Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Positives

Default Positives

That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Good post and any of those players would help us. And you're right about Pioli not willing to dish out huge dollars to land a couple of these guys. I mean do you really think that Snyder coughing up that huge contract to Haynesworth is going to get them to the playoffs? I will continue to disagree with you as far as throwing huge dollars at free agents to get them here. I would rather build our team than buy it. JMHO.
    I don't follow the Redskins. But, if Snyder thinks Haynesworth is worth the 40 or 50 million he'll ultimately spend on the player is a piece to put them in the playoffs or the Super Bowl, then yes, that's when you get players like him. Personally, I think Snyder is a slightly better GM than Al Davis, so, no, I don't think that was a good investment. But, I DO think it was done correctly if he thinks it's going to put them over the top. I just don't think the Redskins are close enough for that to pay off for them.

But, I think we could be a contending team if we weren't still 30 million or so under the cap. If we had brought in a few top flight OLinemen or WRs, we could be contending for the division crown... which isn't much, but its at least a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Houshmandzadeh - Missed Opportunity probably
    Jordan Gross - RE-risgned
    Tra Thomas - LT?
    Albert Haynesworth - 100 million is kind of a lot...
    Julius Peppers - Franchised
    Terrell Suggs - Franchised
    Tank Johnson - Legal Trouble (Tank Tyler is no good?)
    Shaun Cody - Really? Might be a decent fill in but a missed opportunity? GD is panning out.
    Bertrand Berry - Missed opportunity
    Eric Barton - Followed Mangini...
    Karlos Dansby - Franchised
    Mike Peterson - Probably an upgrade somewhere but I dunno...
    Bart Scott - Went with coach
    Jonathan Vilma - Re-signed...
    Nnamdi Asomugha - Re-signed...
    Brian Dawkins - Meh
    Dawan Landry - Was he a FA? Still with the Ravens
    Will Allen - Re-signed...

NOt saying we couldn't of gotten maybe one of those guys but we'd probably have to break the bank and some of them might be worth breaking the bank over but i just don't see it.
    The Haynesworth contract is closer to 48 million than 100. There were a lot of impossible caveats in that contract to make it a 100 million dollar contract. That number was just for show. Some of those guys could've come to KC if we had hired the right coach... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The Haynesworth contract is closer to 48 million than 100. There were a lot of impossible caveats in that contract to make it a 100 million dollar contract. That number was just for show. Some of those guys could've come to KC if we had hired the right coach... just saying.
    Haley wasn't my first choice but I get what you're saying.

I think maybe 1-5 of those guys might have signed here but it wouldn't have been for pennies on the dollar. We'd of had to break the bank for a few and a few of them are worth breaking the bank over but I think the pickings were slim to begin with. Just looking at how many players re-signed or were franchised by their current club the odds were never in our favor to begin with.

Edit: It sort of felt like a ****ty year to have so much cap space...

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Haley wasn't my first choice but I get what you're saying.

I think maybe 1-5 of those guys might have signed here but it wouldn't have been for pennies on the dollar. We'd of had to break the bank for a few and a few of them are worth breaking the bank over but I think the pickings were slim to begin with. Just looking at how many players re-signed or were franchised by their current club the odds were never in our favor to begin with.

Edit: It sort of felt like a ****ty year to have so much cap space...
    I was just saying that the guys we signed weren't exactly top-tier guys on which to build a franchise. Those other guys, were. But we're not in a position where signing those guys would benefit us. The Chiefs aren't serious about winning because they KNOW we're not going to be a winning team. If upper management though we would be a winning franchise, they'd be spending money. As of Sept. 12, we're still 16 million under that cap and 7 million under the salary floor. (The ONLY franchise in that position)

Lets work at removing the prevent defense out of the playbook.
    ...This!

I've seen the "prevent" prevent a team from winning time and time again; it has no place in a close game IMO.

Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from a first-time head coach who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:
    Bill Cowher named Chiefs head coach.
    YOU'RE JUST AN A** FOR POSTING THIS!!!!

Back to the positives.

I was very wrong about LJ! He looked really good and it also seemed like he played with enthusiasm and heart.

I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Missing from your list? The big franchise play maker on either side of the ball that you build your team around. We don' have those guys.
    We did, but the idiots traded him to Minn!!!!!!! Another F'n Herm & Carl blunder for the ages. You don't make up for that in a year or two, it takes several.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456