Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ALL Final cuts right here!

Default ALL Final cuts right here!

Kansas City placed TE Michael Merritt on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released:

T Anthony Alabi
    TE Michael Allan
    WR Jabari Arthur
    CB Rashad Barksdale
    K Connor Barth
    S Khayyam Burns
    DE Johnny Dingle
    G Edwin Harrison
    WR Sergiori Joachim
    LB E.J. Kuale
    G Travis Leffew
    DT Derek Lokey
    FB Chris Manderino
    WR Kevin McMahan
    LB Steve Octavien
    DE Jason Parker
    LB LeRue Rumph
    WR Bobby Sippio (Hope to god hes on the practice squad atleast!)
    C Rob Smith
    G Tre Stallings
    T Will Svitek.

The only one i am wondering about is Bobby Sippio. What the F_(K! Hes never dropped a pass in his life! He was one of the pre-season stars this year. Im not happy with that one!

Although they might be putting him on the practice squad.....HOPEFULLY
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 08-30-2008 at 08:09 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    wasnt sippio like dwayne bowes cousin? or was dwayne bowe chad johnson's cousin? i dont know what im talking about, forgive me.
    Sip and Bowe are cousins(like 4 times removed?) Chad(Ocho Cinco)Johnson and Keyshawn (just give me the damn ball)Johnson are cousins....

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm taking the release of Sippio as a positive. We have all seen what Sippio is capable of... we all have opinions of him and his ability (most of them positive). But what does that say for the guys who weren't cut? We've brought in what, three or four new receivers this season?

Will Franklin
    Maurice Price
    Devard Darling
    Kevin Robinson

I don't think i would take Sippio over any of those guys. I don't know much about Robinson, but he didn't take a spot away from Sippio anyway because he's on the PUP.

I'm just saying, we saw that Sippio belonged on this team last year... but that was LAST YEAR. I think the talent level at WR has risen to the point where Sippio probably shouldn't even be on the practice squad. And, that's more of a testament to the organization bringing in better talent at wide-out.

That's how i see it.

Since when were receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson ever considered better players than Sip?I'd put Sip before Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson.Our KC fans went bonkers over Sip.I never recall of that much attention given to wide receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson by our KC fans.Tex,out of all those receivers listed above I'd have to believe that Will Franklin is the only wide receiver that's better than Sip.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Since when were receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson ever considered better players than Sip?I'd put Sip before Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson.Our KC fans went bonkers over Sip.I never recall of that much attention given to wide receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson by our KC fans.Tex,out of all those receivers listed above I'd have to believe that Will Franklin is the only wide receiver that's better than Sip.
    Are you still allowed on this site?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Are you still allowed on this site?

Canada,you just can continue to take long sips of whatever your drinking because your one hell of beer drinker.Drink up u 5 star vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Sippio wasn't even drafted and because he was one of the better AFL WRs doesn't mean anything.... ANYTHING. This is the NFL. If Sippio wasn't going to be the #2 WR, there's no room on this team for him. Since it's obvious that Darling is the KC #2, as an organization, if the younger guys show more promise in the long run, you have to go with those guys. Hell, Sip wasn't even competing for the #3 spot. Webb and Franklin pretty much have that battle locked up. So, what are we talking about here? MAYBE a #4, probably a #5 or #6.

Personally, I'd rather give guys like Price and Robinson a shot if they show more promise (which Price IS a better player) and nobody knows much about Robinson. You could be right. Sippio might be better than Robinson, but he's injured so it's a moot point. Robinson didn't take a spot from Sip.

As far as the fans, they've seen Sip make a couple catches and knew he was an AFL stud. You don't run an organization by how much fans like players. You have to do what is best for the organization. Otherwise, we'd still have Len Dawson at QB.

The Chiefs made the right decision at WR and i doubt the decision to cut him will come back to bite us in the butt... hell, has he even been picked up by anyone else? If he was that great of a WR, he would've been drafted out of college. He signed with the Dolphins in 2004, then was cut, played 3 years in the AFL then signed with the Chiefs.

Great players don't bounce around like that.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Sippio wasn't even drafted and because he was one of the better AFL WRs doesn't mean anything.... ANYTHING. This is the NFL. If Sippio wasn't going to be the #2 WR, there's no room on this team for him. Since it's obvious that Darling is the KC #2, as an organization, if the younger guys show more promise in the long run, you have to go with those guys. Hell, Sip wasn't even competing for the #3 spot. Webb and Franklin pretty much have that battle locked up. So, what are we talking about here? MAYBE a #4, probably a #5 or #6.

Personally, I'd rather give guys like Price and Robinson a shot if they show more promise (which Price IS a better player) and nobody knows much about Robinson. You could be right. Sippio might be better than Robinson, but he's injured so it's a moot point. Robinson didn't take a spot from Sip.

As far as the fans, they've seen Sip make a couple catches and knew he was an AFL stud. You don't run an organization by how much fans like players. You have to do what is best for the organization. Otherwise, we'd still have Len Dawson at QB.

The Chiefs made the right decision at WR and i doubt the decision to cut him will come back to bite us in the butt... hell, has he even been picked up by anyone else? If he was that great of a WR, he would've been drafted out of college. He signed with the Dolphins in 2004, then was cut, played 3 years in the AFL then signed with the Chiefs.

Great players don't bounce around like that.
    Great reply. I honestly have a different opinion on the situation now.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Darling being #2 is the only thing I really can't stand. He has no track record at all, not to mention he came from the Ravens......yeah.

He didn't catch a single pass in preseason, and dropped a couple. I, also, remember him running the wrong route a few times! I realize that he could still be learning the offense, but ugh. It just seems like we got him off the scrap-heap and decided to make him a #2 WR!

/rantover
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Darling being #2 is the only thing I really can't stand. He has no track record at all, not to mention he came from the Ravens......yeah.

He didn't catch a single pass in preseason, and dropped a couple. I, also, remember him running the wrong route a few times! I realize that he could still be learning the offense, but ugh. It just seems like we got him off the scrap-heap and decided to make him a #2 WR!

/rantover
    I agree. Both Webb and Franklin have shown more thus far than Darling and I think it's a very good possibility that those two guys may wind up #2 and #3 when all is said and done. There's got to be a reason why they've stuck with Darling so he may surprise. I certainly won't have a problem if he steps it up during the regular season and can be a consistent target. At this point, I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgment. Of the three, I can't help but play favorites a little bit with Franklin because he's out of MU.

The encouraging thing for me about our receiving corps behind Bowe, is the fact that we do have some decent talent there in Franklin and Webb. At least, I like to think so. As I said, I'm excited about Franklin and while Webb may not be a superstar, he has had some decent games for us and shown a few bright spots here and there.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I think the reason Darling came up to the #2 position is because Franklin has shown more potential and is fearless running the slot across the middle which is what he played alot in college. That being said, I think he has alot more potential from what ive seen than Darling has. As far as Webb? He has had how many seasons with us to crack the satarting line-up? (I ask since I really dont know how many seasons hes been with us, no sarcasm) He wasnt even able to unseat Kennison in the twilight of his career.

Darling played high school in san antonio. I've seen him play. He really has a lot of talent. I think he'll impress. He's obviously done more than anyone else at WR to this point according to the staff. He has less playing experience in the pros than Webb and he beat him out as well.

I think y'all need to give this guy half a season before getting on his case.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast