Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Chiefs

Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Chiefs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzu-2Ykae0"]Chiefs Draft Grades Video[/ame]

Good evening KC fans!! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

good breakdown you forgot about wylie and the impact he could have. i call it a solid b though ,thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    good breakdown you forgot about wylie and the impact he could have. i call it a solid b though ,thanks for the video
    Thanks SLC Chief!! Wylie is a guy that I was kind of meh about.. He'll contribute don't get me wrong, but the other guys intrigued me more

I agree with your grade Em although as a fan I see more upside to Poe given Romeo is going to work with him to push him tword being that guy. Was 11 too high? Probably, but it was our biggest need. I believe they got the best athlete at NT and I trust RACs ability to teach him technique.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I agree with your grade Em although as a fan I see more upside to Poe given Romeo is going to work with him to push him tword being that guy. Was 11 too high? Probably, but it was our biggest need. I believe they got the best athlete at NT and I trust RACs ability to teach him technique.
    Lets hope he can teach him nastiness as well.. I just need to see a mean/aggressive streak from him on the field.

Now they have Poe & Powe, I can have so much fun with these names :)

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Lets hope he can teach him nastiness as well.. I just need to see a mean/aggressive streak from him on the field.

Now they have Poe & Powe, I can have so much fun with these names :)
    I think playing in just one spot and finding he can excel when raw talent and good coaching is combined will give him that mean streak. Players that have usually got by on talent rarely show if they're powder puffs or mean SOB's until they're challenged. If Poe isn't challenged in the NFL then I think we have our answer on which way his streak runs.

As always nice job Em! I completely agree with the analysis. I like the O-line acquisitions, but would have much rather seen us go for Decastro in the first round then Poe. Hopefully Pioli and company will prove me wrong.

Thanks Emdiggy - great breakdown as always.

Looking forward to these guys getting signed and getting into camp. The Chiefs really addressed the O-line and all the picks were geared towards team needs. Really looking forward to September.

It's understood that Poe was a risk (they're all risks at some point). My hopes are that Poe has a monster summer camp and lives up to his combine performance.

Cyrus Gray could be one of those picks that adds a few more years to the GM's tenure. Could very well be the steal of the draft. It's absolutely INSANE that the Chiefs got him where they did.

I haven't talked much about this, but I wouldn't worry too much about Poe. He was already receiving high grades before the combine. You just started hearing his name more because guys like Kiper finally started paying attention after the combine. If you're expecting a N. Suh type impact player, that's not going to happen. Suh is a once a generation player. But getting elite NT production SHOULD be expected and he's more than capable. The criticism you hear about Poe is him not showing up in a weak conference. NTs won't impact spread offenses the way they impact NFL offenses and he played almost every defensive snap for his team at 340lbs. Give him a good rotation, some good Crennel coaching, a year or two to mature and play against NFL offenses and you're going to see a legit top 5 NT.
    Last edited by texaschief; 05-16-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    As always nice job Em! I completely agree with the analysis. I like the O-line acquisitions, but would have much rather seen us go for Decastro in the first round then Poe. Hopefully Pioli and company will prove me wrong.
    Thanks Homie!! I just knew you guys were gonna snatch up Decastro! But, If Poe can play up to his draft stock, then I'll be the 1st one to eat crow!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Thanks Emdiggy - great breakdown as always.

Looking forward to these guys getting signed and getting into camp. The Chiefs really addressed the O-line and all the picks were geared towards team needs. Really looking forward to September.

It's understood that Poe was a risk (they're all risks at some point). My hopes are that Poe has a monster summer camp and lives up to his combine performance.
    Thanks Eydugstr!! It'll be interesting to see how he comes in and performs over the summer.. He's going to be the most watched 1st Rd pick in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Cyrus Gray could be one of those picks that adds a few more years to the GM's tenure. Could very well be the steal of the draft. It's absolutely INSANE that the Chiefs got him where they did.

I haven't talked much about this, but I wouldn't worry too much about Poe. He was already receiving high grades before the combine. You just started hearing his name more because guys like Kiper finally started paying attention after the combine. If you're expecting a N. Suh type impact player, that's not going to happen. Suh is a once a generation player. But getting elite NT production SHOULD be expected and he's more than capable. The criticism you hear about Poe is him not showing up in a weak conference. NTs won't impact spread offenses the way they impact NFL offenses and he played almost every defensive snap for his team at 340lbs. Give him a good rotation, some good Crennel coaching, a year or two to mature and play against NFL offenses and you're going to see a legit top 5 NT.
    THIS! However, I have to respectfully disagree with the NTs wouldn't impact a Spread attack.. the way you defeat the spread is by dominating the center.. That's where my issue with Poe comes from. He should've been a lot more disruptive than he was

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast