Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Trading Thigpen!!!!

Default Trading Thigpen!!!!

I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by johnNYchief View Post
    I agree with this 100%. To me Thigpen's ceiling is the best backup in the league. He would be perfect in that role .If your starter goes down,staying out of harm's way a Thigpen strength would come in handy.
    People always say Cassel had it made because of talent around him but you still have to get the job done and he did.
    I believe through his choice of HC Pioli will be installing a more conventional offense.
    It's funny that you consider his ceiling to be the best backup in the league, when he was easily a top 15 starting QB last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No dice. Outside of Thig, we don't have a qb on this roster that can last a couple games or win a couple games. If Thig gets traded, he WILL have to be replaced THIS year...IMO.
    Don't forget that we signed Gray. He is durable and has won games in the NFL.

And my main man Croyle WOOT WOOT

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    It's funny that you consider his ceiling to be the best backup in the league, when he was easily a top 15 starting QB last season.
    I got this from fantasyfootball.com

Top 14 Fantasy Quarterbacks for 2009

1) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
    Brees was clearly the top FF quarterback this year with 34 touchdown passes and a near record 5069 yards passing. More importantly for us, he plays for a coach who has some gunslinger in him and has excellent receivers. I see no reason why Brees would not be the top scoring QB again next year.

2) Jay Cutler, Denver Broncos
    Cutler was second in FF ppg this year with 21.61 points per week. In addition, all three of his 25+point games were 30+ point games. The one thing I would be wary of with most quarterbacks is their upcoming changes at HC and staff but I don’t see a new coach trying to reel in one of if not the strongest young arm in the league….and one who has Brandon Marshall to throw to – hopefully for all sixteen games.

3) Tom Brady/Matt Cassel, New England
    Yes, the hedge because we don’t know if Brady will be healthy enough to play next year but reports are that the Patriots will franchise tag Cassel thus giving them options. Either signal caller throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker rates to be a Top 5 FF quarterback in 2009 (Cassel was 7th this season).

4) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    Rodgers seems to be forgotten about when talking about the top FF quarterbacks this season, largely because the Packers were so unsuccessful. But with 28 touchdown passes and over 4,000 yards passing he was a successful QB for us and should be next year too.

5) Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
    Clearly Peyton was slowed at the beginning of the 2008 season, yet he still finished up with 27 touchdown passes and 4,000 yards passing. He will NOT be slow to start the 2009 season, so bet on him remaining an elite quarterback.

6) Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
    Yes Rivers did in fact finish fourth in FF scoring in 2008, but I don’t think he will have to throw as much next year, so the TD passes may drop a little. Easily a Top 10 pick for 2009 though.

7) Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
    For Cowboy fans and people who took Romo too early last September, there may have been some disappointment, but he was still a solid FF quarterback and will no doubt have just as many chances in 2009.

8) Tyler Thigpen, Kansas City Chiefs

For many FF teams, Thigpen was a HUGE needle in the free agent haystack. If you didn’t roster him….or play against him in Week 16, you may not have realized that he was QB #11 averaging 17.55 points per game in the fourteen games he played. With 2008’s experience and a full training camp as the starter, Thigpen WILL be a Top 10 FF quarterback in 2009 (assuming they don’t trade Tony Gonzalez)

Not too shabby, eh?
    Last edited by prough91; 02-03-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I got this from fantasyfootball.com

Top 14 Fantasy Quarterbacks for 2009

1) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
    Brees was clearly the top FF quarterback this year with 34 touchdown passes and a near record 5069 yards passing. More importantly for us, he plays for a coach who has some gunslinger in him and has excellent receivers. I see no reason why Brees would not be the top scoring QB again next year.

2) Jay Cutler, Denver Broncos
    Cutler was second in FF ppg this year with 21.61 points per week. In addition, all three of his 25+point games were 30+ point games. The one thing I would be wary of with most quarterbacks is their upcoming changes at HC and staff but I don’t see a new coach trying to reel in one of if not the strongest young arm in the league….and one who has Brandon Marshall to throw to – hopefully for all sixteen games.

3) Tom Brady/Matt Cassel, New England
    Yes, the hedge because we don’t know if Brady will be healthy enough to play next year but reports are that the Patriots will franchise tag Cassel thus giving them options. Either signal caller throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker rates to be a Top 5 FF quarterback in 2009 (Cassel was 7th this season).

4) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    Rodgers seems to be forgotten about when talking about the top FF quarterbacks this season, largely because the Packers were so unsuccessful. But with 28 touchdown passes and over 4,000 yards passing he was a successful QB for us and should be next year too.

5) Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
    Clearly Peyton was slowed at the beginning of the 2008 season, yet he still finished up with 27 touchdown passes and 4,000 yards passing. He will NOT be slow to start the 2009 season, so bet on him remaining an elite quarterback.

6) Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
    Yes Rivers did in fact finish fourth in FF scoring in 2008, but I don’t think he will have to throw as much next year, so the TD passes may drop a little. Easily a Top 10 pick for 2009 though.

7) Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
    For Cowboy fans and people who took Romo too early last September, there may have been some disappointment, but he was still a solid FF quarterback and will no doubt have just as many chances in 2009.

8) Tyler Thigpen, Kansas City Chiefs

For many FF teams, Thigpen was a HUGE needle in the free agent haystack. If you didn’t roster him….or play against him in Week 16, you may not have realized that he was QB #11 averaging 17.55 points per game in the fourteen games he played. With 2008’s experience and a full training camp as the starter, Thigpen WILL be a Top 10 FF quarterback in 2009 (assuming they don’t trade Tony Gonzalez)

Not too shabby, eh?
    Yeah, believe me I know his fantasy value. He guided me to a 2nd place finish in my money league. :) But I'll be the first to admit his fantasy value was higher than his overall value as an NFL QB. I doubt many people think Aaron Rodgers, Cutler, or Cassel were better QBs than Manning last year.

Point still proven. Spread offense or not, he was an average at worst starting QB last season.

This thread is silly on so many levels.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456