Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to trade Charles

Default It's time to trade Charles

Now I know I know I'm crazy. But here me out here.

This team isn't going to be able to compete with Denver trading Charles would get this team at least a 1st round pick in addition to the pick that we have. This allows us to build a team for when Peyton is done in Denver.

Things to keep in mind

Charles is a RB. The lifespan of a RB gets shorter and shorter in todays NFL. And seeing how Charles is coming off the an amazing year so his value is at it's peek. The time is now to make the move.

In the short term it does hurt the team but this team isn't going to be winning in the short term anyway so it's time to make the move

and...................................

April fools

​Now let the hate begin :) just had to do it lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Trouble is they'll have accomplished more in his short time there than KC has in 40 years. I'd say it was worth it if I were them. I wish he had come here. If KC weren't second or third rate, maybe he would have.
    Bull. $95 mil was the reason that Peyton didn't bother with KC, combined with Scott Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This regime is too committed to winning right now. If they were sold on rebuilding, trading Charles, Hali, and DJ wouldn't really be that bad of an idea. You could get 2 or 3 first rounders from trading that group along with a bunch of 3rd-7th round picks to go along with all the compensatory picks we'll get next year and this team could get loaded with good, young, affordable talent in a hurry.

I just don't think the fan base would tolerate that.
    In theory that would be nice but out of all those picks you gain how many of them will be bust? Dj , hali, houston and poe makes our front 7 go. If we can get a dominant de we could ha e the best front 7. So I wouldnt want to trade them. If anyone ot would be flowers since he doesnt fit our system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Bull. $95 mil was the reason that Peyton didn't bother with KC, combined with Scott Pioli.
    Exactly, and I don't care what anyone says or thinks, I'd much rather have Alex Smith and Alex played better in the postseason for the Chiefs than any of the 4 post season games Manning has played with the Donkeys. People put too much stock into his regular season stats, but as has been the case throughout his career, Manning will pile up big numbers in the regular season & then drop a big pile in the back of shorts in the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    In theory that would be nice but out of all those picks you gain how many of them will be bust? Dj , hali, houston and poe makes our front 7 go. If we can get a dominant de we could ha e the best front 7. So I wouldnt want to trade them. If anyone ot would be flowers since he doesnt fit our system as well.
    You know I'm with you on that. Need a 3-4 DE like this guy:

Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-01-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This regime is too committed to winning right now. If they were sold on rebuilding, trading Charles, Hali, and DJ wouldn't really be that bad of an idea. You could get 2 or 3 first rounders from trading that group along with a bunch of 3rd-7th round picks to go along with all the compensatory picks we'll get next year and this team could get loaded with good, young, affordable talent in a hurry.

I just don't think the fan base would tolerate that.
    For whatever reason, even great players seldom yield R1 pick(s) in a trade, unless its a QB. Hali and DJ certainly wouldn't get better than a late R2, an R3 more likely. Charles, as great as he is, wouldn't get better than a late R1. R1 picks are gold and treated as such.

A team picking in the top ten picks is usually so bad that one player isn't going to help. Especially players near or older than 30.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Manning could have gotten whatever he wanted anywhere. In fact the story is he wanted to be paid less than Brady, if you can believe that. Manning did not want to come to little Kansas City and its floundering, JV, Patriots wannabe football program. He hit it off with Elway, Fox and Bowlen and supposedly did not like Pioli. He probably saw Crennel for what he was as well -- a failure. Divorce yourself from your allegiance. Where would you have gone? KC or DEN?
    ...in my opinion

Manning could have gotten whatever he wanted anywhere. In fact the story is he wanted to be paid less than Brady, if you can believe that. Manning did not want to come to little Kansas City and its floundering, JV, Patriots wannabe football program. He hit it off with Elway, Fox and Bowlen and supposedly did not like Pioli. He probably saw Crennel for what he was as well -- a failure. Divorce yourself from your allegiance. Where would you have gone? KC or DEN?
    When $95 million gets tossed on the table, the word "allegiance" goes right out the window. And there was no supposing about it, when Pioli got canned the story was in the KC star about Clark Hunt approaching Manning and asking why he wouldn't even talk to KC, and his answer was "Scott Pioli". Also, the Mannings historically have gone to great lengths to avoid GM's they don't like (look at all that stuff that went down with Eli & San Diego...Word afterwards it was because of A.J. Smith).

Just out of curiousity, what teams offered him more money than Denver? Most offers I recall being closer to a third or less than half of that amount.

KC didn't look that horrible at that point. Most of the talking heads were picking us for the AFC West or at least competeting for the division champ crown. Nobody predicted us going 2-14, and all the horrible crud that happened in '12.

For whatever reason, even great players seldom yield R1 pick(s) in a trade, unless its a QB. Hali and DJ certainly wouldn't get better than a late R2, an R3 more likely. Charles, as great as he is, wouldn't get better than a late R1. R1 picks are gold and treated as such.

A team picking in the top ten picks is usually so bad that one player isn't going to help. Especially players near or older than 30.
    It's easy enough to go the other way on this. It just depends on who is the other interested party and just how good one is at enticing such a deal. GM skills.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    What is "Jason"s opinion on Alex Smith :)
    He really wanted us to sign all the big name free agents with the $4.6 million we have. But since we didn't get the guys he wanted, he figures there is no way we can compete with the Donks until Manning is gone, so since we are committed to "building through the draft" we might as well trade all of our best players for picks (and just give up on trying to win now)

Now ... Alex Smith. He is all in favor of building our team by grabbing players from other teams, but not when it comes to quarterbacks. He is always b*tching that we don't spend every first round pick on a Geno Smith or an RG3. He says Alex will only be good for another 4 or 5 years, but never good enough to win a Super Bowl. I guess he doesn't realize that the AVERAGE NFL career is about 3 years!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

April Fools day, is over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12