due to a healthy intake of some adult beverages.
    But, yeah. I hope I'm completely and utterly wrong and Cassel is the qb that brings us the trophy. But we need our 2nd round pick back IMO...
    SHUT IT

I hope the reason I'm there is due to a healthy intake of some adult beverages.
    But, yeah. I hope I'm completely and utterly wrong and Cassel is the qb that brings us the trophy. But we need our 2nd round pick back IMO...
    I would love to have that pick back too but I dont mind trading it for cassel.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I just don't get why people think like you do. Who do you think we could have gotten in the 2nd round that would equal the value we got from the trade? We got our captains for both sides of the ball. Both are proven winners. We had a 50% chance of busting on our 2nd round pick.

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but sometimes I think our whole fanbase was brainwashed by Herm/CP into thinking that draft picks are more valuable than good players. Teams like the Pats have never been shy about trading picks for players when they get good value for the pick. And that's what we did.

How do we ever expect to win games relying on a bunch of rookies that get traded, who leave as soon as FA hits, or who demand to be massively overpaid to stay? Because that was the pre-Pioli state of things.
    Thats all well and good if Cassel proves to be THAT much better than Thig. Its just an opinion.
    Now step on the gas pedal....
    SHUT IT

First, it's Beisel and Cooper. Secondly, our special teams was the least of our worries last year. I might sound selfish, but, right now, I would take 4 or 5 more wins. Beisel only had 15 tackles last year, I would hardly call that shoring up.
    It's probably not a good idea to correct other people's misspellings. That sort of thing always gets turned around on you. And it is Terrance Copper, not Cooper. Check your work before correcting other people.

Terrance Copper Stats, News, Photos - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

Beisel only started towards the end of the year, which is why his tackles aren't that high. He's a better LB than any we had on the roster last year not named DJ.

The difference between us is that you'd be happy with a team winning 7-8 games a year, and that's it. Your plan is a road to mediocrity.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast