Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cassel will be starter heading into training camp

Default Cassel will be starter heading into training camp

While it doesn't eliminate the possibility of him having competition, I think we're probably looking at Matt Cassel being the starter next year.

"According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Matt Cassel will "for sure" be the Chiefs' starting quarterback heading into training camp.

Schefter's assertion comes two weeks after new coach Romeo Crennel backed Cassel at his introductory press conference. Schefter's comments leave the door open for the Chiefs to add competition, but the feeling among organization higher-ups is that Cassel can still be a success. Free agent Kyle Orton has hinted he won't be back after leading the Chiefs to a 2-1 record down the stretch. "

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel

[quote=nigeriannightmare;252672]
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Personally, I think Steve Bono should be added to the list of unmentionable names too

I dont ageee 13 and 3 pro bowl year, up to that time he had the longest run as a qb at 76 yards unless of course the fact he didnt like living in kc.......
    That failure actually made a pro bowl? Spin it any way you want, that team went 13-3 because of defense and nothing but defense.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

[quote=Three7s;252677]
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    That failure actually made a pro bowl? Spin it any way you want, that team went 13-3 because of defense and nothing but defense.
    When was the last time a chiefs qb ran for 76 yards much less scored a td, 21 tds 10 ints, 12 in the nfl in scoring. So cassel gets to.the pro bowl because of a "weak" schede and bono made the probowl because of martys run run pass offense and a strong d. Give the guy a little credit he didnt miss 3 freaking field goals.......28.and 10 as a starter thats not bad any way u want to spin i would hardly call that failure.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I dont ageee 13 and 3 pro bowl year, up to that time he had the longest run as a qb at 76 yards unless of course the fact he didnt like living in kc.......
    He was running away from KC
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Personally, I think Steve Bono should be added to the list of unmentionable names too.
    He is!! Right below Elvis Gr.. I just can't say it!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Your right; I don't know what came over me; that's as bad as saying Lin Ellio....
    Young man, if you keep using language like that we are going to have to wash your mouth out with soap!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Young man, if you keep using language like that we are going to have to wash your mouth out with soap!

It could have been worse I could have mentioned Herm Edwar.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It could have been worse I could have mentioned Herm Edwar.....
    That man is a saint compared to the other name you mentioned earlier. At least he brought us the Brandon's (and Branden) and Jamaal Charles.

So just for fun, let's say Big Al Saunders came back home to KC as our new OC, does ANYONE see Cassel improving under the Al Saunders offensive system?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    So just for fun, let's say Big Al Saunders came back home to KC as our new OC, does ANYONE see Cassel improving under the Al Saunders offensive system?
    Saunders is known for having the largest, most complicated offensive playbook in The NFL.

I don't see immediate success coming from Al Saunders' offense.

And, due to the position this team is in, I would prefer not to have Saunders as our next OC.

This team is ready to compete right now. Having a long learning period for the offense is not what I want to see. And I know that Chiefs fans will not have the patience for a two, to three, year restructuring of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Saunders is known for having the largest, most complicated offensive playbook in The NFL.

I don't see immediate success coming from Al Saunders' offense.

And, due to the position this team is in, I would prefer not to have Saunders as our next OC.

This team is ready to compete right now. Having a long learning period for the offense is not what I want to see. And I know that Chiefs fans will not have the patience for a two, to three, year restructuring of the offense.
    Good point; it took Trent Green at least three years to become proficient at that offense.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast